PDA

View Full Version : beastmen jagged dagger character

meanmachine
07-12-2011, 17:54
has anyone been able to get much use out of the jagged dagger.

i cant see anyway to make it really good for the shaman since he has so few attacks.

I would like to hear some ideas on how to make this item useful since it is really good for magic.

bildo
07-12-2011, 17:56
erm, utilise the law of beasts, +3 attacks makes a shamy really nice

ArtificerArmour
07-12-2011, 17:59
primal fury means you reroll to hit as well.

Feefait
07-12-2011, 18:06
in a unit with +1 str banner to make those hits actually wound as well.

theunwantedbeing
07-12-2011, 18:10
As the others have stated, buff him like crazy and the dagger becomes seriously useful.

Jagosaja
07-12-2011, 18:11
The Jagged Dagger is an arcane item, so you can use a magic weapon like Brass Cleaver which can give you several more attacks.

malladin.ben
08-12-2011, 06:05
Give it to a GBS with AHW, many limbs and a 4+ ward. Stick him with a beast banner BSB and you're kicking out 4 S5 attacks with hatred. Buff him with savage beast and he's doing 7 S8!

Harwammer
08-12-2011, 09:48
I would like to hear some ideas on how to make [jagged dagger] useful since it is really good for magic.

Stack up on the user's melee offensive abilities and get him into combat? With 2A, xhw, Ws 5 and hatred a GBS isn't exactly a slouch in combat by default anyway.

As other posters have pointed out the dagger isn't a weapon at all, in fact it is an arcane item, so you can take a magic weapon to really improve the user's melee abilities.

If you come up against a lot of enemy characters Sword of Anti Heroes may be worth considering? Generally I put my GBS in the same unit as my Beasts Banner as this helps protect him nicely from Dwellers Below.

popisdead
08-12-2011, 20:44
has anyone been able to get much use out of the jagged dagger.

Yup! Have it every game (thanks to GW nerfing the oh so useful Power Scroll + Stone of Spite).

My GB-S setup is Add'l HW, 4+ Ward, Crown of Command. He casts Savage Beast of Horros on himself for 6 S7 attacks. He's T5 with a 4+ ward and WS 5. Pretty good at getting about 5 wounds a turn.

I recently read a build moving the stubborn-hat to the Beastlord and taking the Brasscleaver in hopes of 8 S7 attacks that are also magical (something lacking in the army).

malladin.ben
09-12-2011, 06:01
Here's a thought. Not sure about the exact wording, but how about a GBS on razorgor chariot with brass cleaver? Would he get to use the jagged dagger for the chariot's kills? Even still, you're probably looking at 4 extra attacks from the cleaver.

cool-kid-on-the-block
09-12-2011, 09:15
i dont think the chariot kills count but the extra frontage from the chariot makes brass cleaver good on him as well as slug skin which is attacks origination from him giving him extra dagger kills. however i wouldnt put him on a chariot personally as he is liable to sniping.

popisdead
09-12-2011, 21:03
Here's a thought. Not sure about the exact wording, but how about a GBS on razorgor chariot with brass cleaver? Would he get to use the jagged dagger for the chariot's kills? Even still, you're probably looking at 4 extra attacks from the cleaver.

Yup that's common.

Plus if you win combat you can reform (if you scouted and are in the flank) you can try to get +7 attacks from a steadfast unit on 20 mm.

malladin.ben
10-12-2011, 08:41
Yup that's common.

Plus if you win combat you can reform (if you scouted and are in the flank) you can try to get +7 attacks from a steadfast unit on 20 mm.

That's an interesting idea. I didn't think a GBS could take skin of man.

Ben

popisdead
12-12-2011, 22:53
I didn't think a GBS could take skin of man.

I thought it was Shaman only? And by Shaman Great ones are included ;)

ftayl5
18-12-2011, 07:20
I personally really like the Jagged Dagger Great Shaman, extra hand weapon and many limbs gives 4 attacks at S4 which is pretty good for wizard and should get you an extra dice or two as long as he isn't fighting knights or dwarfs.
Of course if he gets savage beast of horrors then that's even better, but even casting wyssans on his unit will effect him too.

Only problem is he clocks in at >300pts, for which you could get 3 level 1 shamans and a herdstone.

Although I think the combat shaman is a more versatile and useful character, there's no doubting the efficiency of the herdstar.

popisdead
19-12-2011, 19:33
Only problem is he clocks in at >300pts, for which you could get 3 level 1 shamans and a herdstone.

But one is Lord and the other is Hero. Different percentage slots.

I take a lvl 4 w/ the dagger and the Herdstone spam (plus a BSB and even a Doombull).

Beastmen have to have the characters and a lot to work so it's not uncommon to load up.

Munin
20-12-2011, 13:22
Jagged Dagger is fun. When you have Serrated Claws/Brass Cleaver and then got Savage Beasts, lots of attacks and then PDs. If combined with Herdstone the next magic phase is gonna be a nightmare for the opponent.

Also remember that the PD from JD doesn't have to count towards the 12 PD cap since you expand them when casting the spell :).