PDA

View Full Version : Individual Chaos Space Marines Legions Codexes

Imotekh
07-12-2011, 04:18
Why are there individual Space Marine Chapters Codexes but not Chaos Legions or Warbands Codexes it just makes sense plus it's more potential profit for GW
I'm sure some of you have wanted to see CODEX World Eaters or CODEX Black Legion it just seems so obvious

grey knights rock
07-12-2011, 04:20
There isnt room for anymore codexes. GW has trouble updating the ones there already are.

teheuax
07-12-2011, 06:17
We don't need anymore space marine codexs. We have too many as is.

agurus1
07-12-2011, 06:36
maybe if there is a Chaos Legions Codex (all in one) then GW may consider a Codex Space Marine Chapters (all in one) as well?. ..... *long shot*

titilititi
07-12-2011, 07:13
GW always said it will never happen, but when I rode last CSM Codex, I thought it was totally necessary. Then came that rumor of the multiple chaos codices... If you think about Chaos diversity, it would repair an injustice.
To be honest I really hope GW will do differently for the next codices round. I mean, they should release all the main armies first, then only they should deepen with space marine codices. I think it would make sense as it would give more coherence to the all thing.

Born Again
07-12-2011, 08:04
Then they might as well do separate books for different Ork Klans, Eldar Craftworlds, Tau septs etc... it's really not needed, and many people will make the argument that space marines should only get one book.

agurus1
07-12-2011, 08:06
I was SOOOOO happy when the blood angels codex got revamped but even I do think that Marines can get a single book and still be viable/make money.

azimaith
07-12-2011, 08:12
I would like to see a more expansive CSM codex that allows for better representation of legions. I'd also like a force that allows me to use the Lost and the Damned, even as part of Codex CSM like a sub codex. An unusual guard force with some chaos marine choices for HQ and Elites would be fantastic.

titilititi
07-12-2011, 08:21
Then they might as well do separate books for different Ork Klans, Eldar Craftworlds, Tau septs etc... it's really not needed, and many people will make the argument that space marines should only get one book.

I'm one of them. I always thought the 4th Edition CSM codex was totally sufficient to rule all the CSM legions. They could have done the same with SPAM (the 4th SM & IG codices were that spirit after all).
And there are already 2 codices for Craftworld Eldar (DE Codex enables you, with a few limits, to play Eldar pirates...)
But I still could defend a Chaos codices multiplicity opinion. Renegades are the Chaos counterpart of IG, but not the exact same at all (decline, mutate and all the stuff that makes it funny), don't you think?

Beppo1234
07-12-2011, 11:10
CSM codex is really just another marine codex.

as for the deluge of marine codecies out there: I think they should go back to pairing up marine forces in a single, bigger book. C:SM for your vanilla marines, BTs+DAs together, then your flawed loyalist marines with BA+SW. Or the old combo, C:SM for vanilla, Angels of Death, SW. It's the increase of the inclusion of the BTs that mess it up. I think had they stuck with the original 4 chapters, things would be better. Whatever the combination, it would really help to speed up the next round of updates, as the plastics are pretty much all complete, excluding a couple of units for marines

Rick Blaine
07-12-2011, 11:44
Must we have this thread every week?

No new SM or CSM unless they considerably speed up the update schedule, I don't want to wait 15 years for the Orks to be updated again because 20 power armoured armies all have to be done first.

Eddie Chaos
07-12-2011, 12:29
Because you are looking at it the wrong way round. Gw don't see it as six different Space marine books and only one Chaos marine book, they look at it as 7 different marine books.

The Chaos Space Marine codex is just another Space marine book.

For what its worth I play chaos and would love more options.

Kevlar
07-12-2011, 13:19
chaos really got shafted when they took the demons away.

now they are indeed just another marine chapter with far fewer options.

Mr. Ultra
07-12-2011, 15:08

100% agree. That's why I hope the new Chaos book shall be "Chaos Legions" instead of "Chaos Space Marines".

Mit Gas
07-12-2011, 17:21
A single codex for all Legions (and maybe even generic heretics) is more than enough, really! :) And I say that as a Chaos follower.

Vedar
07-12-2011, 18:04
I have no problems with a single book, but I want to play Iron Warriors not spikey bad guy marines.

I want to play my Warsmith and not counts as Lord with Powerfist.
I want them to be good in siege warfare and ambushes.
I want firepower and shock troops.

Make it all cost what it needs to be, but make it feel right.

agurus1
07-12-2011, 18:09
I have no problems with a single book, but I want to play Iron Warriors not spikey bad guy marines.

I want to play my Warsmith and not counts as Lord with Powerfist.
I want them to be good in siege warfare and ambushes.
I want firepower and shock troops.

Make it all cost what it needs to be, but make it feel right.

this, all of this

titilititi
07-12-2011, 18:09

To me, it's even more the disappearance of the four books of Chaos in the 4th edition CSM codex. It really enabled you to play a legion in particular (advantages in points were perhaps to much, but in my Emperor's Children player case it opened choices that the Universal CSM couldn't make. Ok, when they took deamons away from the CSM codex, it become a lot harder to field sufficiently troop choices as Noise Marines are very expensive)

1+1_2x2_3^3
07-12-2011, 21:06
I believe Chaos Marines should have a book similar to codex space marine alot of characters that unlock army wide rules and some added customization because of the chaos gods.

Imotekh
08-12-2011, 04:31
I'm not saying they shouldi'm just saying i don't see why they wouldn't

I amsick of Space marine codexes they should update actual armies not 1000 guys