PDA

View Full Version : Exorcist Gone?

Aryakas
19-04-2006, 15:55
Browsing the GW US Online Store I couldn't help but notice they've taken the Exorcist off the Witch Hunters page and only the bits are still available for purchase. Were they planning on doing something to it in the near future or did they just decide the model wasn't popular enough?

IG88
19-04-2006, 16:10
I think the Exorcist was always meant to be a limited-run-only model.

Shield of Freedom
19-04-2006, 16:13
Yes, when it was introduced it was meant as a limited run.

You'll have to use Forge World for the kit that you place on a rhino if you really want Exorcists now.

My wife plays Witch Hunters and she has two of the Forge World ones. Our opinnion is that they look better anyway unless you REALLY like that gothic organ look.

(Evil)Ash
19-04-2006, 16:18
You'll have to use Forge World for the kit that you place on a rhino if you really want Exorcists now.

that's not true, al the bits are still available and, I guess, if you tell the mail order troll that you want an exorsist he'll know which parts to send you.

greetz,:evilgrin:

DragonPup
19-04-2006, 17:00
Yes, there's 3 main options...

1) Mail order the parts

2) Forge World

3) Conversion. A really simple one is to get a Whirlwind, and bitz order an Immolator's sprue.

sliganian
19-04-2006, 17:04
The Exorcist is an odd case. The mantra in recent times for GW retail strategy is very much 'If it is in a Codex, it is on a shelf; if it is not in a Codex it is not on a shelf'. Hence new Possessed models for Chaos (whether you like them or not!)

However, Witchhunters came out long before this policy got rolling in full-force. Hmm... perhaps there is a new Exorcist coming and they want to 'pull-back' the old stuff?

god octo
19-04-2006, 17:07
i persoanlly hate the exorcist model, so i bought a converted one off of ebay. it saves me from ruining a model by trying myself. my biggest conversion so far is a reasonably well done dozer blade on a rhino that im pleased with, its my first vehicle.

Loricatus
19-04-2006, 17:38
IIRC, GW was actually losing money on the Exorcist boxes, so they were a limited run. However, as pointed out above, the pieces are still available, so all you need is an Immolator box, plus all the parts. Just do a search for Exorcist on the GW Online Store, and you get all the goodies. However, it is not exactly cheap. All the bitz add up to US$58.50. So, for an Exorcist, you'll be paying $98.50 + tax. Thankfully I bought 2 of them when they came out and won a third one in a painting contest. Even if you are not building an Exorcist, I can highly recommend the front and side armor plates to any SoB players to represent extra armor. Those bitz only run about $11 and are well worth the price.

Btw, a fully assembled Exorcist weighs a ton compared to an all-plastic Rhino, so it's no wonder those parts are so expensive. It's the heaviest GW model I have put together so far.

DragonPup
19-04-2006, 21:50
My local GW store ordered all of it(including the Rhino/immolator chasis) for like $55. So they can still order it at a decent price. Also, check local, small shops, I know of one in Malden that has the Exorcist new in box for $50.

Seleucus
20-04-2006, 00:03
It's still on the UK online store - for 30 ($50-55 approx).

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9914010805400&orignav=9

Seleucus

GodofWarTx
20-04-2006, 02:28
IIRC, GW was actually losing money on the Exorcist boxes, so they were a limited run. However, as pointed out above, the pieces are still available, so all you need is an Immolator box, plus all the parts. Just do a search for Exorcist on the GW Online Store, and you get all the goodies. However, it is not exactly cheap. All the bitz add up to US$58.50. So, for an Exorcist, you'll be paying $98.50 + tax. Thankfully I bought 2 of them when they came out and won a third one in a painting contest. Even if you are not building an Exorcist, I can highly recommend the front and side armor plates to any SoB players to represent extra armor. Those bitz only run about $11 and are well worth the price.

Btw, a fully assembled Exorcist weighs a ton compared to an all-plastic Rhino, so it's no wonder those parts are so expensive. It's the heaviest GW model I have put together so far.

you cant compare a complete model kits price based on the sum of its bits, just like you cant compare the final price of a complete car with what you find in the parts dept. at a car dealership. If you priced out, oh, say a Toyota Camry using the parts department, your camry would cost like 50,000 US Dollars, lol. :)

DragonPup
22-04-2006, 00:59
I asked my local GW store manager about this, and this is the deal with the Exorcist:

If you want an Exorcist, you buy an Immolator for $40, then they have a special part number that has all the metal bits for $15, for a total of $55.

I didn't get the part number, but all GW stores should be able to order it.