PDA

View Full Version : Proxy Necron Scythes?

Necr0n
06-12-2011, 15:39
So I see a lot of people field the scythe spam list(3 doom scythes, 3+ night scythes with immortals) but, I dont get it.. How do you guys use them in games? Any suggestion? Any certain model I can use to represent(proxy) a Necron Night/Doom Scythe?

The bearded one
06-12-2011, 15:42
waiting for the second wave would be the best solution I guess ;)

Alternatively I think valkyries or razorwings would be adequate proxies untill they come out. Personally I won't be using them at all, as they're only AV11 and will be begging for the attention of enemy antitank.

Ravenous
06-12-2011, 15:46
The idea Ive passed around is the total fake out, as in make your opponent think you are on one side of the table and have all the objectives on the other, you'll destroy his transports on the opposite side of the table leaving him with a long hike, while you're destroyed vechiles yeild better results and you start moving on the side with the objectives.

Long story short, take imotekh and a pulsetek for protection, use speed, then isolate and destroy.

drear
06-12-2011, 15:50
convert one out of the CCB and ghostarc ?

Necr0n
06-12-2011, 16:04
convert one out of the CCB and ghostarc ?

Sounds like a nice plan... And you do that how? :P

madival
06-12-2011, 16:05
So I see a lot of people field the scythe spam list(3 doom scythes, 3+ night scythes with immortals) but, I dont get it.. How do you guys use them in games? Any suggestion? Any certain model I can use to represent(proxy) a Necron Night/Doom Scythe?

I bought 6 ghostarks/doomsdark arks and I am currently adding several small wings to them. I like the model, but hate the rules. I also am adding the twin linked tesla destructor to the very front in the form of one of the little guns from the broadside section. The entire army is lightning based, so there is a storm from storm lord. tesla destructors are lightning from the sky marked by a target painter. thats how I plan on doing it :angel: