PDA

View Full Version : 130ish to spend on Necrons

the_picto
01-12-2011, 16:12
So I'm thinking of either getting the Deldar megaforce or spending the money on a new necron army. If I was to go for the latter, what would be a good selection to buy? Something like:

Battalion
2xImmortals box
1xLychguard or Praetorians (lord and crytec conversions)
1xCommand Barge

By my reckoning that's 1500ish points of largely foot slogging. Is it worth having just one vehicle? I also have a Deceiver that I'm currently using as a Tzeentch daemon prince who could be used as a C'tan shard.

IcedCrow
01-12-2011, 16:33
Unless you mean the old batalion box, it doesn't exist.

My first $300 was spent on 3 boxes of warriors, 4 boxes of immortals, an ark, and a doomsday barge with the generic necron overlord model.

Gave me enough to field all of my troops (I have since bought another box of warriors and two more boxes of immortals)

the_picto
01-12-2011, 16:36
Ah, didn't realise the battleforce wasn't available anymore. That sucks.

ted1138
01-12-2011, 23:36
Buy the Codex 1st, and then buy whatever you need to build your army later.

3 0f 6
02-12-2011, 08:25
Can I suggest getting a 3DS instead, since the rules for that will not suddenly be changed and you will not be left waiting for half the model range to be released......(although you will await game releases, but with all the greats on the DS available to play).

drear
02-12-2011, 08:28
or you could ignore 3of6 and his silly advise.

as said , get the codex, and read through the units , see which appeal to you. theres alot of very cool models in the range, and more to come, so maybe buy 1k points now..thats 2 units of immortals, 1 warrior unit, an arc and a barge , and your set waiting for the new shiny fast attack/elites etc in january

LonelyPath
02-12-2011, 13:08
or you could ignore 3of6 and his silly advise.

as said , get the codex, and read through the units , see which appeal to you. theres alot of very cool models in the range, and more to come, so maybe buy 1k points now..thats 2 units of immortals, 1 warrior unit, an arc and a barge , and your set waiting for the new shiny fast attack/elites etc in january

I think this is a good method for starting your army, it's close to how I plan to start mine.