PDA

View Full Version : 2500 WoC - something a little different

:-Collinisimo-:
06-12-2011, 04:09
I tried to stay away from the typical cookie-cutter Warriors lists that have been floating around everywhere on the internet, so I stayed away from Chosen, Warshrines, Hellcannons, and Level 4s. It's a little unorthodox, but it works for me. Here is what I came up with:

Lords:

Chaos Lord - 340
MoT
Disc of Tzeentch
Crown of Command
Talisman of Preservation
Enchanted Shield
Biting Blade

Heros:

Exalted Hero - 190
MoT
BSB
Shield
Talisman of Endurance
Dragon Helm

Chaos Sorcerer - 190
MoT
Level 2
Infernal Puppet
Talisman of Protection

Chaos Sorcerer - 215
MoT
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Collar of Khorne
Third Eye of Tzeentch

Core:

18x Chaos Warriors - 389
MoN
Halberds
Shields
Musician
Standard
Banner of Rage

42x Marauders - 284
MoT
Shields
Light Armor
Musician
Standard

5x Marauder Horsemen - 91
MoS
Flails
Musician

5x Warhounds - 30

5x Warhounds - 30

Special:

6x Chaos Knights - 270
MoK

3x Dragon Ogres - 231
Great Weapons

Chariot - 120

Chariot - 120

Total: 2500 points

My Thoughts:

Tzeentch Disc Lord

This guy was one of the reasons I didn't take a Level 4. I was toying around with other competitive options for the lord choice, and this was the best thing that I could come up with. And man has he proved his worth. He is Stubborn, and he has fantastic defensive capabilities. At T5, with a 1+/3++, he's not going anywhere. I tend to throw him into my opponent's main combat block and have him sit there the entire game - with the rest of my army sweeping up the rest. This has proven work for me very well, and is something I want to keep doing.

Magic

Without a Level 4, I initially thought that I was going to struggle in the magic phase. However, I wanted to maintain a solid magical defense with my Level 2s, so I came packing the Puppet as well as a Dispel Scroll. This ended up working fantastically - because the Puppet I soon came to realize worked just as well for offensive purposes. I am able to power though important spells at key moments with six dice and not have to worry about the negative effects, which is always nice.

Tzeentch Marauder Bunker

I always liked the idea of having a deep unit of cheap troops, and with High Elves that was just never possible. I decided to try it out with WoC however. I run my 42 Tzeentch Marauders 5 wide and 9 deep, with all of my foot characters in it. With shields and light armor, they are a lowly 6 points per model, which is a major change from High Elves indeed. However, apparently cheap is not synonymous with weak, because with the MoT and parry, they are boasting a 5+/5++ save in combat, with a fantastic WS4 and I4, all for just 6 points per model. Sure they are strength and toughness 3, but they stick around very well, especially when there are that many of them. With the magic items given to the characters, they also boast a 4++ save against magic.

This unit tends to stay back a bit and let the Chaos Warriors do what they do best, but whenever cheap ranks are needed they are more than happy to oblige.

Dragon Ogres

I realized that before I added the drogers, my highest strength was 5. This would be insufficient dealing with monsters, cav, etc. Adding the drogers not only put in some much needed strength, but it also gave me another fast flanking unit that I should be able to use flexibly.

The rest is pretty self explanatory. A solid Warrior block, some flack, a warmachine hunter, and a few chariots.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

m1acca1551
06-12-2011, 05:33
I quite like this, it has a nice balance through out it, and is really quite different from the "usual" WoC netlist. That lord will be an absolute pain to take on, as unlike DE dreadlords they are deadly in combat.

Good work and good luck with your games!!

Rakton
06-12-2011, 05:37
Hey. I see you got your army developing here. My advice it to take the two chariots away along with the horsemen to add another infantry unit. I see the point of having two level two's, but i usually prefer the lv4 wizard over the chaoslord and two sorcerers for the +2 dispel bonus and a wider range of spells from the third eye. if you are worried with magic defence with the lvl 4, you can give the bsb the book of secrets with a dispel scroll. Otherwise, it looks fine to me.