PDA

View Full Version : Got Mines of Moria cheap, what now?

Tarliyn
05-12-2011, 17:51
So subject kinda says it all. A local store here at Mines of Moria for half off so I picked it up. What is thr best way to expand on this?

Also how is the balance between the 2 forces? My girlfriend wants to try it since she likes LotR but I wanna make sure she has fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jobu
05-12-2011, 19:07
I would try and play through the scenarios that came with the box set first, let her be the good guys on one then switch off. Afterwards I would build up the good army with a box of wood elves, warriors of minas tirith or dwarves since you would have a hero to lead each of those factions. As far as the goblin army goes just get some big numbers first, they are a horde army. You can always proxy what you have for fantasy for good or evil to see how it goes.

Whitwort Stormbringer
05-12-2011, 19:26
Jobu pretty much hit the nail on the head - just play through the scenarios in the box to get a feel for the game. After that, pick a good army (probably one that your girlfriend is interested in) and collect enough warriors and a hero or two to match the goblins.

If you like goblins, you can keep building on that army, or you could pick up Durburz or some captains and call it a day, then move on to an evil army that you find more appealing