PDA

View Full Version : What special character that has never had a mini would you like to see get made ?

Tyrelli
30-11-2011, 17:38
What special character that has never had a mini would you like to see get made ?

Glenn87
30-11-2011, 17:41
of the new, 8th books alone: Gitilla and Snagla, the 2 gobbo hero characters.
If they made a Gitilla, it would be an instant-buy for me, as I love wolf riders!!

The bearded one
30-11-2011, 17:43
Mazdamundi. I know you can put a slann on a stegadon, but a dedicated model would be pretty sweet.

SilentCivilian
30-11-2011, 17:49
Kholek Suneater. I am thinking Arachnarok size base.

Razakel
30-11-2011, 18:04
Grimnir, the one boss to boss them all... what? I can dream can't I?

Bingo the Fun Monkey
30-11-2011, 18:11
Bellanaer, Loremaster of Hoeth. A mage-swordmaster hybrid. Oooooh yea.

Danny_D14
30-11-2011, 18:11
A nice Nakai model would've been nice oh and a Valkyia(sp?) one for WoC.

calnen
30-11-2011, 19:03
Gotrek Starbreaker :D

DaemonReign
30-11-2011, 19:56
Kugath (GuO on palanquin frozen in the pose of hurling a handfull of Nurglings)

... Perhaps?
Not that I actually use SC's but it could make for a cool model.

Lord Shadowheart
30-11-2011, 20:31

Got to 2nd this, always loved combat mages :)

For stuff with exisiting rules, Vilitch the Curseling.

Glenn87
30-11-2011, 20:35
Grimnir, the one boss to boss them all... what? I can dream can't I?

Do these actually have rules in their army books?
I think the OP ment existing SC's wich don't have a model...

if he didn't (and we're allowed to dream): AENARION!!!!

Nubl0
30-11-2011, 20:52
A Taurox model would be really cool, moonclaw and slugtounge would be pretty neat too.

Mr. Ultra
30-11-2011, 22:18
I'd like to see Hellebron as a model. And Taurox, too.

TheDarkDuke
30-11-2011, 22:20
Kholek especially if they make him look exactly like his artwork. taurox would be pretty cool as well.

Morkash
30-11-2011, 22:25
Kholek on a 100x150 base would be ace. His artwork is neat already...

I'd also like to see Skarbrand. An insane Bloodthirster so freaking angry that even a band of hooligans look like tame schoolgirls? Yes, please!

Tyrelli
30-11-2011, 23:03
Do these actually have rules in their army books?
I think the OP ment existing SC's wich don't have a model...

if he didn't (and we're allowed to dream): AENARION!!!!

Ideally the current books (you never know who's watching) but hey I let you all dream :)

Korraz
30-11-2011, 23:12
I'd like to see Hellebron as a model. And Taurox, too.

The Beast ones would be interesting to see.
Sadly, GW seems to have given up on the Beasts Book.

I'm also seconding Kholek.

BigbyWolf
30-11-2011, 23:19
Current Books- Kholek, Throgg, and the Beastmen one that can be mounted on a beastie (Moonclaw?).

Would have loved to see a Magnus the Pious, though (4th edition), even if his rules were a tad uninspiring.

Korraz
30-11-2011, 23:22
To be fair, nearly every character's rules were a tad uninspiring back then. Especially the Imperial ones.
"Look at me. I'm an Elector Count! All that sets me apart from the others is... a bow and a hawk!"

Tyrelli
01-12-2011, 08:01
slugtongue

Glenn87
01-12-2011, 09:41
Ideally the current books (you never know who's watching) but hey I let you all dream :)

yeah, I totally follow you :)
With the Mangler Squig made, Gitilla and Snagla are the ONLY things in the O&G army book wich don't have models yet :(

Ow, and I follow the guys above on Hellebron too, altough I think her 'model' is the Hag Queen with the Cauldron. Same with the old Metal Foot Sorceress (the one WITH clothes), who was used as Morathi often. (well, she looks exactly like the picture from Morathi from the first DE army Book).

On another note, there is 1 character wich I would LOVE to get redone: Malus Darkblade (on a new Cold One of Course)!!

Chaos Undecided
01-12-2011, 10:07
Would like to see some of the other Beasts characters finally appear particularly Slugtoungue but Taurox would also be quite cool to see (hopefully)

Otherwise would also like to see Arkhan the Black get a new model and for them to finally do Valkia, maybe they'll do the latter when her black library book comes out next year.

Kyte
01-12-2011, 12:21
Villitch The Curseling and any of the Beastman Characters.

basher
01-12-2011, 12:26
got to second Arkhan the Black

Mr. Ultra
01-12-2011, 12:45
slugtongue

Yes, that would be great to see, too! Specially if they make a model as gross looking as the new plastic Nurgle champion.

Late
01-12-2011, 14:46
^^^Arkhan has a model, and a rather nice looking one to boot, the chariot looks awful though.

*on topic edit*

I second Hellebron, Skabrand would be cool too.

Leogun_91
01-12-2011, 15:04
The Beast ones would be interesting to see.
Sadly, GW seems to have given up on the Beasts Book.You are aware that they just released two beastmen monster boxes (three monsters total) and re-released the doombull in finecast right?

I second Moonclaw and Umbralok (his mount). I'd also enjoy the bluescribes.

AlphariusOmegon20
01-12-2011, 15:15
A Taurox model would be really cool, moonclaw and slugtounge would be pretty neat too.

I'll vote for Slugtongue also, and add in Ungrol Fourhorn.

Tyrelli
01-12-2011, 21:32
A new Arkhan would be cool, but he has had a mini, this is for never seen special characters .. ideally from the current rule books.

VoodooJanus
01-12-2011, 21:42
I could really get behind a nice Coeddil mini. There really can't be enough elf hate in the WH universe. He'd have to be huge, but that's part of the reason I'd want him!

Also, Wychwethyl the Wild would be an awesome mini. And a blast to use. A super awesome Wardancer hero could be done very well.

BorderKing
01-12-2011, 21:46
Piggolo would be fun I think.

loveless
01-12-2011, 21:49
Kholek just for the sheer size of him (do it in plastic, GW, he's big enough for it!).

Moonclaw and Taurox (or whatever, the moonchild and the brass bull).

Nothing else really jumps to mind...I'm probably forgetting something (though most of them I want to see have had models before, Hellebron and Isabella, for instance).

lbecks
01-12-2011, 22:21
"Life of Sigmar" set, or any other type of historical character/set piece.

Mr. Ultra
02-12-2011, 08:11
I support the Coeddil idea, that should be great!

Evil Hypnotist
02-12-2011, 09:28
I have found a nice proxy for Throgg in the form of Bhudur from LOTR, so I will go for Festus

Voss
02-12-2011, 15:31
Drachenfels. Ditch the Nagash idiot and bring the original 'dark lord' back.

ArtificerArmour
02-12-2011, 15:39
enough about rules without models - lets have some models without rules! belakor and azazel!

Dreadlordpaul
02-12-2011, 23:18
W'soran or aborash

Darnok
02-12-2011, 23:40
Kugath and the Bluescribes.

logan054
02-12-2011, 23:51
valnir the reaper and count mordrek the damned

Jind_Singh
02-12-2011, 23:58
The two new Orc & Goblins heroes - there is a Wolf Rider Khan and a Spider Rider Boss!

OH MY HOOFS! ANY beastmen special character not made please!

The Warriors of Chaos special characters (all of them that are not please!)

Those are my main wants - but of course I'd happily sacrifice the minions of Chaos if it meant my Goblins could be made tomorrow!

Special characters that we already HAVE but may as well not have as they are so poor...

Karl Franz - needs a massive update please
Actually so does Balthasar Gelt - leader of the wizards
Volkmar the Grim...indeed his model does look grim!

Any of the older Skaven characters that have not been redone

GRIMGOR - he looks PANTS PANTS PANTS! Make him look better -mean, hulking, bestial - he looks so snotling like for what he is!

I would be happy chappy with the above!

SacredCow
03-12-2011, 16:26
Valkia would be awesome

Tyrelli
04-12-2011, 19:21
Karl Franz - needs a massive update please!

Agreed .. but the old mini has a charm about him ..

Athariel
05-12-2011, 15:01
New Models

Dark Elves Hellebron and WOC Valkyia would be awesome as well as the missing Tomb Kings Characters.

Redone Models

Nagash and Heinrich Kemmler/Krell

Griffonclaw
06-12-2011, 01:24
Not to sound bitter, but any dwarf really. We havent had a new sc model in ages, even longer so when not counting the remade thorgrim.

Dr Death
06-12-2011, 10:41
Hellebron has the most appeal to me to be remade. She's an established character with a great visual hook- a witch elf that's a hag rather than a nubile young girl. I quite like the idea of having Hellebron look like something out of 'The Witches' with Angelica Huston. It'd also be a chance for GW to have another stab at a Manticore.

Dr Death

Feefait
07-12-2011, 01:34
Mazdamundi. I know you can put a slann on a stegadon, but a dedicated model would be pretty sweet.

This was my first thought too. Then i thought of the price they'd charge and I lost all interest. lol

Dirty Diszle
28-01-2012, 20:17
Kholek and Kor'sarro Kahn on his bike (white scars master of the hunt). Also a Brunner the bounty hunter, Jerrek Von Carstein (as an empire hero) and Kalled Storm Warden (both from the Vampire Wars novels). I dont think they do enough minis from book tie ins!

Leogun_91
28-01-2012, 20:22
GRIMGOR - he looks PANTS PANTS PANTS! Make him look better -mean, hulking, bestial - he looks so snotling like for what he is!They retconned him being badass though. Now he has just fought skaven and been beaten by a chaos leader. His current model is a fairly good representation of a black orc warboss who isn't much more special than any other black orc warboss.
In the last book when he had battled his way to both chaos and empire armies to beat the **** out of the Everchosen he deserved a cool model. Now he doesn't.

Righthandedtwin
28-01-2012, 20:25
As an Ogre player I'm a little spoilt for choice given all four of our SC's were blessed with models at launch...however that being said I would like to see:

An updaten to Skrag as he looks very dated to say he was launched the same time as he other Ogres.
A model for two of the template characters in the 6th ed. book, they possessed Lore but no rules, the ones I'm mostly thinking of (given Golgfag now has a model) are Jared the Red and Braugh the Slavelord.

Also an updated model for Butchers and Tyrants would be awesome, Tyrants need a more customisable model since we only really have two configs right now without converting/scratch building and the Butchers just look.....let's face it aweful.

dimetri1
28-01-2012, 20:47
Suneater. There was a miniature produced by a German company but I can not find there site anymore.

nurgle5
29-01-2012, 02:03
I want to see the Plaguefather get a mini! I really want Ku'gath to lead my gibbering horde, I'm contemplating converting him from an old GUO, though obviously I'd prefer GW to do the work for me! :p

On another note, there is 1 character wich I would LOVE to get redone: Malus Darkblade (on a new Cold One of Course)!!

I'm with you 100% on this one. I've never collected Dark Elves but he's one of my favourite characters in the whfb universe.

W'soran or aborash

Maybe Walach? He's less of a "Primarch-y" (for want of a better phrase) character then these two.

GRIMGOR - he looks PANTS PANTS PANTS! Make him look better -mean, hulking, bestial - he looks so snotling like for what he is!

You say that to his face! :D

In the last book when he had battled his way to both chaos and empire armies to beat the **** out of the Everchosen he deserved a cool model. Now he doesn't.

*fingers in ears* lalalalalalala.. didn't happen! :o

That encounter makes everyone in it look like a complete *****. Grimgor headbutting Archaon from behind completely negates the whole reason he was there, for a challenging fight.

quietus1986
29-01-2012, 03:00
Neferata I really wan't her back.

Luigi
29-01-2012, 03:01
I'd always Imagined a model of myself being pretty cool :P

Leogun_91
29-01-2012, 05:35
That encounter makes everyone in it look like a complete *****. Grimgor headbutting Archaon from behind completely negates the whole reason he was there, for a challenging fight.He never headbutted him from behind. It was described as a hard fought battle and cutting through two different armies affects your ability to sneak.

Nubl0
29-01-2012, 05:59
True but he didn't really "fight" him, he just attacked Archaon after you know... he just beat up the incarnation of sigmar and various other heroes of the empire? As hard as Grimgor is he would have been slapped around like a baby in a proper fight seeing as he couldn't even defeat Crom. Croms awesome but hes still just an underling of Archaon who doesn't even use magic armour or weapons.

Oh and I really want a model for valkia now that I think about it.

HRC
29-01-2012, 15:14
Have no idea about any german company wich produced him but here is one model from china:

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/mpg-miniatures/Warhammer%20Warriors%20of%20Chaos/chaos_dragon_lord_suneater_1_1.jpg
http://www.ebay.de/itm/190552610790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

What I am not sure about is, is it allowed to buy such models? They are not from gw but was made from gw artwork.

nurgle5
29-01-2012, 17:31
I have seen some similar sculpts of Valkia and Viltich:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/vilitch/adrift65/chaos_sorcerer_vilitch_the_curse-1.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/valkia13.jpg/

He never headbutted him from behind. It was described as a hard fought battle and cutting through two different armies affects your ability to sneak.

Sorry, I should've written almost from behind. Archaon had only gotten back on his feet, turned around and *bam!*, Grimgor headbutts him. Also, who said anything about sneaking? Archaon did not notice the orc running up behind because he was fighting a personal combat against Valten in the middle of a battle. Stealth is not required to attack someone from behind.

True but he didn't really "fight" him, he just attacked Archaon after you know... he just beat up the incarnation of sigmar and various other heroes of the empire? As hard as Grimgor is he would have been slapped around like a baby in a proper fight seeing as he couldn't even defeat Crom. Croms awesome but hes still just an underling of Archaon who doesn't even use magic armour or weapons.

The whole Crom thing was just a contrived reason for Grimgor to go looking for Archaon (which was pretty dumb, as surely even an Orc would hear of the Everchosen by reputation). The Final Boss fight of the SoC was bloody awful, both in how clumsy all sides were (these guys are supposed to be good at fighting!) and the utter nonsensical fashion in which the orcs quit the field. I mean, why on earth would Grimgor (an orc so bloodthirsty he kills his own followers if he goes hours without fighting) leave the comically and tragically incapacitated Archaon, Valten or Huss alive?

Righthandedtwin
29-01-2012, 18:16
I think overall I'd like to see Blue Scribes and Villitch get a model since well, as you can tell by my name I'm a Twin and am very into "Twin" characters (except Tyrion and Teclis thier plot armour and swords are waaay too thick and strong.) I am also quite interested in seeing a rescuplt of Skulltaker (his stance is blegh!!) and the Changeling...plus a model for Skarbrand and Kugath.

Leogun_91
29-01-2012, 19:06
True but he didn't really "fight" him, he just attacked Archaon after you know... he just beat up the incarnation of sigmar and various other heroes of the empire? As hard as Grimgor is he would have been slapped around like a baby in a proper fight seeing as he couldn't even defeat Crom. Croms awesome but hes still just an underling of Archaon who doesn't even use magic armour or weapons.Your confusing pre-Storm of Chaos Grimgor with army crushing storm of chaos GRIMGOR.
Being defeated by Crom was a turning point for Grimgor that made him fight hard to prove himself and become the 'ardest evva. After the event he also got the most badass coaches in the form of visions from Gork.
A movie about Grimgor would be composed as following.
Act 1: Grimgor slaughters skaven, introduces him as a great fighter, the Inciting Incident shows him getting bored and searching more challenges. At the end of Act 1 Crom defeating Grimgor is the Plot point that starts the plot of Grimgor wanting to prove himself.
Act 2: Grimgor faces challenges and meets "Archaon" in the first culmination, defeating him after a hard fought battle. Grimgor declares himself 'ardest evva but the chaos champion reveals that he is not Archaon and tells of Archaons power. The scale is shown and the hopelessness of even reaching, no more defeating, the Everchosen is understood. Grimgor still tries to fight his way moving through armies to enter the old world. At the end of the act, as a plot point, when all seems lost Gork talks to Grimgor, making him fight even harder.
Act 3: Grimgor turns up at Middenheim, fights his way through two armies and during the Climax battles with Archaon. There isn't really any Denouement.
What I was trying to say is, the Grimgor who lost against Crom is the loser character at the start of the film and the Grimgor who beat Archaon is the movie hero Grimgor.
Though as I've said, they retconned his rise to being the greatest orc fighter ever so it's a moot point.

Sqallum
29-01-2012, 19:14
Taurox = phsyco brass beast = win!!!! :D
Moonclaw would look extremely interesting with his appearance of frenzy, madness and dark magic
Slugtongue would also be very good with his sick, rotted appearance, and Kholek would simply be great! :)
Sqallum

sulla
29-01-2012, 19:36
Malekith on his chariot (gives a new DE chariot and Mally on foot out of the same kit).

Definately Kholek on one of the new, huge bases.

Also, I second the post asking for rules for old special characters, and add regiments of reknown to that; lets have new rules for Menghil's Manflayers, Ruglud's boyz, the galloper guns etc. All those old RoR have stood the test of time.

BigbyWolf
29-01-2012, 20:07
Suneater. There was a miniature produced by a German company but I can not find there site anymore.

http://www.the2blackdragons.com/

They do pretty good work, I've got one of their Engra Deathsword conversions.

herohammer
30-01-2012, 00:49
I'd say Slugtongue for people who have never had a model. He has a very cool appearance in the lore and AB art and is the second to most often used special character in his book behind ghoros. He appeals to casuals and competitive players of BM and would sell to VC and Chaos warrior.daemon players as the basis for conversions and counts as models.

Arkhan needs a new model and I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Arkhan on foot or in his flying chariot in the inevitable TK second wave with plastic bone giant/hierotitan dual kit.

popisdead
01-02-2012, 22:26
The Divine Prophetess of Athel Loren.

LaughinGremlin
02-02-2012, 00:19
To celebrate the return of the halflings, make special rules for a HERO level elector count of The Moot on a barded war pony, which has a nasty magical SHORT bow/arrows (causes damage and possibly temporarily lowers movement or initiative), and a magical trinket which offers a better than average ward save. It's a tad silly and different. The concept creates a great opportunity to make a very characterful model that is extra "frilly".

pointyteeth
02-02-2012, 00:48
Going back a few editions, I vote for Count Mordrek the Damned. He was a chaos lord that had every stat rolled for at the start of the battle.

Malorian
02-02-2012, 00:50
Mazdamundi would be my vote.

I love the idea of him, but my sculpt of him is horrible!

Commodus Leitdorf
02-02-2012, 02:06
Marius Leitdorf on foot.

Marius is the best swordsmen in the Empire (next to The Reikmarshal...even then they never dueled so it's a guess really), having him on horseback is good but he fought with two weapons and I'd like a mini of him that highlighted how he fought on the battlefield at his last battle. (I believe he was fighting with his Greatswords).

LaughinGremlin
02-02-2012, 02:49
Marius Leitdorf on foot.

Marius is the best swordsmen in the Empire (next to The Reikmarshal...even then they never dueled so it's a guess really), having him on horseback is good but he fought with two weapons and I'd like a mini of him that highlighted how he fought on the battlefield at his last battle. (I believe he was fighting with his Greatswords).

It always bugged me that we haven't had the option to pick whether or not the special character elector counts could be mounted or dismounted. Give us the option for at least a COUPLE of the SCs - to pay more for a warhorse or other mount!

Count Demandred
02-02-2012, 18:24
Abhorash... Has to be him.

Righthandedtwin
02-02-2012, 18:35
Yeah, Naieth could be a very good special character for wood elves. Beign a seer, she can allow to redeploy some wood elf units at the begining of the game and have some other cool abilities. I want her in the next book :D

So for instance she could enable you to redeploy D6 units after the enemy has deployed thier forces. Or could "forsee" the enemy they face and pick D6 units/Characters on the map and force them to reveal Hidden Models (Assassins/Fanatics ect.) and all Magic items they carry.

TheRaven
02-02-2012, 18:44
Definately that beastmen one that calls down a meteor shower once per game. Can't remember his name. The herald of Morisleib or something like that. I'm not a beastmen fan but his rules were my favorite rules of any special character GW ever did. The art makes it seem like he could be a really cool model.

Avalanche
02-02-2012, 19:06
Abhorash or what his name is.

Kuja
02-02-2012, 19:15
So for instance she could enable you to redeploy D6 units after the enemy has deployed thier forces. Or could "forsee" the enemy they face and pick D6 units/Characters on the map and force them to reveal Hidden Models (Assassins/Fanatics ect.) and all Magic items they carry.

Yeah, that is very cool too.

tartanspartacus
04-02-2012, 00:51
I realise that there wouldn't be much scope for it's use, but I think a model of Aenarion would just be amazing!

More realistically, however, I agree that a re-release of the Dogs of War would satisfy me! I want to be able to buy the Galloping Guns, the Birdmen, and Lorenzo Lupo without having to trawl ebay!

woodster17
04-02-2012, 12:54
Of course Aenarion, but also Caledor Dragontamer. Being the greatest mage that ever lived he may be a tad overpowered. Any of the Phoenix Kings/Dwarfs Kings of old would be great for me, as well as any of the original Vampires who fled Lahmia. I seem to recall some years back when the TK were originally released GW considered releasing heroes from the past as rules but it never continued.

Marauder_chieftan
04-02-2012, 17:51
I can't remember his name, but the Tomb Kings caster named hero guy with the art work showing some tiny mage in the distance exploding into light. I think if the model reflected the artwork it would be extremely cool.

Nubl0
04-02-2012, 18:42
Caledor greatest mage ever? Pfft, give me rules and a model for a living kroak, or any other 1st generation slann. Teach them pointy ears about real magic!

swiftshadow14
06-02-2012, 07:53
the red duke would be cool, but AENARION would be sick!

Righthandedtwin
06-02-2012, 09:06
Okay so...what I would like to see and while it applies to the current ed. SC's it also applies to the normal Lords and Heroes is a return of the old "top hats and tails" style Von Carsteins...as nice as the current armour is it also felt like a Blood Dragon affair, it just didn't have the Von Carstein feel of the nobillity of Undeath...so yea a return of the old OOP Mannfred and an update to the old OOP Vlad would be aces (Y)

Also for Anaerion, use Tyrion :). According to "Blood of Anaerion" Tyrion is virutally identicle to him in appearance (He is said to look identicle to the statue of Anaerion in Lothern) plus he wears the guys armour as well.

oldWitheredCorpse
06-02-2012, 09:26
Khatep and Ramhotep! Khatep being a good bit more inspiring than a regular liche priest, and Ramhotep exorbitantly displaying his vanity (and insanity).

Tyrelli
10-04-2012, 09:28
Karl Franz - needs a massive update please
Volkmar the Grim...indeed his model does look grim!

your wish was granted :)

Dreadlordpaul
10-04-2012, 20:37
Vilitch the curseling

Sheena Easton
10-04-2012, 21:56
Oglok the ‘Orrible

Why
11-04-2012, 05:15
Taurox, slugtong, moonclaw. Khazrak and Morghur could both do with some new models but they are decent enough for the time being.