PDA

View Full Version : A few questions after first game

Styles
05-12-2011, 12:40
I have not played warhammer in years and only played the new version last week, just a few questions to make sure we were playing it correct.

1. For wizards generating their spells, are they generated when I place my heroes, if so do I generate them then place my wizards or do i place them then generate the spells?

2. My opponent had a unit of 5 Empire knighs plus a Grand Master Lord character, I hit them with 4 shots, can he put a shot on the Grand Master? Or does it only ever hit knights till they are below 5 models?

What would have happened if i did say 10 shots which killed all the normal knights, are any excess wounds lost and the Grand master left on his own?

3. In combat now if you go second and all your front models are killed, you still get to attack with full attacks as the back row moves into their place, plus any of the second row get their 1A as long as you have enough ranks?

4. Warrior Priests dont count as wizards for channeling or bonus to casting/dispelling?

5. If the Empire War Altar casts a light spell and does so with irrisistable force, does the miscast then destroy its ability to cast spells for the rest of the game?

eron12
05-12-2011, 14:38
I don't know the answer to all of these, so I'll just post what I know.

1. No to all of them. You have to pick your lore when you make your army list and you generate spells before anything is deployed.

2b. Yes. He becomes a new unit and may have to take a panic test for the destroyed unit of knights.

3. Yes.

4. No, they do not.

Chaos Undecided
05-12-2011, 14:58
1) Page 28 spells are rolled before they are deployed

2)If there are 5 or more rank and file in the same unit as the character then he'll never be hit by normal ranged shots (i.e not templates) unless the weapons rules specify otherwise so any excess are wasted. Less than five and wounds have to be spread out between all the models evenly see page 99 of the BRB.

5) Per the Empire FAQ the War Altar's spells are innate abilities so an irresistable spell means the Altar simply cannot cast anything else that turn.

belgarath97
06-12-2011, 16:52
I have not played warhammer in years and only played the new version last week, just a few questions to make sure we were playing it correct.

1. For wizards generating their spells, are they generated when I place my heroes, if so do I generate them then place my wizards or do i place them then generate the spells?

Has been answered, and they are correct generate your spells before deployment.

2. My opponent had a unit of 5 Empire knighs plus a Grand Master Lord character, I hit them with 4 shots, can he put a shot on the Grand Master? Or does it only ever hit knights till they are below 5 models?

I believe it has to hit the unit, until he is below 5 Rank and File Models. The Champion counts a rank and file here, but does not for "Look out sir!".

What would have happened if i did say 10 shots which killed all the normal knights, are any excess wounds lost and the Grand master left on his own?

Provided he had 5 Rank and File models, you cannot hit the Grand Marshal.

3. In combat now if you go second and all your front models are killed, you still get to attack with full attacks as the back row moves into their place, plus any of the second row get their 1A as long as you have enough ranks?

Correct.

4. Warrior Priests dont count as wizards for channeling or bonus to casting/dispelling?

Nope, they generate the dispel dice they do, but in no other way effect the dice pool or casting.

5. If the Empire War Altar casts a light spell and does so with irrisistable force, does the miscast then destroy its ability to cast spells for the rest of the game?

Irresistable force on a bound spell from an item has no ill effects beyond not being able to cast further that turn.