PDA

View Full Version : What are the top competitive Dark Eldar army lists in the current metagame?

Akaiyou
01-12-2011, 07:47
I had great success in this forum working out my starter Grey Knights army list. (Thanks to everyone who helped!) However this army is going to run me less than my estimated budjet so I decided to put the remainer in reserve towards my following army, which is to be Dark Eldar.

So I want to know what are the best builds around? For grey knights my options were clearly Draigo or Crowe lists..so what's the cream of the crop with DE? And what is the basic army composition like?

Example lists are greatly appreciated since it helps me judge how much $ i need to buy into the army. The core units/essentials all that.

Thanks in advance to everyone chipping in their knowledge.

Radium
01-12-2011, 07:53
3 ravagers
blasterspam in venoms

That's about it for the most popular competitive DE list, take a cheap HQ, maybe some wyches to deal with combat and you're good to go.

Akaiyou
01-12-2011, 07:56
mmmm can you elaborate a bit more? I haven't really taken THAT good of a look at the DE codex yet so better description of composition would greatly help so I know what to look for when I sit down and work out the points + cash value of said list

Sami
01-12-2011, 08:13
Cooke cutter lists are pretty much:

HQ: Baron Sathonyx (pretty much auto-include), 0-1 Archons with Agoniser/Shadowfield/PGL/Drugs (only really if taking Incubi), 0-3 Haemonculi with Liquifiers or Shattershards (to give out pain tokens).

Elite: 1-3 units of 3-4 Trueborn each with Blasters in a Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons. 0-1 units of 5-8 Incubi in a Raider (if doing this, try to take an Archon to give them grenades).

Troops: 5 man Warrior squads with a Blaster in each on a Venom with 2x Splinter Cannons. 8-10 (wo)man Wych Squads with Haywire Grenades in a Raider. Hekatrix with Agoniser optional. One blob squad of Hellions to hide the Baron in (can also use a Beastmaster squad).

FA: Units of 6x Reavers with Heat Lances, or units of 5x Scourges with Haywire Blasters, or units of 3-4x Beastmasters with 4x Razorwing Flocks and 5-10x Khymerae (Baron can go here).

HQ: 2-3 Ravagers with Dark Lances, 0-1 Razorwings with stock missiles and possible disintegrator cannons.

In short, every filled FOC slot bar FA and HQ should have a vehicle in it :D