PDA

View Full Version : Desperate times: A diferent kind of marine RPG recruitment/ooc

Tanith Ghost
19-04-2006, 04:27
With Slazton gone, I'm trying my hand at GMing again.

In this RPG, the marines in question are cut off behind enemy lines.
The enemy is everyhwere, and night is falling for the next few weeks.

Low on ammo, exhausted, and with armor is various states of disrepair and damage, the marines take stock of the situation, and attempt to decide the best course of action.

Scouts and power armor marines(assault, devastator, tactical) only for this one. Full marines will only have a 4+ save to show the damage to the armor. Marines can also doff their armor and have a 5+ save from their carapace. Those who opt for this will get a bonus to cover saves.

I will be RPing as a captain, and guiding events. However, I will never severely injure or kill off your character without your consent.
Minor wounds and scars are encouraged though, as is the marines considering their desperate situation with some degree of aprehension.

Wargear is as codex, with the following exceptions- assault marines don't get jump-packs, devastator heavy weapons are a 0-2 first come first served, and tactical special weapon is 0-2, again first come first served.

The ground rules-no killing of other people's characters. No severe injury or controling of other people's characters, and no godmodding.
I will be fighting as a formidable but mortal warrior, and I expect you to do so as well.

Finaly, those reading this thread should only post if they intend to join.
DO NOT post simply to put down the concept or bash the rpg.

Captain Trajan Romulus
Blood Praetorians chapter
S4 T4 BS5 WS5 W2 I5 A3 ld9 sv5+

Power sword(burned out, counts as ccw), bolt pistol(five clips left),
Red ceremonial cape(no effect but to distinguish him as captain of the 3rd company) and Iron halo(low on power, give a 5+ save).

Leading his comapny of men into battle in the white hot heart of a crusade, Captain Romulus was lost behind enemy lines when the dark eldar cut him off.

His armor was damaged beyond repair in the fighting, and taken from him when he was captured. He escaped by use of his betcher's gland, chewing up the lock on his cage and sprinting into the hinterlands. The crater he took shelter in had a group of marines from other chapters. The weeks long night was about to begin, and make it all but impossible to reach friendly lines
before mandrakes infest the darkened landscape.

biggreengribbly
19-04-2006, 15:13
Sign me up, sounds like a great idea:

Scout sergeant Bardock.

Standard profile.
Equipment: Empty silenced pistol, damaged combat knife.

Kept back from his squad by injuries, Bardock was forced to stay in the apothecarium while his squad was sent into the combat zone. Returning to the combat zone to rendezvous with his squad only to find them recently ambushed and butchered, the grotesques that had comitted the act still capering among the remains of his squad.

Overcome with rage at the butchering of his brothers in arms, Bardock emptied his bolt pistol into the closest foe, and tore the rest apart with his bare hands.

He now finds himself in a crater with Captain Romulous and a variety of other marines, his armour battered, his weapons practically worthless, the right side of his face scattered with scars.

zealousheretic
19-04-2006, 21:54
I'm new to message board roleplaying, hope you all are willing to bear with me.

If so, here's the concept:

Brother Rhaegar, Red Drakes 4th Company

Standard stat-line.
Gear: Meltagun (3 shots left in-weapon, enough ammo for a full reload), combat knife.

In the thick of the action along with his battle brothers, Rhaegar's squad spearheaded the advance; when the Dark Eldar launched their counterattack, they found themselves cut off entirely. They put their backs together and resolved to die fighting.

A poisoned dart pierced Rhaegar's armor, and the toxin caused him to black out. He recovered, hours later, to find the rest of his squad dead around him. A hoarse whisper in High Gothic beckoned him over to the crater, joining Sergeant Bardock, Captain Romulus, and the others.

Lord_Draken
19-04-2006, 22:37
im also new to this and hope i do the right thing = ).

Marine Sergeant Draken
Weapons: Plasma rifle (4 shots left), plasma pistol (5 shots) and a combat knife (broken Blade)

Marine Sergeant Gralamurus
weapons: Lightning claw (mostly out of power) and Bolt Pistol (no shots counts as ccw)

Surrounded but encouraged Draken shot 4 Dark Eldar and charging with his squad and Gralamurus's squad into hand to hand. Draken stabbed his knife into one's chest armour when ripping the knife out the blade broke but killing the victim. then using the rest of his plasma pistol shots but 1. He decided to fall back to a safer position for him to defend.

Leading their 4 Marine squad of Salamanders, Draken and Gralamurus led there men up to a crater holding for as long as he could. Captain Trajan Romulus, Scout Sergeant Bardock and Brother Rhaegar with other marines were defending there already.

biggreengribbly
19-04-2006, 23:42
To you guys who are new at this, don't worry about it. Last month, I was completely new to the idea. I made one or two mistakes. Learnt from them, and now I have the FEVER. I am an rping madman lol. I can't get enough of this stuff.

Zealousheretic looks like he has the right idea to me.

Tanith will tell you if there are any problems (he being in charge an' all)

But I think you need to take another look at yours Lord_draken. 2 plasma weapons? I know they are low on ammo, but how does any marine end up with a plasma rifle AND a pistol? Y'know, if you can justify it in his background, all well and good, but as a rule, if any of my characters have an unusual or exotic weapons combination I try to give a little text justifying it!

Don't take me to seriously on this. I'm not trying to take charge or anything, just a few observations

Lord_Draken
20-04-2006, 00:00
The history on how he got the weapons:

Draken's company and Gralamarus's company were in a fight together against several Dark Eldar. Draken had fought with Gralamarus and his company for years on end becoming good friends.

"out of ammo"yelled Draken. Draken looked around finding a plasma pistol and grabbing it. holding it in his left hand. Gralamarus grabbed a plasma rifle from a dead marines hands and threw it to Draken "use this, full ammo too". Draken put the plasma pistol away for now. He held it just in time to belt a Dark eldar with the back of it breaking its neck. Another Dark elder hit him back with his rifle knocking him back to the ground. He dropped his plasma rifle and grabbed his knife thrusting it into the dark eldars skull instantly killing him. Gralamarus's company got cut of by the number of dark eldar left.

Tanith Ghost
20-04-2006, 03:18
The only thing I fell compelled to make ruling on here is for Draken to declare his primary character. The other will be an NPC controlled by you, draken. This NPC can be killed off or used s I see fit, but you will be allowed to determine if they ultimately die or not.

For those who wish an NPC, the same limitations that apply to main characters hold ture here. Anyone taking an NPC in light of this can edit to include one.

ONE NPC per person. No more than that.
Other than this needing to be made clear, all characters so far are approved.

Lord_Draken
20-04-2006, 05:01
Draken will be my main character

but i wanted gralamarus because they are like brothers and they could fight together thats all i wanted

if its ok with you could i keep them both cause they are a team

please

Grand Warlord
20-04-2006, 17:13
Liren, Scout 3rd Squad

Stats as Normal

Equipment:
Bolt Pistol with 5 or 6 shots left, and a badly damaged combat knife.

Background:
Having been sent on a standard mission he and his squad mates were caught unawares and he was the only one to make it back and still be able to fight ... so now he fights alongside the captain.

Xavier
20-04-2006, 19:01
Can I have a tactial squad, their all like brothers too, battle brothers no less, Can I control them all aswell?

biggreengribbly
20-04-2006, 19:04
For those who wish an NPC, the same limitations that apply to main characters hold ture here. Anyone taking an NPC in light of this can edit to include one.

ONE NPC per person. No more than that.

erm... I think that's a no

Xavier
20-04-2006, 19:48
Aw please my tactial squad is like a team their brothers :(

Just to add if Lord_drakan was serious about his 2 marines being brothers and from the same "team" then why on earth are they both seargents?

In all seriousness ill think of a character in a bit. Space wolf with a fenrisian wolf npc :)

biggreengribbly
20-04-2006, 19:52
Not my call, but Tanith seemed pretty clear on the subject.

Xavier
20-04-2006, 19:56
Im not being serious about the whole tactical squad thing.. do I have to start using the :p smiley?

Xavier
20-04-2006, 19:58
Name: Kjell
Age: 10,082 Imperial Calander Though in actual years he is only 143
Height: 7' 3"/7' 7"
Chapter: Space Wolves, 13th Great Company
Armed with: Bolter (MkIV Sickle Mag) with 4 magazines (80 bolt rounds), Chainsword, 3 Frag Gernades and 2 Krak Gernades.
Equipment: Wolf Pelt, Wolf Tail Talisman and a Fenrisian Wolf
Skills: Acute senses, Counter charge, No matter the odds, Scout, Move through cover.

Appearance: Pre heresy armour, although it is hard to tell, it has been highly adapted with some parts scavenged from fallen brothers and some fallen enemys, the armour for the most part is a Dark Grey in colour although some of the more elaborate parts show a deep blue and gold colour underneath. The majority is still what the original armour was though, the right lower leg and right forearm and Right shoulder guard have been scavenged to replace unsalvagable parts. Left Shoulder guard is black with a red wolf howling before a white cresent moon, Right Shoulder guard is a highly decorated pad with a golden rim and a wolfs paw depicted on it in red. The breat plate has a runing wolf depicted on it in gold. The back pack is what really stands apart, instead of the conventional vents there is instead two wolf heads. There are numerous wolf pelts about him, a very dark pelt is draped across his back, with a small part on his right shoulder guard. While he does carry a helmet, a very ornate helmet with what looks like a wolf tail coming out of the top, though he hardly ever wears it he does carry it on his belt.

Kjell is pale, the horrors of the eye of terror have had an effect on him, his eyes seem far darker and more troubled than many will have seen before. His voice is deep and speaks with the wisdom of the oldest Long Fangs. While he carries the curse of the wulfen it is not nearly as manifest as it is for others of his company, infact the only signs of the curse is the extra fur about his face, and the ferocity with which he fights in combat.

(Im taking some poetic license here, since the 13th company have returned to the imperium and rejoined with the space wolves it is natural to assume they may have adopted the Space Wolves new colours, though in my opinion I dont think they would, since in their minds they are the way the primarch intended them to be. Marines are also very loyal to the spirit of their armour, so though modified they would replace the main parts of it.)

Background: At the time when the 13th company were sent after the Thousand Sons the Space Wolves were far more feral than they are at present, the 13th Great Company especially, the wulfen brothers all had an affinity with the natural creatures on fenris and many of the Wolf Brothers underwent the Lone Hunt and had packs of wolves that often accompnied them to battle. This is where the Wolf Pelt he wears is from, the Wolf that accompanys him is one of the last decendants of the pack that he had when they entered the eye of terror. Geki, his fenrisian wolf is a dark grey in colour, though the eye of terror had some bad effects on many of the other wolves Geki seems to have gotten off better than most.

While in the eye of terror it was natural that some of their weapons would start to malfunction and become damaged as their armour has. It was this that led Kjell to aquire this bolter, after one encounter with the forces of the cyclops he scavenged a bolter from one of the treachorus foe, though since returning to the Imperium they have been met with suspicion for using the weapons of the enemy against them the Inquisition has remained powerless to object, for as soon as they returned the Space Wolves welcomed them back and try and as much as the Inquisition may like they know better than to press the matter. Thus it is that he still carries the weapon of the enemy, though of course he doesnt view it as such, this weapon has served him for over 3,000 years, far longer than any of the current imperial weapons could hope too, it is after all a remnant from the time of the Heresy when Russ himself still walked.

In the 10,000 years that have passed since Russ first sent the 13th Great Company after the Thousand Sons, the company has undergone numerous changes, most notably is the companys break down into smaller warbands, this was decided as the most efficent means to continue their mission, though after time it seemed that this was going to be near impossible. It was at this time that the 13th Crusade attack the Cadian gate, seeing this the Wolf Lord of Kjell's Warband along with numerous other warbands set off in pursuit.

Though in experience and years Kjell as with most of the other memebers of the warbands he could easily have made the rank of Wolf Guard and joined his Lords Retinue, this was not possible, instead he commands a pack of Grey Slayers.

(Poetic Liscence, im not sure what exactly happened when they returned to the imperium, infact noone is and wont be until the Space Wolf Codex is redone.)

biggreengribbly
20-04-2006, 19:59
I was suspecting it sounded a little munchkiny, but that's my way of handling situations like this. Sturbbornly pushing on, laughing at you on the inside of course, until you crack and admit you were being silly.

And it works!

Xavier
20-04-2006, 20:00
Yea I try this all the time while trying to keep a straight face :(

biggreengribbly
20-04-2006, 20:06
Lol, nothing personal but you need a hobby dude!

Xavier
20-04-2006, 20:15
I have one, it involves little plastic soldiers.. :p

biggreengribbly
20-04-2006, 20:18
Owch, that's a burn. Well played mate. Well played!

I'm gonna stop clogging this thread up now! I've already been told off for doing that on the medusa V guard thread!

Xavier
20-04-2006, 20:24
Tanith is going to be angry :(

Tanith Ghost
21-04-2006, 03:41
Name: Kjell
Age: 10,082 Imperial Calander Though in actual years he is only 143
Height: 7' 3"/7' 7"
Chapter: Space Wolves, 13th Great Company
Armed with: Bolter (MkII Straight Mag), Chainsword, Frag and Krak Gernades
Equipment: Wolf Pelt, Wolf Tail Talisman and a Fenrisian Wolf
Skills: Acute senses, Counter charge, No matter the odds, Scout, Move through cover.

Appearance: Pre heresy armour, although it is hard to tell, it has been highly adapted with some parts scavenged from fallen brothers and some fallen enemys, the armour for the most part is a Dark Grey in colour although some of the more elaborate parts show a deep blue and gold colour underneath. The majority is still what the original armour was though, the right lower leg and right forearm and Right shoulder guard have been scavenged to replace unsalvagable parts. Left Shoulder guard is black with a red wolf howling before a white cresent moon, Right Shoulder guard is a highly decorated pad with a golden rim and a wolfs paw depicted on it in red. The breat plate has a runing wolf depicted on it in gold. The back pack is what really stands apart, instead of the conventional vents there is instead two wolf heads. There are numerous wolf pelts about him, a very dark pelt is draped across his back, with a small part on his right shoulder guard. While he does carry a helmet, a very ornate helmet with what looks like a wolf tail coming out of the top, though he hardly ever wears it he does carry it on his belt.

Kjell is pale, the horrors of the eye of terror have had an effect on him, his eyes seem far darker and more troubled than many will have seen before. His voice is deep and speaks with the wisdom of the oldest Long Fangs. While he carries the curse of the wulfen it is not nearly as manifest as it is for others of his company, infact the only signs of the curse is the extra fur about his face, and the ferocity with which he fights in combat.

(Im taking some poetic license here, since the 13th company have returned to the imperium and rejoined with the space wolves it is natural to assume they may have adopted the Space Wolves new colours, though in my opinion I dont think they would, since in their minds they are the way the primarch intended them to be. Marines are also very loyal to the spirit of their armour, so though modified they would replace the main parts of it.)

Background: At the time when the 13th company were sent after the Thousand Sons the Space Wolves were far more feral than they are at present, the 13th Great Company especially, the wulfen brothers all had an affinity with the natural creatures on fenris and many of the Wolf Brothers underwent the Lone Hunt and had packs of wolves that often accompnied them to battle. This is where the Wolf Pelt he wears is from, the Wolf that accompanys him is one of the last decendants of the pack that he had when they entered the eye of terror. Geki, his fenrisian wolf is a dark grey in colour, though the eye of terror had some bad effects on many of the other wolves Geki seems to have gotten off better than most.

While in the eye of terror it was natural that some of their weapons would start to malfunction and become damaged as their armour has. It was this that led Kjell to aquire this bolter, after one encounter with the forces of the cyclops he scavenged a bolter from one of the treachorus foe, though since returning to the Imperium they have been met with suspicion for using the weapons of the enemy against them the Inquisition has remained powerless to object, for as soon as they returned the Space Wolves welcomed them back and try and as much as the Inquisition may like they know better than to press the matter. Thus it is that he still carries the weapon of the enemy, though of course he doesnt view it as such, this weapon has served him for over 3,000 years, far longer than any of the current imperial weapons could hope too, it is after all a remnant from the time of the Heresy when Russ himself still walked.

In the 10,000 years that have passed since Russ first sent the 13th Great Company after the Thousand Sons, the company has undergone numerous changes, most notably is the companys break down into smaller warbands, this was decided as the most efficent means to continue their mission, though after time it seemed that this was going to be near impossible. It was at this time that the 13th Crusade attack the Cadian gate, seeing this the Wolf Lord of Kjell's Warband along with numerous other warbands set off in pursuit.

Though in experience and years Kjell as with most of the other memebers of the warbands he could easily have made the rank of Wolf Guard and joined his Lords Retinue, this was not possible, instead he commands a pack of Grey Slayers.

(Poetic Liscence, im not sure what exactly happened when they returned to the imperium, infact noone is and wont be until the Space Wolf Codex is redone.)

Approved. Very characterful.:)

nikolai7
21-04-2006, 09:45
Name: Gabriel
Height: 7'8
Chapter: Dark Angels
Weapons: Mk IV Bolter (sickle) with no ammunition, Great Sword, Combat Knife, Krak Grenade
Equipment: Terminator Honours, Blades of Reason (I know I'm not a chaplain I just thought it would be cool feel free to say no though)
Skills: Stubborn, Intractable, Furious Charge

Appearence: Gabriel has short grey hair on the back and sides and its slightly longer on top. The grey hair however does not signify age it is just common on his world of origin. He has piercing blue eyes and a handsome face. He has a scar running accross from his left ear to an inch from his lips and one accross the side of his neck where an ork nearly took his head off (Praise the Emperor for power armour). His height and build which are above average even for a marine, combined with the scars on his face and the fact he rarely speaks to outsiders make him quite intimidating. His Armour is Dark Green and parts are covered in scripture, some of it religous some of it the names or battles and fallen brothers. His chest plate bears his chapter symbol of the winged sword and his right shoulder pad has the Broken sword Icon which marks him out as Deathwing. He wears the bone robes common amoung members of the Deathwing as he can't paint his armour. The robes are currently torn and slashed in several places and his armour chipped and scratched but this only seems to make him look more heroic.

Background: Gabriel refuses to tell anyone why he and his squad were sent to the planet responding that only the chapter master may permit him to speak of his mission. He is very quiet around outsiders as they cannot be trusted with his chapter's business. He and his squad were ambushed by a force much larger than thier own. They fought for 4 hours non stop. they fired until their bolters ran dry and then fought hand to hand. Gabriel slew their leader and the enemy withdrew leaving only him capable of fighting. He granted the Emperor's mercy to two brothers their wounds to great and to many for even their enhanced bodies to heal.

Spangley Special
21-04-2006, 10:32
name: Velts
Height: 6'6"
Chapter: Black Templar
Weapons: Arbite Shotgun, 8 roundtubular feed with four reloads, combat knife, frag grenades.
Skills: exellent with a shotgun.

Apperance: while quite small by marine standards, he wears the black carapace armour of his chapter, has medium length dark hair and a defined face. he has strange light blueish grey eyes, which are a family trait. his boots, armour and equipment are all beaten up and worn.

Backround: Velts' squad was in battle when they were attacked by a lord and his incubi, the squad fought valiantly and with zeal but were fighting a losing battle. When the iniate that Velts was paired with was killed, he freaked out and flead, Velts now searches for that lord in order that he may resore his honour by either slaying him or by joining his battle brothers.

Xavier
21-04-2006, 15:06
Quit copying my layout you 2 :(

and yay a dark angel.. hehe

biggreengribbly
21-04-2006, 15:48
Btw, how does a Space marine scout get access to an arbites shotgun?

Xavier
21-04-2006, 16:33
It wont be an arbites shotgun, it would be the marine equivelant since they can be armed with them.

I assume he means a pump action shotgun or whatever

Laudren
22-04-2006, 07:27
Hey, I figured now that I have a comp again I would see if I could jump in on a thread..... got any room for another?

Tanith Ghost
22-04-2006, 08:17
Yup, we do. We'll be starting this one on Tuesday.

Laudren
22-04-2006, 09:44
Name: Brother Sethos Drake
Chapter: Divine Dragons chapter
Weapons: Broadsword and dagger, Bolt pistol w/ 4 shots, 1 frag grenade
Armor: badly damaged power armor
Skills: Furious charge, counter attack, Fearless, acute senses

Background: The last thing Sethos can remember was charging into the dark eldar forces with his fellow knights at his side. He fought with the fury of all the dragon knights but was overcome the numbers he faced. when he came to his helm was shattered and most of his squad was dead around him. He gathered his weapons he headed for the first area of cover he could find.

Appearance: Sethos has short brown hair and Ice blue eyes that almost look reptialian and almost seem to glow. His dark gold and blue armor is battered and beaten and will not take much more abuse before he will have to leave it behind. His face is riddled with several cuts and scrapes.

Spangley Special
22-04-2006, 11:47
When i say arbites shoptgun i mean, arbites pattern shotgun, you know the big chunky boxy pump actions, like the scout models have, and he's a neophyte not a scout, ie he is S3 T3

TheSonOfAbbadon
22-04-2006, 14:59
Got room for one more?

Name: Kaimos
Height: 7'2", 7'5"
Chapter: The Sons Of Pain
Chapter symbol: A Skull
Colour scheme: Black with dark red eyes, feet, and other highlights.
Company: Special Operations 11th Company [highly speciallised chapter structure]
Equipment: Plasma gun [5 shots left], chainsword [running out of fuel], 3 frag grenades, a melta bomb, and bionics [left forearm].

How he got there:

When all is quiet in their homesystem, the Sons of Pain send out some of their marines to keep them battle hardened and so they can get experience fighting all the foes the galaxy has to offer.

Recently things have been quiet in the Garma system, so the Sons of Pain sent out some of the marines in their secret 11th company to help in a massed assault on some Dark Eldar.

Kaimos and a squad of 4 other men, all in power armour, were tasked with sabotaging the Dark Eldar tanks. All went well, at first, Kaimos and his men were setting up their melta bombs when, out of nowhere, Dark Eldar warriors appeared and opened fire upon the marines. Kaimos took cover behind a Dark Eldar tank with another marine. The marine leapt out from behind the tank and ran at the enemy with his boltgun blazing.

He didn't even get ten feet before he was cut down. With his last ounce of strength he attached his melta bomb to the tank and set it to go off in five seconds. Kaimos ran, what else could he do but run from the Dark Eldar and a tank that was about to blow up?

Kaimos got a good twenty metres before the tank exploded, sending vast amounts of shrapnel all over the left side of his armour causing deep gashes in all of it, and tearing a hole right through one side of Kaimos's helmet.

He kept running, the Dark Eldar were racing to catch him, so he ran.

He ran for a mile or more though battle torn wilderness before he realised that the Dark Eldar had given up the chase. Where now? He had no idea where he was, appart from the fact that he was out in the open in an area crawling with Dark Eldar. He saw a huge crater, he would lie low there, and then decide what to do. He leapt into the huge hole, and found a variety of other marines inside.

By the way if Kaimos ever says 'Graek', then that's a swear, Graek was a corrupt Space Marine Captain of the Second Company and it is now used in the Sons of Pain's homesystem as a terrible insult or swear.

Xavier
22-04-2006, 19:36
Neophytes are scouts.. Marines without the organs etc that make them toughness and strength 4 wouldn't be getting sent out into combat missions.. (So just short of the black carapace and the other organ)

biggreengribbly
22-04-2006, 19:54
Yeah, neophyte is just the black templars name for the scout statline (I.e strength and toughness 4). Because... well I'll assume you know, and I can't be bothered to summarise a chunk of marine fluff!

Xavier
22-04-2006, 20:54
Any marine chapter calls its scouts neophytes, black templars just have it listed because they would not look right if they were called "space marine scout" in the same list entry as a black templar initiate

Tanith Ghost
23-04-2006, 03:51
All three recent offerings approved.

Bear in mind, Spangly, that I expect that shotgun put to the best possible use.;) Nothing says 'purge' like a dark eldar spread out over several yards by a ten guage to the guts at close range. :D

Lord_Draken
24-04-2006, 06:21
Woot wootety wootly woot

lol theres 2 drakes:D in this rpg LOL!!!!:confused: srry

he he he and they'll both kick A$$ like :cheese: :wtf: srry again

Spangley Special
24-04-2006, 12:38
ok my bad about the whole neophyte thing, so hes a scout then it'll only make a small difference to his charater dynamic (as in he'll still look up to all the "full feldged" marines, with respect and a lttle awe)

Laudren
25-04-2006, 01:25
So when is this show goin to be on the road so to speek :)

Xavier
25-04-2006, 01:32
Tanith said tuesday.

Lord_Draken
25-04-2006, 08:16
its 5 at night for me on tuesday so for me he means wednesday unless he posts it later

New Cult King
26-04-2006, 05:26
Name: Kultus
Height: 7'1, but very broad
Chapter: Hellhounds
Chapter symbol: Dog's skull on a flaming background
Colour scheme: Black with red faceplate, kneedpads, shoulderpad trim, elbow pads, bone coloured chest Eagle
Company: 2nd Co., assigned to Scout Company as pack leader
Equipment: Lightning Claws (no power, counts as 2 CC weapons). All other weapons and ammo depleted.
Appearance: Stripped off damaged armour and is wearing carapace and black/red camo scout pants. Still wearing red respirator. Shaved bald head covered in scars, bionic left eye. Very strongly built even for a Marine, Kultus is quietly spoken and very stealthy.

Kultus accepted a special assignment to the 10th Co. Hellhound Scouts as Pack Leader in order to investigate the Xenos infestation at the behest of his Chapter Master and Inquisitor Malkus of the Ordo Xenos. Being the most experienced member of the Pack, he is the only known survivor of the 3 Scout squads initially assigned to the investigation.

Xavier
26-04-2006, 10:04
Isn't that a bit tall for a marine? :p

Is that in armour or out of armour?! ;)
*runs*

Noserenda
26-04-2006, 18:20
Room for one more?

Name: Veteran Brother Sonnig
Chapter: Blazing Suns (4th Company)
Kit: Heavy Bolter (Mag Damaged and Stuck in place, Ammo Unknown) Bolt Pistol (Full Clip) Combat Knife, Photon Flare. Bent and Burnt Mk6 Power Armour.

When the Blazing Suns came to fight the Eldar they came from the skies on streams of fire, hitting home hard in the heart of the enemy army their drop pods sustained losses from desperate ground to air fire, and Sonnigs Squad was among those crippled by a Dark lance blast. Tearning himself clear of the wreakage an unknown time later he found himself surrounded by the corpses of both Marine and Eldar. Recovering a Servicable (If Damaged) Heavy Bolter from the dead to replace his Plasma Cannon lost in the crash, he moved off to find some other survivors.

His Brothers were dead, and he would be too if he didnt move.

New Cult King
27-04-2006, 02:38
Well I'm almost a foot shorter than TG ;)

Xavier
27-04-2006, 11:30
Ah but thats in armour, you must mean out of armour, in which case your a midget marine!

For anyone who doesn't know if taking the **** out of the argument from the last space marine rpg..

New Cult King
27-04-2006, 11:42
So I gathered ;)

My guy isn't in armour at the moment, but I'm kinda going for a Wolverine-ish thang, so being short fits the profile!

TheSonOfAbbadon
27-04-2006, 12:50
But 7' 1" is normal height for a marine...

biggreengribbly
27-04-2006, 12:59
So he's not a normal marine. Why are we making a big deal out of his height? What difference will it make?

Xavier
27-04-2006, 13:54
Like I said I was taking the **** out of an old thread that newcultking and myself were in.

Stop taking everything I say so seriously biggreengribbly, you will find post of what I say is in jest.

New Cult King
27-04-2006, 15:03
Consider Xavier's posts to have a permanent ":p" disclaimer.

biggreengribbly
27-04-2006, 15:20
No post of mine is particularly serious either!

Xavier
27-04-2006, 20:24
Consider Xavier's posts to have a permanent ":p" disclaimer.

Sigged. :p

Im doing somthing slightly different more me joining up with the group, which seems more fitting for my characters background than "he ran out of ammo" or "his armour broke" since in the eye of terror one learns how to conserve ammo and cetainly how to maintain his armour. In light of this im editing my original post with ammo limitations etc as many others have done.

However if this isn't ok just send me a pm tanith.

Xavier
28-04-2006, 12:08
Tanith I didn't intend my character to be with the group just yet, as my stalking through the undergrowth watching you would indicate. Unless you actually want me to join up right at this second ill bide my time.

Tanith Ghost
28-04-2006, 20:10
No problem. I edited so the two Dark angels are on flanking duty.
Consider yourself free to bide time. There'll be a good chance to introduce yourself when the battle starts.

Xavier
28-04-2006, 20:16
Yea thats what I was planning.

zealousheretic
02-05-2006, 05:24
Re: my most recent post in the thread

My logic was that the majority of the squad was charging and Rhaegar went in with them; he took a shot at the Incubi because he was ordered to do so.

I apologize if I wasn't clear, I'm not used to something this freeform.

edit: edited my post, the Incubi is hereby pronounced un-dead. I'm finding it kinda hard to keep track of what's going on.

New Cult King
02-05-2006, 06:39
Roleplaying like this can take some getting used to. If in doubt, try and follow the lead of the other posters. If *really* in doubt, post here. Nobody is going to give you too much grief. Don't mind Xavier, he's just a snarky old woman :p

Generally, in the (admittedly few) games I've played here on Warseer, I take stock of the situation, affect it a little bit (hence I've only killed one Dark Eldar so far), and let everybody tell the story together. No sweat though man, you're doing well so far :D

Xavier
02-05-2006, 10:23
Don't mind Xavier, he's just a snarky old woman

You have angered me, I challenge you to hand bags at dawn!

Dont worry too much about it zealousheretic, that post was mainly directed at Draken.

New Cult King
02-05-2006, 10:43
Hah! I have an imitation Louis Vitton bag my grandson brought me back from Bangkok. Your **** is mine.

On topic, I'm having fun with this RPG :D

Xavier
02-05-2006, 10:47
Well, mine has a brick in it. I win.

nikolai7
02-05-2006, 13:08
Who is the second Dark Angel? i read the entire ooc thread and its not there.. and xavier sorry i didnt notice your post on the fact you were trainling us and not actually with the group i will edit.. and i didnt claim to know you.. he recognised the fact that you were a spacewolf of the thirteenth great company.. he isnt some rookie marine he is a member of the deathwing he does know about certain things the average marine isnt entitled to know

New Cult King
02-05-2006, 14:02
Spangley - feel free to run about and do your own thing. You don't have to follow me around in combat if you have a plan, or a cool idea to execute :) I don't mind at all, I just don't want you to feel like your freedom is restricted on my account.

biggreengribbly
02-05-2006, 19:11
Are any of us actually going to engage with the incubi, because we've just butchered his entire squad, are moving off towards others, and he's just stood there!

Tanith Ghost
02-05-2006, 21:43
The incubi is dead. I detailed zealous heretic to take him out and eveyone else to avoid him. THe big bad guy here now is a haemonculus

Xavier
02-05-2006, 22:54
Who is the second Dark Angel? i read the entire ooc thread and its not there.. and xavier sorry i didnt notice your post on the fact you were trainling us and not actually with the group i will edit.. and i didnt claim to know you.. he recognised the fact that you were a spacewolf of the thirteenth great company.. he isnt some rookie marine he is a member of the deathwing he does know about certain things the average marine isnt entitled to know

True enough and fair enough, however someone not from the space wolf chapter or from the time of the heresy wouldn't know about the 13th company, let alone the fact they went into the eye.

Also tanith, zealous edited his post to ignore the incubi, so unless he edits again you might want to dispatch it with a gm post or what have you.

Also, tanith what are you intending the crucible of malediction to do? Im not a psyker so technically it will have no effect on me, unless of course you have other ideas, it isn't corporeal, so it wont actually do any damage, nor could I damage it.

zealousheretic
02-05-2006, 23:48
I got the impression that I'd gone overboard, so I rewrote my post. Still trying to get a feel for this, thanks for bearing with me.

Ah, it's more dramatic this way.

biggreengribbly
02-05-2006, 23:59
What's more dramatic? An unarmed scout with dillusions of grandeur squaring off against an Incubus? (singular of Incubi?) It's crazy I know, but let me run with it. I'd like to see how it goes! I haven't quite decided how I'm gonna write it yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what I do myself! I can always delete it later if it sucks after all!

nikolai7
04-05-2006, 10:17
Im not huge on the space wolf fluff (being a dark angel player that would boarder on heresy) but i thought it was pretty common knowledge that russ dissapeared into the eye with a company of wolves? and that the imperium may have noticed their return during the 13th black crusade?

Xavier
04-05-2006, 12:02
As common as the fact half the dark angels turned to chaos and it was infact them who blew up their planet and now keep chasing after the 'fallen' and a bloke named cyphe

Its not exactly common knowledge what has happened to any of the primarchs, aside from guiliman of course. The chapters themselves will know what has happened or supposedly happened to them, but outside that very few will know the whole truth, and certainly, this far down the millenia, noone outside the space wolves will know of what the 13th company have been doing, most of the normal space wolves only know them as the wulfen kind, and that they disappeared during the heresy, if they do know they went to the eye they dont speak of it.

The 'imperium' did notice their return or rather the space wolves did and the Inquisition, to most other imperial on lookers they are just space wolves. Only people who recognise what is not a typical space wolf and people who can sense the warp/chaos/the eye would have known anything was amiss.

I cant even begin to speculate what has become of the 13th company since the eye of terror campaign since there has been no fluff at all since then.

Scarab Swarm
04-05-2006, 12:45
This is a very long shot, but can you take one more RPer?

Xavier
04-05-2006, 13:06
Though im not the GM, I dont see a reason why you cant join, its inevitable we would meet other marines who have had similar fates.

nikolai7
04-05-2006, 13:08
cool.. well now thats all sorted..

biggreengribbly
04-05-2006, 13:08
Yeah, write up a character and see what Tanith says when he shows up!

What's all sorted Nik?

nikolai7
04-05-2006, 13:12
the whole space wolf 13th company fluff.. i didnt read it now xavier has given a brief summary.. i made a mistake earlier on thats all sorted now just need to make sure i dont make anymore.. oh and the scout im talking to is Grand Warlords character

biggreengribbly
04-05-2006, 13:14
Oh right, never mind my dumbness in not noticing that!

Scarab Swarm
05-05-2006, 13:22
Thanks guys. Just gonna have a short profile here...

Name: Raynor
Height: 7'2"
Chapter: Dark Angels 2nd Company "Ravenwing"
Armed with: Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum (as ccw, not power weapon)
Equipment: Purity Seals, Rosarius (decorative, no forcefield)
Skills: Honour of the Chapter (to a small degree)

Appearance: Jet black power armour of the Ravenwing, badly worn down, with much of the tell-tale signs of rank and position blown off from various explosions. Helmet missing. Raynor's face is riddled with battle scars, and darkened from the suns of many planet systems where he fought on. His eyes are a shade of black only matched by his armour.

Background: As part of a small detachment to the Dark Angels strike force, the Ravenwing's 6th squadron was supposed to be a counter to the Eldar's rapid jetbikes. Unfortunately, the Eldar knew of their presence, and utterly destroyed them via much trickery and withering firepower. The Dark Angels strike force soon fell, with their members scattered into pockets of battle brothers. Hasty to begin assaulting the remaining Dark Angel forces, the Eldar did not bothered to check for survivors in the Ravenwing squadron, knowing they're of no use without their bikes anyway. As it turned out, Brother Raynor, the newest Ravenwing member in the squadron, somehow survived, though from one of the many explosions employed to destroy the Imperium's finest bikers, he had lost some of his memory, mostly in identity. Wandering on foot back to the last known position of the Dark Angels, Raynor despaired at the sight of his fallen breatherens. There laid before him was bits of armour from a Chaplain, along with a Crozius and Rosarius. The body of a Chaplain cannot be found on the battle site, however. From his confused mind, he thought the bits of armour were from HIS power armour (since they both wear black), and that HE was a Chaplain himself. Wearing the non-functional Rosarius and carrying the Crozius proudly, Raynor met stragglers from various Chapters of Space Marines. Though they know in their minds it's unlikely Raynor is a true Chaplain, their lust for spiritual guidance at these dark hours made them truly believe his words were that of the Emperor's own, which in turn reinforced Raynor's new Chaplain identity. He spent his last few days searching out more stragglers, giving them the needed spiritual guidance (as best as he could), and uniting them once again under the banner of the Imperium.

TheSonOfAbbadon
05-05-2006, 18:58
I'm going to leave this RP, my heart just isn't in it, so to speak [that means I'm too lazy].

Laudren
06-05-2006, 08:09
sorry guys I have been cut off from the net so if some one wouldnt mind sumin things up for me I would be greatful.

Scarab Swarm
06-05-2006, 11:31
sorry guys I have been cut off from the net so if some one wouldnt mind sumin things up for me I would be greatful.

Yes, it'd really help me too.

biggreengribbly
06-05-2006, 11:44
I think it would be a lot better if you just read the thread, some things will make a little more sense that way.

We ambushed a group of Incubi lead dark eldar.
They died.
Two raiders full of dark eldar arrived.
One was destroyed the other Immobilised.
More dark eldar died.
With the aid of Rhaegar and Sonnig, Bardock killed the Incubi
Xaviers space wolf (damn my memory for names sucks) brought down a haemonculus
The fight is now winding down and we're waiting for Tanith to post the next step.

Xavier
06-05-2006, 19:45
Which was meant to be yesterday.

Xavier
07-05-2006, 15:07
Maybe he meant next friday..

biggreengribbly
07-05-2006, 15:27
But that's just silly. Over a week for people to say

"...erm yeah, all the dark eldar are dead. We have less ammo, a few injuries. Meh"

Xavier
07-05-2006, 16:34
Maybe hes dead :(

biggreengribbly
07-05-2006, 16:41
Hey man, I kill RP threads not GM's!

Has anyone else noticed that? I have yet to join an RP tha gets over 15 pages before it dies!

Scarab Swarm
07-05-2006, 21:14
Should I jump in? My character hadn't been approved yet so I don't know...

biggreengribbly
07-05-2006, 21:33
Erm. If he hasn't posted by tomorrow I'll drop him a PM, see if I can find out what's going on!

Laudren
07-05-2006, 22:22
I know what ya mean about killin rpgs it used to happen to me all the time. Still I had one last for a hella long time. LOL

Scarab Swarm
08-05-2006, 00:42
Come on guys. I know you all want a fake Chaplain! ;)

Noserenda
08-05-2006, 01:30
Might as well join in buddy, gives us something to do whilst we wait for tanith...

Tanith Ghost
08-05-2006, 01:45
Maybe hes dead :(

He's not dead, his life just took priority for a while. I was away in east long island for a bit, boozin it up with friends. We'll be rolling right along.

New Cult King
14-05-2006, 15:47
Sorry I'm a bit absent at the moment. Got a lot on my plaate right now. Consider ol' Kultus rolling with the pack still, but just in the background a little. I'm enjoying this game, it's a novel take on the whole Marine thing.

nikolai7
16-05-2006, 16:42
yeah apologies for my recent absenses.. been moving house and had ex trouble.. as in she stole my email account and stuff.. but getting back to normal now

Xavier
17-05-2006, 01:34
Its been moving rather slow recently, so you aren't missing much

General Samuel of the 101
19-05-2006, 01:25
can i Join?
Battle Brother Sanathar
Motto:Rightiusnness is the only true!
Equipment:MarkV Power Armour,Goodwyn Bolter(Damaged),Mercury Long Sword(a bit used and dirty but as good as new)
2 Cartrigdes of Bolts

biggreengribbly
19-05-2006, 01:42
Hmmm... fresh meat can't be bad to keep this thing going. Whether now would be the moment to slip you in however sounds dubious

Xavier
19-05-2006, 15:56
Tanith is dead again it seems

zealousheretic
05-06-2006, 15:36
For an extended period of time, it would seem.

biggreengribbly
05-06-2006, 15:39
Quick, someone send a necromancer to Taniths house.

Xavier
05-06-2006, 16:24
Lets all take this time to reflect on Tanith :(

Tanith Ghost 1984 - 2006

Scarab Swarm
08-06-2006, 22:03
He's not dead. He just gave up on us :p

Xavier
09-06-2006, 13:35
Damn his ugly face :(

Laudren
10-06-2006, 04:53
no he is dead, I put a bolt round in the back of his skull :p

Xavier
10-06-2006, 13:29
Only one? empty the clip in his lifeless corpse please ;)

biggreengribbly
10-06-2006, 13:43
Then set his face on fire and put it out with a Hatchet :P