PDA

View Full Version : Demons of Chaos question

PoorFlory
08-12-2011, 12:44
Hello all,

I play dark elves, but I've been looking into starting a small doc list (which will, in turn, become huge...like they all do)

Here's the thing. I hate Khorne. I hate the models, I hate the fluff. I hate the price of Nurgle's models.

So, is a Slaanesh/Tzeentch army worth playing? As an added bonus, I happen to really like their models.

I mostly play for fun...but don't want to to lose every game..

Thoughts?

Thanks.

The bearded one
08-12-2011, 12:50
you're going to play daemons. Losing every game would be an astonishing accomplishment.

If anything, not using Khorne turns you into a daemonplayer people wouldn't mind playing against. You are not using the cheese, but there's plenty of power to be found in Slaanesh & Tzeentch. Go for it I say.

Arijharn
08-12-2011, 12:54
I think that of all the Daemons; Slaanesh and Tzeentch synergize exceptionally well together. In my opinon; Keeper of Secrets are the most killy non-adjusted Greater Daemon in the entire book with the combination of high strength, good amount of attacks, ASF, meteorically high initiative and armour piercing. Slaanesh also have very dirty tactics allowed to them with Siren Song etc.

Here's the rub though; against most match ups (other than perhaps Elves and humans), both core options really need magic support in one way or another due to the paltry strength. However, magic support is easy to give with Tzeentch loremasters (try using a Toughness hex on a Daemonette unit to really see some butcherin'). Words can not begin to really describe the carnage a Herald of Slaanesh with Many Armed and a horde of around 30-40 Daemonette's can create if they have something like Okkam's on them.

So, yes I think they're viable (atm I'm playing around with a 3000 pt Slaanesh/Tzeentch) list but they will require a bit more work in order to get right than if you just had Bloodletter's etc.