PDA

View Full Version : vampire heavy 1000 pt list idea

zielonkak
02-12-2011, 23:05
Hey im trying out a new 1000 point VC list which is charcter heavy and magic heavy...the idea is to raise lots of units to annoy the enemy and use my hammers for flanks...let me know what you think

Vamp Lord, Dark Acolyte, Black Pariapt 250
Vampire, flayed haubrek, infinite hatred, hellsteed 170
Necro, extra spell 70

19 skelletons, FC, banner of dead legion 197
10 ghouls 80

4 blood knights, musican 230

997/1000

lord in skelletons, necro with ghouls, vamp flighs around and hits warmachines and flanks...or uses magic... blood knights destroy small units or team with new raised units to take on big ones....this is more of a fun list
C&C welcome

Lebowski
02-12-2011, 23:59
haha. BKs in 1k? I am a fan. Vamp lord at 1k? not too happy about that. For a caster lord you are paying an extra 135 points for just 2 lvls of casting (and spells)! I think you should just tone it down and get a good vamp character in there as a lord.

aside from that, it looks like fun!

zielonkak
03-12-2011, 02:07
Well I'm paying for the leadership too. Plus I have 6 levels of magic and lots of raising potential. That's why I'm not worried about the size of my army. My original goal was to drop me to and knights to add vampire thrall bsb and vargulf. But I kind of like the set up this way better.

zielonkak
03-12-2011, 02:54
sorry the knights and the necro...
i could also drop the knights to add a coach or some wraiths and some dogs ...

Lebowski
03-12-2011, 09:42
the leadership? 6 lvls of magic?

1. we play undead. ld has little to do with us. are we defending from death magic's signature spell or other VC players?

2. 6 lvls? this is 8th. that doesn't add dice.... not sure that this is a benefit.

MasterSparks
03-12-2011, 10:14
I'd swap the periapt out for a summoning power on your lord. Right now, the only thing you can raise a lot of is zombies, which is probably not what you had in mind. I don't think you need to focus that much on pure magic levels, as others have said. Spend those points on getting some more magic trinkets into your list instead, 'is what I'd do.

zielonkak
03-12-2011, 19:34
Ok I'll prob add summoning ghouls and drop necro entirely. That opens up points for some wolves or some bats.

zielonkak
06-12-2011, 23:10
Tried out this list for fun and it dominated. I kept the list just because and i played against heavy shooting and magic of dark elves. I was amazed to see how well it did.

HalfBlood
07-12-2011, 01:28
If your opponent knows what hes doing this list will fall apart, I know for a fact that my daemon list will have no problem wiping the floor with this list.

The blood knights are way to expensive for the point cost, no to mention how vulranable your leaders are. I suspect your going to have the vampire go with the blood knights? What happens when your opponent drops a cannon shot/bolt thrower shot at the blood knight unit? Your Vampire cant take the look out sir, and will die. Then its just a matter of time before the blood knight unit is widdled down.

I suggest removing the knights for something more proactive

Lebowski
07-12-2011, 01:45
Good deal man. I am surprised that you were able to hold up against a shooting DE army.
At low point levels a well set up DE shooting army can be pretty good.

zielonkak
07-12-2011, 02:10
firstly, the vampire was not with the knights...he went solo....and i know that sounds crazy. the knights killed the hydra, which was pretty much the only thing that was a threat in combat. he took cross bow men and some corsairs and the hydra....with a mage and some flyers to machine hunt... the knights destroyed the hydra, while my flyer vampire went on to hit the xbow units and cause mayhem...my lord with the skellies held the center while raising tons of zombies...i was really surpised that his magic wasnt as par as i thought it would be, but his shooting really was affective. For a fun list,it did alright, but i most likely wouldnt use this set up again

Lebowski
07-12-2011, 06:00
Good deal man. I am surprised that you were able to hold up against a shooting DE army.
At low point levels a well set up DE shooting army can be pretty good.

Yea. I think most armies would not have a huge problem with this list.