PDA

View Full Version : A poll regarding Beastmen monsters and sales

Mozzamanx
01-12-2011, 12:41
Hello,

this is a simple poll to gauge the reaction to the Beastmen monsters released last week. I am interested to know what people are planning to buy, and whether that would be affected by a rebalancing of the rules in White Dward / online.

It is generally agreed that the monsters are currently significantly overpriced in comparison to their abilities, which is a crying shame because they are fantastic concepts. However, if the rules were changed, or repointed, I would love to see how the community would react and how it would change sales.

To be more specific, to see how much money GW would make if they did decide to change them. A damn good incentive I think. :D

Please pick an option on the poll regarding your attitude to the monsters, and whether a change in rules / points would affect your purchases.

For myself, I love the Cygor concept and would definitely include one if I didn't consider it such a handicap. While I am not so keen on the Jabber concept, the model is lovely and I would certainly be tempted to include one. I have no intention of taking the Ghorgon however, even with the rules addressed. I simply do not like the new model.

Many thanks for your opinions and votes.

Lordy
01-12-2011, 12:45
Won't be buying any of them unless the rules change.

Even if the rules changed I'm not sure I'd buy any, they do look a lot better in the 3d video though.

They are never gonna take 100pts off a model, GW's policy of refusing to admit they ever do wrong is costing them IMO.

decker_cky
01-12-2011, 13:06
Might buy one, would for sure buy 2 (possibly 3) if rules were updated and made good.

Aeron
01-12-2011, 13:13
Polls with too many options are popping up everywhere! Maybe I should do a poll asking why :p

There is going to be hundreds if not thousands of sales from kids and people who dont use/read this forum.

I'm not sure what this poll is trying to achieve. I could extrapolate the results either way - lots on here buy some - well thats means most of us are adults and have more money than sense. Or. Lots of people on here dont buy any...well your all stick in the muds and if you sour folks dont like it that means kids are gonna love it :D

Nate.

jullevi
01-12-2011, 13:32
Game effectiveness doesn't usually affect my purchases. I have many armies that have never seen the tabletop. If I like the model, then it is a possible candidate to collect dust in my cabinet.

Ghorgon/cygor looks like fun to paint and perfectly suitable for dipping, but the model has some design issues that may turn me down. I also fear that it might look too big next to my classic Beastmen. Jabberwocky is more likely to find its way into my collection, but it competes with Skullvane Manse for my holiday purchases. I wish it were metal :(

Makaber
01-12-2011, 13:53
Honestly, in an army consisting pretty much of variations on goatmen, I'll pay a little extra just to have something else to spice things up a little. So I'm looking at definitely getting a Ghorgon (which ain't that bad at all), and possibly a Jabber just for looks.

Feefait
01-12-2011, 13:57
I'd love to see GW do what some companies have done and release cards with new models with rules and points. Of course they could very easily rectify things in WD, which would be even better. But the cards would be simple enough too.

BigbyWolf
01-12-2011, 14:03
I like the Jabberwocky, and intend to buy one, and I don't actually play Beastmen, although I may have to start a Morghur/ Jabberwocky/ Spawn/ Razorgor army of twisted beasties.

Malorian
01-12-2011, 14:03
I don't play beastmen but I'm tempted to buy one of the kits to use for storm of magic or proxy for other monsters.

AlphariusOmegon20
01-12-2011, 14:07
Yes, I'm one of the weird ones, I'm buying all three.

But then I have a Beastmen army, so it makes sense.

ccxo
01-12-2011, 14:29
Not a beastman player but as others have said would be a good addition to Storm of Magic.

hellharlequin
01-12-2011, 14:30
Yes, I'm one of the weird ones, I'm buying all three.

But then I have a Beastmen army, so it makes sense.

me too

depite havein already two cygors, one jabberslyth and two ghorgons

mrtn
01-12-2011, 14:49
I would maybe buy one if the prices came down and the points/rules were changed. But then that goes against my almost-boycott of GW, and I have some models to paint up already (like a shaggoth), so I could use that instead and save my money for something cheaper.

Besides, I prefer Maelstroms models, at least for the goaty ones.

Harwammer
01-12-2011, 16:50
I'm sorely tempted to make the Jabber my first finecast purchase. It can be fun to use but it really is no bargain. Improvements to it's ranged abilities and/or a points drop would make it close to a certain purchase.

With a rules change I might be tempted to get a Cygor/Ghorgon kit. I've already converted a Cygor and don't think the Ghorgon adds anything new to the list (it's a super hitty giant in an army that was already super hitty and had a giant...) BUT if they were better value I'd probably buy one so I could use both on the table at once.

On that provision I'd try doing some magnet magic with the arms/head so I could switch between cygor/cygor and cygor/ghorgon combo (currently if I double up I use Jabber/cygor as they both require anti-Ld army builds anyway and I have an undead wyvern that makes a passable Jabber).

Memnos
01-12-2011, 16:58
Honestly, in an army consisting pretty much of variations on goatmen, I'll pay a little extra just to have something else to spice things up a little. So I'm looking at definitely getting a Ghorgon (which ain't that bad at all), and possibly a Jabber just for looks.

I love the Jabber, not sure about the Ghorgon.

He's just too tubby. I want my Ghorgon to look like he's about to start something. I liked the Minotaurs and would rather the Ghorgon looked like the old metal giant than an obese dude with skulls all over.

Morkash
01-12-2011, 17:06
I have definately interest in the Jabber. After my OK army is done, I want to build a Great Host of Chaos, and the Jabber surely find its way into it!

Artinam
01-12-2011, 19:16
I'm intered in a Ghorgon and maybe a Jabberslyth, I expect it to be a very rare model to be seen ;)

sulla
01-12-2011, 20:44
I would probably buy 2 jabbers if they were as good as terrorgeists.

I would definately buy one of eack of the others if they were better, ruleswise.

Harwammer
01-12-2011, 21:05
noooo everybodys buying a jabberslythe! If it's too popular gw will think it is overpowered so ramp up the points and tone down the powers next update! :-( lol

AlphariusOmegon20
02-12-2011, 04:59
noooo everybodys buying a jabberslythe! If it's too popular gw will think it is overpowered so ramp up the points and tone down the powers next update! :-( lol

Which won't be for at least another 6 years by my guess, based on how slow GW releases books.....

russellmoo
02-12-2011, 05:04
I put no, because I don't play beastmen, however, I am tempted to purchase the ghorgon and covert it into a buff giant-

Evil Hypnotist
02-12-2011, 11:56
I like the Cygor rules and the model looks quite cool so I would pick it up for Storm of Magic games where the points cost doesn't really bother me.

Pazuzu
02-12-2011, 12:05
I'm going to buy one kit, but not for a beastmen army...

popisdead
02-12-2011, 20:51
I play Beastmen, have the two Banebeasts for the Minotaur-based two and a custom made Jabber.

I never really field them in 8th ed (other than the mandatory Cygor in Storm of Magic) so since GW hasn't amended them in points costs or rules update for me to have a desire to play them enough in the store to warrant buying second copies.

Frankly I have much more I want to paint than a model I'll be let down with in the game.