PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf List in construction

cornonthecob
06-12-2011, 11:46
Ok I have 2 bolt throwers , 48 warriors and 32 thunderers and an anvil of doom.

I've constructed a few lists but i'm not sure about them, I'd like some idea about whats good before I start assembling the dual nature kits.

I can buy more heroes if neccasary , but here is a rough idea of a non-hero related list.

30 longbeards
shields
musician
standard bearer
veteran
rune of battle

15 warriors
great weapons
musician
standard bearer
veteran

10 ranger quarrelers - 220
great weapons
veterans

20 thunderers
2 bolt throwers with runes

eron12
06-12-2011, 14:31
Ok I have 2 bolt throwers , 48 warriors and 32 thunderers and an anvil of doom.

I've constructed a few lists but i'm not sure about them, I'd like some idea about whats good before I start assembling the dual nature kits.

I can buy more heroes if neccasary , but here is a rough idea of a non-hero related list.

30 longbeards
shields
musician
standard bearer
veteran
rune of battle

15 warriors
great weapons
musician
standard bearer
veteran

10 ranger quarrelers - 220
great weapons
veterans

20 thunderers
2 bolt throwers with runes

I'm not sure what point value you're shooting for, but a 15 man unit of GW warriors isn't going to achomplish much. You need much larger groups of GWs to make an impact.

MOMUS
06-12-2011, 18:54
I always thought it would be fun to have a unit of say 30+ rangers with throwing axes and any other equipment. Deploy it on your enemies flank and roll his army up, all the while your main army shoots away.

zielonkak
07-12-2011, 05:05
ive seen it twice and both times it failed miserabley....i would not have expected to see a 30 man block run off the board on two seperate occassions...and they were dwarves

MOMUS
07-12-2011, 15:38
Ah definitely a bad move if it failed twice.

cornonthecob
08-12-2011, 05:57
I'm not sure what point value you're shooting for, but a 15 man unit of GW warriors isn't going to achomplish much. You need much larger groups of GWs to make an impact.

Should I make them Hand weapon and shield then ?

Olja
08-12-2011, 23:32
Should I make them Hand weapon and shield then ?

The Great Weapon is still the better choice. The shield and Hand weapon doesn't give them the bonus like in the last set of rules. The Dwarves low Initiative means you will go last a lot anyways. You need a lot more warriors. Just started playing again with the new edition and using a 40 Dwarf Horde unit of Great Weapons. They are effective. :)

zielonkak
09-12-2011, 01:57
it was two different games with different people....but still who would of thought that.