PDA

View Full Version : What do you want from 40k in 2012?

Fawful
05-12-2011, 15:55
I'm curious what most warseerites would want to be released in 2012. We 'know' that a new edition is right around the corner. But is there anything in particular that you would like to see next year? Keep it somewhat realistic, so no plastic titans and such or a new codex for something that already had one in 5th (with perhaps the exception of space marines :p).

I'd personally like to see some apocalypse releases in the form of new battleformations (as in big boxes with loads of models) and some new chaos or xenos inspired terrain.

And some plastic Nurgle models (of any kind) would be most welcome.

loveless
05-12-2011, 16:00
Hmm...

Tomb Blades
Canoptek everything
New Destroyer Kit (I rather don't want to deal with the hybrid Heavy Destroyer)
Night/Doomscythe
Illuminor Szeras
Void Raven
Lady Malys
Demiurg
The return of delicious, delicious Apocalypse boxes

Bunnahabhain
05-12-2011, 16:04
The rumours to be wrong, and it be a total re-boot edition.

RandomThoughts
05-12-2011, 16:07
6th edition
Codex Eldar
New Storm Guardians
Jetbike Warlocks

Shandara
05-12-2011, 17:23
An actual Sisters of Battle codex. (I can hope).

Orcboy_Phil
05-12-2011, 17:28
Tau Empire in January and the Necron fliers soon after. That's all really.

DuskRaider
05-12-2011, 17:29
Legions codex. That's all. I don't even care about new models. I just want a codex that I can have fun with.

terradax
05-12-2011, 17:30
- Master of the Forge with Conversion Beamer.
- Plastic Plaguebearers.
- More Apocalypse!!
- More Cities of death buildings (how about construction sites, or hab-blocks?)
- The rest of the missing Imperial Guard tanks.
- Codex Chaos Space Marines.
- Ku'gath the Plaguefather in resin, preferably in plastic...
- Herald Kits for all Daemons factions.
- Imperial Guard Veteran boxed sets (conversion opportunities)
- Plastic Stormtroopers.

Corvus Corone
05-12-2011, 17:38
I want the game to evolve.

I'd like to be more active in the game more of the time. At the moment, it's kind of boring when you say 'your turn' and then it's a matter of making saves and removing models till their assault phase. Go to ground was good, I want more.

I want it to be more about tactics and gamesmanship than making the most of immersion breaking rules (wound allocation shenanigans and hidden fist/ other equipment models always being the last to die really make the game seem absurd to me sometimes). Also, killpoints need to go (just needlessly unfair to armies with cheap and plentiful units vs those with more elite but scarce units).

They got the right idea for 5th ed. I can see they were trying for the right things. The execution just wasn't flawless.

Sildani
05-12-2011, 17:40
The new Edition, the Voidraven bomber, and Lady Malys. I don't expect a Craftworld Codex until 2013.

And even though I don't play them and never will, the lost second Tyranid wave. Poor blighters. ;)

Tayrod
05-12-2011, 17:47

I'd like to be more active in the game more of the time. At the moment, it's kind of boring when you say 'your turn' and then it's a matter of making saves and removing models till their assault phase. Go to ground was good, I want more.

I want it to be more about tactics and gamesmanship than making the most of immersion breaking rules (wound allocation shenanigans and hidden fist/ other equipment models always being the last to die really make the game seem absurd to me sometimes). Also, killpoints need to go (just needlessly unfair to armies with cheap and plentiful units vs those with more elite but scarce units).

They got the right idea for 5th ed. I can see they were trying for the right things. The execution just wasn't flawless.

This, a thousand times over

In the model department:
-Grey Knight Battleforce
-servitors
-henchmen squad
-terrain

TimLeeson
05-12-2011, 17:52
Everything Loveless said.

I'd also like to see something along the lines of those fantasy contingent rumours - with lots of finecast new xenos coming out through white dwarf that can operate on their own or be allied with some of the existing forces.

Konovalev
05-12-2011, 18:03
I'd like to see an influx of non-imperial players. Be it through xenos codices raising to the level of recent imperial ones, or simply a fire sale on all xenos models.

Algovil
05-12-2011, 18:05
Bonesword and Lash whip for tyranids warriors, either from games workshop or forgeworld!

muggins
05-12-2011, 18:11
Bonesword and Lash whip for tyranids warriors, either from games workshop or forgeworld!

And a tyrannofex, and a tervigon. Tyrannofex and tervigon are pretty much the 100% most needed models in the 40k line. Harpies to a limited extent, more if they actually made the model useful.

Infern0
05-12-2011, 18:15
-warbuggies
-skorchas
-plastic meganobz

maybe some sort of a flash git upgrade kit

- DA new dex (well it was kinda my firts warhammer army, I like the fluff and gothic theme in them)

- some new IG plastics

- tyranids(common, they are just ruined after the 5th ed codex, even children don`t want to play them anymore)

oh, and of course 6th ed:D

althathir
05-12-2011, 18:23
Ramp up codex releases 3 a year seems reasonable

nerf to firing points

nerf to counterattack (so people don't complain about wolves anymore)

muggins
05-12-2011, 18:47
- tyranids(common, they are just ruined after the 5th ed codex, even children don`t want to play them anymore)
Man that cuts deep

Promethius
05-12-2011, 18:56
I want the rumoured stormtrooper plastics to be released. Been waiting what seems like an age!

Chem-Dog
05-12-2011, 19:04
I'm looking forward to seeing the Necron bikes (Tomb-Blades?) and the Necron Fliers.
I'm also looking forward to seeing what the Black Templars end up looking like.

If we are talking specifically about the new rule-set, if it comes in '12, I'd just like it to be better. Without going into a massive diatribe about those clunky bits we all dislike I'd just like the rules to be smoother, run more fluidly and be more intuative. Is that unrealistic?

LonelyPath
05-12-2011, 19:17
Nids wave 2.
More Apocalypse.
More Necrons.
More DE
Plastic Plaguebearers.
New DA codex.
Plastic Stormtroopers.
Plastic Hydra.
Xenos terrain.

Hrw-Amen
05-12-2011, 19:21
A proper release for Sisters of Battle, codex and new plastic models!

MajorWesJanson
05-12-2011, 19:21
Tau Empire book with associated models.

Void Raven
Lady Malys

Inquisitor Valeria
Generic Ordo Xenos Inquisitors

IG Hydra
IG Artillery tank
IG Stormtroopers

Ork CoD building (or two)

Plastic Mini-sprue kits for 40K

SM terminator Character plastic
Recut Razorback with Las/Plas, Assault Cannon, and Heavy Flamer options
Recut Dreadnought with TLHF, TLAC, and Multimelta options, with arm fittings to make them left or right handed.
CSM PA character kit

Plastic Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit
Plastic Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord kit
Plastic Hive Gurad/Tyrant Guard

Plastic Mega Armored Nobz
Plastic Buggie/ Wartrakk
Multi-part plastic Deffcoptas
Plastic Warboss/Big Mek

Necron Wave 2 models

6th edition

bork da basher
05-12-2011, 19:24
i just want 6th edition to be good and not the garbage i suspect it will be.

daveNYC
05-12-2011, 19:48
In the model department:
-Grey Knight Battleforce

What'd that be, twelve models for one hundred bucks?

I kid because I love.

Give me a Chaos Legions book that would let me run the Thousand Sons with all sorcerers in every slot (well, there'd be Rubrics too). So that'd be sorcerer lords, termis, sargent types for the Rubrics, and dreads. Then there'd be Rubric variants for the termis and dreads and of course the regular Rubric troops. I want to be making rolls for psyker powers in the deployment, movement, assault, shooting, and any other phases that the game has.

ashc
05-12-2011, 19:53
for the love of the Corpse-Emperor a new Chaos codex.

v0iddrgn
05-12-2011, 19:57
Hmm...

Tomb Blades
Canoptek everything
New Destroyer Kit (I rather don't want to deal with the hybrid Heavy Destroyer)
Night/Doomscythe
Illuminor Szeras
Void Raven
Lady Malys
Demiurg
The return of delicious, delicious Apocalypse boxes

I second that! Also the Triarch Stalker kit.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
05-12-2011, 20:21
Hmm. What to pick.

Definitely more apocalypse,

Inquisitor henchmen in power armour. Who cares if they'd be finecast.

Forty Kay contingents. More aliens and other tiny human empires perhaps. It's a big galaxy.

More awesome terrain. Scatter terrain in plastic would be good. Something ales as amazing as the Fortress of Redemption.

Chaos legions to be as awesome as I imagine it could be.

Something exciting. Doesn't matter what really.

Fulgrim's Gimp
05-12-2011, 21:21
Legions codex. That's all. I don't even care about new models. I just want a codex that I can have fun with.

Amen to that. A codex worthy of the Long War would be nice.

GrogDaTyrant
05-12-2011, 21:40
The rumours to be wrong, and it be a total re-boot edition.

I agree with this. At this point, nothing short of a total reboot where GW abandons their current (antiquated) update system, would get me interested in 40k again.

loveless
05-12-2011, 22:16
I second that! Also the Triarch Stalker kit.

I keep forgetting about the Triarch Stalker.

Add that to the list, too - I wouldn't mind some heat ray-wielding walkers in my collection.

Sgt John Keel
05-12-2011, 23:03
More insanity. And I mean good, dark insanity, not over the top insanity.

Also, I wish for the Apocalypse ruleset to get reintegrated with the core rules so that it makes sense.

And I want a plastic Thunderbolt and Hydra.

Santtu
05-12-2011, 23:10
-return to metal (one can hope)
-more Tyranids
-codices that don't alter pre-existing fluff nor make uncharacteristic additions to it
-Andy Chambers, Andy Hoare and Pete Haines are rehired
-price cuts (loud laughter and raging applause from the audience)

orlando davion
05-12-2011, 23:13
2nd edition Gray Knights Codex so playing GK is balanced & fun.

2nd Edition Tyranid Codex.

Announce 2nd Edition SW coodex is on the way.

Failing that a massed FAQ to fix issues relating to play balance.

Meanwhile back in the real world a fun playable Tau codex would do.

Kakapo42
05-12-2011, 23:43
In the rules department a good solid Tau codex is my main wish. Especialy one that focuses on the Tau themselves first and foremost, and with the option to field a fully viable list sans auxiliaries. Fortunatly that looks to be just what's coming in the new one, so I'd like that to be released as soon as physically possible.

Another thing I'd like to see is perhaps an expansion dealing with boarding actions. I've always thought there should be something covering this.

On the model side, I'd like:

-The rumors of new curvalicious battlesuits to be false, or, upon failing that, the option of purchasing and using the old models for them. I like these older models, and wish to continue using them.

-The new Tau models, with the exception of the aforementioned battlesuits.

-A plastic Barracuda

-Xenos terrain. There have been some Tau structures built for various events, they can make them into plastic kits and start from there.

-More apocalypse.

-The return of the apocalypse bundle kits.

-Plastic Sisters of Battle. A full range would be nice, but at least make a plastic box for the basic units they have, they deserve that much.

-The fabled second wave of Tyranids, even if it's just on Forge World.

That about covers it, I think.

Corporeal
06-12-2011, 00:49
a complete rebuild, from the ground up.

I'd rather have a much more dynamic, fluid and act/react style of play instead of 'i move this, now i move this, now i shoot with this, then with this, then i charge with this, then with this. now it's your turn.'

1v1 combat is nice and all, but sometimes i want a nice 4 to 6 player all out brawl.

there was one time when myself and a few others tried the 'move at the same time, shoot at the same time and assault at the same time' style and it was just bloody amazing. just seeing one of your squads charge towards another squad that was charging you was just perfect.

Warpcrafter
06-12-2011, 01:21
Andy Chambers rehired

That alone would restore balance to the force.

Arandmoor
06-12-2011, 06:12
I'd like to see an influx of non-imperial players. Be it through xenos codices raising to the level of recent imperial ones, or simply a fire sale on all xenos models.

A fire sale won't help so long as the imperial codexes are just better than everyone else.

I want to see the advancement of the storyline (to commemorate the 25th anniversary...it's not like another thousand years and the star child will suddenly cause galaxy-wide peace or anything).

I want to see a severe focus on Non-marines. Not non-imperium. Not xenos. Non-marines.

I want to see some faction development for the non-marine armies, and not just chaos space marines (who are still marines). I want Ork Kults, Tau sub-factions, Necron Dynasties, Tyranid Splinter Fleets, Eldar Craftworlds, Dark Eldar Cults and Covens, more flavors of Imperial Guard, and the Inquisition (gimmegimmeIlluminatiAndSensiPlease).

I want an air superiority expansion supplement that's not released by Forgeworld (and some plastic fighters/bombers).

I want a reboot of Necromunda that doesn't have it's own independent model line. I want mordheim in 40K with the minis I already have painted.

And while I'm at it...I want a pony.

Arandmoor
06-12-2011, 06:16
-return to metal (one can hope)

Blame china. Their industrial revolution is driving metal prices world-wide through the roof.

-Andy Chambers

Good luck with that one. He's working for blizzard now as the SC2 Creative Director. It would take an act of god to pull him away if their track record represents a tenth of reality.

Angelwing
06-12-2011, 08:30
I want... a sensibly priced main rulebook. No 50 doorstep thanks.
Tyranid second wave and battle sister models so beautiful angels would weep would be nice. I'd also like Jes Goodwin chained to his desk until he sculpts some more necromunda escher in dynamic poses (kneeling, bikers etc) so I have a feeble excuse to expand my guard army. Pleeease Jes, pleeeease :angel:

Souleater
06-12-2011, 08:33
Nids wave 2.

Characters for the character god.

Aluinn
06-12-2011, 12:12
New core rules (6th Edition) that make every sort of army comp--mech, pure infantry, hybrid, monstrous-creature-heavy, MC/horde hybrid, walker-heavy, gunline version of any of the above, close-combat-focused version of any the above, etc. etc.--at least roughly equally viable. That may seem like a tall order, but I think it sounds more difficult than it would actually be if we allow that the core rules are going to be rewritten and any change is on the table. I blame the fact that it hasn't happened yet only on the developers not seeing the problem with it not happening nor making it a priority.

The reason this is so important is that it will allow people to play with the models they like best without misgivings, and allow competitive players to face "fluff" players without major issues, and this gets at the very core of why people play 40K and buy models from GW. I think it's the most important thing that GW can do, in rules terms, to ensure their future success as a business as well as the continued vitality of their corner of the wargaming hobby.

laudarkul
06-12-2011, 12:20
My hopes:

- GW Imperial Guard Hydra;
- GW Imperial Guard Grifon/Medusa;
- Imperial Guard Stormtroopers;
- A hint that in 2013 will see a paper SoB codex;
- IA 1&2 redone as for 6th edtion.
- More Tactica Imperialis style books.

Chaos Undecided
06-12-2011, 12:50
It would be nice to see some generic character plastic clampack models as we've seen for warhammer recently to fill any gaps in model ranges.

Agree we really are way beyond time for a follow on wave of Tyranids hopefully including kits for the Tervigon/Tyrannofex and close combat warriors/shrikes some of the unique monsters and an actual prime would be nice to.

Hoping the new ruleset when it appears reignites my interest in playing 40k again tbh.

Chapters Unwritten
06-12-2011, 13:03
I'm curious what most warseerites would want to be released in 2012. We 'know' that a new edition is right around the corner. But is there anything in particular that you would like to see next year? Keep it somewhat realistic, so no plastic titans and such or a new codex for something that already had one in 5th (with perhaps the exception of space marines :p).

I'd personally like to see some apocalypse releases in the form of new battleformations (as in big boxes with loads of models) and some new chaos or xenos inspired terrain.

And some plastic Nurgle models (of any kind) would be most welcome.I really don't think GW realizes just how profitable a sale of any kind would be for their company. I bought more during the Apocalypse days than I did ever before or since.

If there is one thing I want, the only thing I dare ask is that they stop putting out new armies with obvious models we would love to have, nowhere to be found. I'm looking at you, conspicuously absent Thunderwolves!

DigitsDavid
06-12-2011, 13:07
Plastic renegades

Vipoid
06-12-2011, 13:43
I'd like a GW employee to knock at my door, and present me with the *real* Tyranid codex, whilst apologising profusely for keeping the April Fool's codex going for so long.

dangermouse425
06-12-2011, 14:39
New Eldar codex!
Less Nid hatred on Warseer. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Zond
06-12-2011, 15:07
I want the rules to move toward creating a balanced game for all points levels (500 - Apocalypse) as well as all types of play.

I want more fun scenarios and campaigns that are easily bought in to, and are balanced for all involved at all points levels.

I want a more modern gaming system, where I can react on my opponents turn, or alternating phases of movement, shooting etc.

I want more timely model releases, instead of waiting months or years for a second wave to appear.

I would like some kind of sale or bargain every so often. Even if it's on older models or more megaforces like we're seeing this Christmas.

On a similar note I want a price drop or a price freeze across the entire range.

I want the entry costs for the main rulebook and codicies to be dropped. There's no need to invest 70 just to know how to play your army before you shell out for the models, glues, paints etc.

I want GW to enter the digital age and offer well moderated forums, army builders and PDF rules online. I would also like more interaction with GW staff online, be it through Q&A sessions on a chatroom or increased forum usage.

I want GW to acknowledge other competitors and change their business practices as such.

I want White Dwarf to return to its roots as a hobby magazine for GW products, and not a glorified catalogue.

Most of all, I want all of the above to actually happen. :p

GrogDaTyrant
06-12-2011, 15:38
-Andy Chambers, Andy Hoare and Pete Haines are rehired

Can't comment about Mr. Haines or Mr. Hoare... But from what I've heard, Andy has moved from Seattle back to Nottingham.

One could only hope.

theJ
06-12-2011, 15:52
I'd really just like 6th to be good... remake it from the bottom up if you need to, just give me a nice fun system that supports any playstyle and any army size.

From there on out? New sisters (including long awaited 10-girl plastic sister boxes), plastic characters (ala. fantasy)... if I'm allowed to go a little crazy, I'd also appreciate a price drop :)

Atlas_garon
06-12-2011, 15:57
6th edition to be balanced and help return the sci-fi game back to more shooting (if i wanted melee I would play fantasy)

balanced codexs FOR EVERYONE

more dex per year

models for factions to be release quicker (within 6 months of new unit in dex)

BFG rules updates and more models

more game types and a return to victory points

planatary assault campaigns with rules for all factions (is it to much to ask to have evey ******* in the universe show up and fight over a piece of dirt.

ModelCalamity
06-12-2011, 16:05
i want

Nids Second wave
SW Second wave
Epire new book
More dice
6th ed
necron 2nd wave
Vamps
Ork fighta bomba
SM flyer

self biased
06-12-2011, 16:23
I want a pony

Kulgur
06-12-2011, 16:34
A year without a single marine release from forgeworld or GW.

Well, I can dream can't I?

muggins
06-12-2011, 16:50
6th edition to be balanced and help return the sci-fi game back to more shooting (if i wanted melee I would play fantasy)

Are we playing the same game

Scribe of Khorne
06-12-2011, 16:56
For the Legions to be given a codex which reflects their place in the setting, and for Chaos to be elevated again to their proper place as the most important faction in the setting. :evilgrin:

Chem-Dog
06-12-2011, 18:38
Blame china. Their industrial revolution is driving metal prices world-wide through the roof.

And diminishing natural reserves.

Good luck with that one. He's working for blizzard now as the SC2 Creative Director. It would take an act of god to pull him away if their track record represents a tenth of reality.

Last I heard his association with Blizzard had ended and he was working on DUST. There was a thread about it somewhere....

I'd also like Jes Goodwin chained to his desk until he sculpts some more necromunda escher in dynamic poses (kneeling, bikers etc) so I have a feeble excuse to expand my guard army. Pleeease Jes, pleeeease :angel:

And all the other Houses while he's at it!

I want a RENDING pony

Fixed it for ya :)

Rogerio
06-12-2011, 23:41
1. Chaos Legions Codex with some nice rules to make IW a firepower based army that uses vehicles and traditional Iron Warrior tactics to fight a battle.

2. Tau Codex, with something to make firewarriors a bit better!!!

3. New battlesuits would be grand :)

4. Chaos Contemptor.

TheConverter15
06-12-2011, 23:58
Hmm, everyone seems to have picked what I want :p Well a LOT of new chaos minis, all Legions dexes coming out relatively same time, a LatD codex, knight Titan plastic kit, Nids second wave (yeah right :p) plastic dreadclaw, plastic hellblade, chaos commander plastic kit (PA), Codex: Squats :p, more super heavy tanks, Plastic Warhound. Also the occasional 50% off sale or a buy 2 get 3rd free ANY KIND OF SALE WILL DO!!

Arandmoor
07-12-2011, 04:10
Last I heard his association with Blizzard had ended and he was working on DUST. There was a thread about it somewhere....

The CCP EVE Online FPS expansion? :eek:

...yeah...I would call that the rough equivalent to an act of god.

I want a pony

...brofist

Monk813
07-12-2011, 04:22
I think mine have all been covered but I'll throw them in any way.

For the Emperor's Finest:
Plastic Hydra
Plastic Medusa/Colossus/Griffon
Updated Rough Rider models
Plastic Sanctioned Psyker kit
Vendetta upgrade kit
And for that matter, bring back the bitz store!

For my Blue Brothers:
A new Codex with the ability to play a solid Tau(no aux) list or a solid Aux(No Tau) list.
Failing the above, I want a Kroot Merc. Codex.
More Aux options/races

For all my Bug Brothers:
Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit
Mycetic Spore
Harpy

For my Soul Sisters:
An actual, honest to goodness Codex with all the bells and whistles we've been waiting for
Plastic... Everything would be nice...

For my Corrupted Cousins:
A new Codex so that everyone else will shut up about it (j/k;) sounds like you guys really need it)
Lotta updated models in plastic

For the Marines:
Let's face it, their gonna get love no matter what we say
Though I would like a new BT dex... Not hurting for it, but would be nice...

As was said:
More Apoc
An Air Superiority Expansion is a good idea (And with it, more plastic flyers muahaha!)
Fluff/Rules tweaks for individual factions/formations within already established Codeces, i.e. Steel Legion, Ulthwe, Savage Orks, etc.
More Xenos - Remember, variety is the spice of life
More Terrain kits that aren't Imperium Specific would be nice
Take WD back to the hobby mag it was, I miss those modeling workshops
Price Drop? Yes Please!
Advance the story, even if by a little... Please..?

grey knights rock
07-12-2011, 04:40
I want the DKOK commissar rereleased! How can I have an army without the Commissar!!

Ghazbad_Facestompa
07-12-2011, 04:51
An interesting Chaos codex that will allow for a fully World Eaters army that is fluffy and reasonably competitive. Oh, with the other legions getting rules and options that are fluffy and reasonably competitive too, of course.

KarlPedder
07-12-2011, 04:54
The Tau release to be not long after the Necron 2nd wave so I can get both sent over at the same time and have 2 new nicely painted armies that should work well when 6th drops.

Ventus
07-12-2011, 05:08
I want to see a new tyranid codex before I want to see nid models. That way maybe the tervigon and T-fex can be obliterated from the dex and a decent product made for the army. Gotta have a dream. Oh, and a proper errata/FAQ for each army when 6th edition comes out. I know..I know.. I'm asking a lot from GW.

dabensta08
07-12-2011, 15:21
6th Ed gogog

loveless
07-12-2011, 15:32
That way maybe the tervigon and T-fex can be obliterated from the dex and a decent product made for the army.

What's wrong with the Tervigon and Tyrannofex? :confused:

I wouldn't mind seeing a new Tyranid book, but I'd want the rest of the 4th Ed books updated before that. I do want to see the remaining bug models come out though - I've always liked that range.

Vipoid
07-12-2011, 16:22
What's wrong with the Tervigon and Tyrannofex? :confused:

Both are models that shouldn't exist.

The Tervigon concept is dubious at best, and all of it's powers are ones that should be posessed by the Hive Tyrant.

Note that I'm not saying the Tervigon is a bad unit in terms of gameplay - it's easily one of the better units in the codex. However, in terms of fluff, it just shouldn't exist.

Similarly, the Tyrannofex essentially performs the duty that a Carnifex with a Venom Cannon (or Heavy Venom Cannon) *should* be performing. Except that it costs a ludicrous amount and is terribly designed.

In both cases, they seem like they were made to sell new models, after the Hive Tyrant, Carnifex, Venom Cannon and Barbed Strangler all got nerfed. However, there aren't any new models for them, which makes them even more perplexing.

Essentially, they're just unnecessary units, which don't really fit the fluff, and will hopefully be axed from the next codex.

loveless
07-12-2011, 16:25
Essentially, they're just unnecessary units, which don't really fit the fluff, and will hopefully be axed from the next codex.

Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation!

Angelwing
07-12-2011, 17:26

Hope not. I can use the current rules to cover my armorcast tyranid models.
Don't fit the background? Haruspex? Exocrine? These two can be perfectly covered by the tyrannofex rules. However this is a discussion for another thread.

Infern0
07-12-2011, 17:43
i want

More dice

yep, I was kind off thinking of buying each color dice(including the limited ones) Love `em:D

Vipoid
07-12-2011, 17:55
Don't fit the background? Haruspex? Exocrine? These two can be perfectly covered by the tyrannofex rules.

Then what's the point of having the Tyrannofex as well? :confused:

Inquisitor_Tolheim
07-12-2011, 18:24
Then what's the point of having the Tyrannofex as well? :confused:

The Tyrannofex is the only one in the codex. It lets fluff modellers use some of the old armorcast stuff.

Should it have just been an Exocrine instead? I think yes, but that's a discussion for another day.

Fawful
07-12-2011, 21:14
Let's keep it on topic, shall we? There are plenty of other threads to discuss the inns and out of tyranids.

hive fleet aphopis
07-12-2011, 21:35
1. New nid dex
2. More nid bio-titans bigger than hierophant
3. Chaos god malal made actually a part of the ''big four''
4. Smurfs be destroyed by new hive fleet, hive fleet apophis

Arandmoor
10-12-2011, 22:21
I want to see...

Movement tray rules for horde armies and some relaxing on the "real LOS" crap in favor of common sense and logic (he can hide behind that rock. He's human wearing flack armor, with an average intelligence AND enough sense to survive long enough to make veteran).

Transport squadrons. If I take 10 marines...I should be able to stuff them into two razerbacks. Same goes for 30 ork boyz. If they need 3 trukks, why can't I field them? Tack on a squadron tax if balance requires it. I mean...transport squadrons are where vehicle squadrons make sense...as opposed to IG artillery with high strength, low AP large blast template-galore when everyone else is forced to take them in singles because they're really, really goddamn powerful.

4. Smurfs be destroyed by new hive fleet, hive fleet apophis

Shouldn't that be Hive Fleet Gargamel or Azriel or something?

BrainFireBob
10-12-2011, 22:47
New Chaos FA option (something like a skimmer or flyer)
New Chaos Dread model with all the options, GW!

NOISE MARINES

Return to abstract terrain classification. I don't like the boggles of TLOS. I want some form of area terrain back. Feels like a sales tactic for their terrain pieces.

More Planetstrike-style expansions.

New mission table where DAWN OF WAR ISN'T EVERY SECOND GAME.

More plastic Guard.

More races for Tau

Jetseers and Jetlocks

ADMECH

Bergen Beerbelly
10-12-2011, 22:51
I want GW to finally go back to 2nd edition 40k and fix the problems it had by making actual rulings on things that were niggly. Then add in the new models that they have created since then, and bring back the Squats as a playable army.

But since I know GW won't do that I want them to add in Overwatch to the new game and give back pop up attacks from skimmer vehicles. I want them to get rid of the stupid Feel No Pain rule and give Eldar assult units a way to assult out of vehicles without getting shot to pieces before they can even get into combat.

I want them to get rid of the wound allocation system too as I believe it slows down the game and also makes it unfair for armies that don't have multiple wound models in abundance.

I want them to finally make every single codex for a version of the game before going on to the next version. So before 6th edition goes away they should make a codex for everyone first, Then when 7th edition comes around, do the same thing again. None of this make a codex for a version of the game, then go through another version of the game and only update some of the codexes for it. If they're gonna update codexes, update them all.

I would also like them to make actual set in stone rules for the game for once. Not this "well, roll a dice and whoever gets the higher score has the rule go their way" nonsense. Get a spine GW and make a superb set of rules for once that will benefit the tournament scene as well as casual play.

gutsmaka
11-12-2011, 16:13
the rest of the necron range

a good tyranid codex (this is'nt going to happen but you can hope:D)

the rest of the tyranid range (again, you can hope)

6th ed

a world wide campaign

cheaper prices (really hoping!)

updated apocalypse

especially the worldwide campaign, I really want to do one of those.

Garanaul the Black
11-12-2011, 18:06
In general, a return to the days when we were allowed to know what was in the pipes months or more in advance. GW dropping the new attitude towards rumors and news, really.

A new Chaos Codex that adds them to the top tier club of competitive armies. New plastic, new toys, new take on things.

G

Psycoticspacemarine
11-12-2011, 18:37
I want the rules to move toward creating a balanced game for all points levels (500 - Apocalypse) as well as all types of play.

I want more fun scenarios and campaigns that are easily bought in to, and are balanced for all involved at all points levels.

I want a more modern gaming system, where I can react on my opponents turn, or alternating phases of movement, shooting etc.

I want more timely model releases, instead of waiting months or years for a second wave to appear.

I would like some kind of sale or bargain every so often. Even if it's on older models or more megaforces like we're seeing this Christmas.

On a similar note I want a price drop or a price freeze across the entire range.

I want the entry costs for the main rulebook and codicies to be dropped. There's no need to invest 70 just to know how to play your army before you shell out for the models, glues, paints etc.

I want GW to enter the digital age and offer well moderated forums, army builders and PDF rules online. I would also like more interaction with GW staff online, be it through Q&A sessions on a chatroom or increased forum usage.

I want GW to acknowledge other competitors and change their business practices as such.

I want White Dwarf to return to its roots as a hobby magazine for GW products, and not a glorified catalogue.

Most of all, I want all of the above to actually happen. :p

This, please God, This.

Rofleupagus
12-12-2011, 01:47

I want it to be more about tactics and gamesmanship than making the most of immersion breaking rules...

^ This. I agree.

Shack
12-12-2011, 16:21
Im fairly new to warhammer but i think a new race would be pretty sweet