PDA

View Full Version : shadow spectares counts as

epicusmaximus
07-12-2011, 10:41
Im thinking of using Shadow Spectares on my eldar force of sorts, but what to use them as?

Thought about Dark Reapers?

feelnopain666
07-12-2011, 11:02
I think the real question is why would you do that?

Ace Rimmer
07-12-2011, 12:59
Despite the internet's reservation about dark reapers, they are good at picking off units in cover, but exceptional at units out of cover.

I'd say Warp Spider's are the most likely counts as use for shadow spectre's, given the whole jump pack/jet pack parallel.

Denny
07-12-2011, 13:29
Despite the internet's reservation about dark reapers, they are good at picking off units in cover, but exceptional at units out of cover.

I'd say Warp Spider's are the most likely counts as use for shadow spectre's, given the whole jump pack/jet pack parallel.

Agreed. They look kinda like ghosts anyway, I can totally see them appearing as if from nowhere, firing, and then disappearing again.

feelnopain666
07-12-2011, 13:32
I dont have any issues against Dark Reapers (I still use them a lot). What I mean is, why use the Shadow Spectres as aspect warriors that already exist, and not as they are?

epicusmaximus
07-12-2011, 16:46
I think the real question is why would you do that?

Because of a no fw rule policy?

loveless
07-12-2011, 16:58

That's a silly rule :p Just kidding.

I think I'd lean towards Warp Spiders, actually - though that's mainly due to the floaty nature of the Spectres and relative ground-bound nature of Reapers (plus, I really like the Dark Reaper models).

Fable
07-12-2011, 17:05
That's a silly rule :p Just kidding.

I think I'd lean towards Warp Spiders, actually - though that's mainly due to the floaty nature of the Spectres and relative ground-bound nature of Reapers (plus, I really like the Dark Reaper models).

At some point I intend to pick up a squad and use them as Warp Spiders. Partially because I think the Warp Spider models are dated and I still have horrible flashbacks to painting them. I think the SS models are quite nice actually.

Mr-Wednesday
07-12-2011, 17:15
I had an idea at one point to convert Shadow Spectres to Warp Spiders when I first saw them. They are lovely looking models. To the OP, I think they would suit either aspect, Deark Reapers or Warp Spiders, maybe so light conversion work.

Grimtuff
07-12-2011, 17:48

Which is where precisely? :eyebrows:

Mannimarco
07-12-2011, 17:54
No FW......man I love these topics. There are few reasons for a blanket ban on FW models.

Shadow Spectres as Shadow Spectres. If you're not going to use them as they are then why drop the cash on on the fancy models in the first place?

Its like dropping the extra cash on something like Culn or Zhufor and just using them as a standard lord/commander in termy armour. You could but why?

Ace Rimmer
07-12-2011, 18:12
Well, they are pretty sweet models......

Theocracity
07-12-2011, 19:39
No FW......man I love these topics. There are few reasons for a blanket ban on FW models.

Shadow Spectres as Shadow Spectres. If you're not going to use them as they are then why drop the cash on on the fancy models in the first place?

Its like dropping the extra cash on something like Culn or Zhufor and just using them as a standard lord/commander in termy armour. You could but why?

I dropped cash on the FW ork mekboss... and so far have only used his head to convert my Warboss.

Sometimes, it's just because of the models. I'm sure he'd like to use his FW rules (or maybe not), but our yelling about whether FW should be allowed probably doesn't change the policy of his group.

loveless
07-12-2011, 19:52

Because they look awesome?