PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Broadsides!

Rogerio
01-12-2011, 22:52
Is it worth getting them?? i actually love the model and think its amazing, with the rumours about tau getting a ton of new stuff in a few months im undecided!

Ive also heard they are a right pain to build and ive had a nightmare with FW models in the past, my CSM army has around 30 FW guys with Zerks and plagues and the arms are always falling off etc a massive pain in the ****!

Is it worth getting them?? im probs gonna get them as i love them but what would everyone else do? wait or just go with what i like.

BrAiNdEaDtEd
02-12-2011, 00:34
They're lovely kits, but as with all fw models they need a bit more tlc and modelling experteis. Do you pin the arms on?

drear
02-12-2011, 07:23
if you clean all the peices and pin them it will be fine (:

laudarkul
02-12-2011, 08:05
A little wash of the pieces using some kitchen soap and warm water, then some pinning or some magnets will be ok to keep the pieces together. f you can find some small diameter magnets you can use them also for the CSM models you have.

Fraf
03-12-2011, 20:29
i actually love the model and think its amazing

This should be enough to answer the question : go for it!
Also, even with the new stuff, boradsides are such an iconic unit from the Tau army that I doubt GW would make them obsolete in the next codex.

Lord Damocles
03-12-2011, 20:47
Also, even with the new stuff, boradsides are such an iconic unit from the Tau army that I doubt GW would make them obsolete in the next codex.
*cough* Necron Destroyers *cough*

:shifty:

Rogerio
04-12-2011, 07:34
Ive never pinned models, is there a guide on how to do it anywhere??? cos i think glue will just not be enough for a model like this.

stereynolds
04-12-2011, 07:56

But they're not obsolete...They are strength 5 AP 3. Handy aginst all those marine armies...

Kakapo42
04-12-2011, 08:43
But they're not obsolete...They are strength 5 AP 3. Handy aginst all those marine armies...

Indeed. A better example would have been the Carnifex.

I don't have much experience with Forge World models, but I don't see any reason why FW Broadsides would be any less risky than normal.

Although I rather like the GW Broadsides more myself.

Fraf
07-12-2011, 21:37
Ive never pinned models, is there a guide on how to do it anywhere??? cos i think glue will just not be enough for a model like this.
Superglue does the trick for mixed plastic/metal kits such as GW broadsides.
The only thing you may want to pin are the ankles, but that's more about strengthening a frail and weak plastic part than trying to keep two pieces together.

fearthepenguin
07-12-2011, 21:39
I prefer the railguns on the arms aswell

Col. Dash
08-12-2011, 01:00
I had no problem putting mine together. I have two and they are well worth getting. You will wish you had a third hand when putting them together. I didnt even pin mine, zapagap works just fine and seems to bond the resin.

ehlijen
08-12-2011, 03:01
I prefer the railguns on the arms aswell

While that look is certainly more dynamic and looks better balanced, there is something to be said for mounting the LOS requiring gun as high on the chassis as possible to allow for maxium hull down while firing. That said, I agree with your aesthetic opinion in this.

Col. Dash
08-12-2011, 12:56
It is an infantry model and as such LOS is based on the model not the weapon. Models are representations of the character and are not static thus they can be assumed to be able to look out of windows and shoot straight down out of them or hold their weapons in different ways.

Corvus Corone
08-12-2011, 13:09

*Cough* Carnifexes *ahemhem*