PDA

View Full Version : Lychguard

Pedax
04-12-2011, 21:59
So today I sat down and assembled my lychguard unit. After doing 4 of them I noticed that one of the five hyperphaseblades is supposed for the left side of the model while all five shields are for the left side. It really doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Is this right or is my kit faulty? How have you people dealt with it?

Fawful
04-12-2011, 22:02
It's supposed to be upside down for some reason. That's the way I handled it and the way it shows up on the box.

Ace Rimmer
04-12-2011, 22:05
It's a hollywood sword pose for parrying, but if you were to model it stabbing down into something, that would look cool.

Pedax
04-12-2011, 22:20
Thanks for clearing things out, I skimmed through the codex again and noticed what you were saying. Funny thing is that they seem to put the model with the weird sword in the back all the time. :p They might regret the design decision.

It look completely off to me but I guess I'll have to make it work. At least I've got a few arms to try diffrent poses with. Great kit otherwise.

orlando davion
04-12-2011, 23:11
I cut a two handed staff bit in half giving a right hand with the shaft held upwards.

For the weapon at the head of the shaft end I cut a staff of light end down to a smaller blade and used that. The blade is now up the same way as the rest of the unit.

Regarding WYSIWHG there is no issue since if it has a disperal shield there is only one weapon option; hyperphase sword.