PDA

View Full Version : 1st time Lizard list(2000pts) please comment.

Kodamas
19-04-2006, 21:42
Hello all,

Here is my 2000pts Army that I would like to make. I currently have almost none of the models so you will see this army grow with each passing month. The thing is I have ne idea how it will play. I left out Saurus because I saw them as too slow for this army but I am kinda missing them already any ideas how to fit them in or any changes you would suggest.
Here is the army:

Saurus Oldblood on a Carnosaur @ 456 Pts
Light Armour
Shield
Spawnings of:Itzl, Tepok and Quetzl.

Magic Items

Burning Blade of Chotec
Aura of Quetzl

Skink Chief @ 120 Pts
Scout
Blowpipe
Light Armour

Magic Items

Piranha Blade
Enchanted Shield

Saurus Scar-Veteran @ 178 Pts
Great Weapon
Light Armour
Shield
Spawning of:Quetzl and Tepok

Magic Items

Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
Glyph Necklace

11 Skink Skirmishers @ 77 Pts
Scouting with Blowpipes

14 Skink Skirmishers @ 84 Pts
with Javelins and Shields

with Javelins and Shields

11 Skink Skirmishers @ 77 Pts
Scouting with Blowpipes

with Blowpipes

4 Kroxigors @ 232 Pts

4 Kroxigors @ 232 Pts

2 Salamander Hunting Packs @ 130 Pts

1 Stegadon @ 235 Pts

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 84

Total Army Cost: 1989

So what do you think? I am going to look into a Tepok Sacred spawning but this will be the normal list I would play with.
Currently I have no Idea how it would play having not played the lizards since the ravaging hoards list.

Please comment any hints or tips welcome.

Echos

Flypaper
20-04-2006, 01:39
Nice list. If you want to knock some points off I don't really think the Chief is necessary - particularly not with that much gear on him! I'd suggest moving the Piranha Blade to the Oldblood - which pretty much guarantees you full overkill in a challenge, and also makes him even better at hunting enemy big monsters - and just giving the Chief two hand weapons.

I find twelve is as good as fourteen when it comes to javelin skirmish screens, but since they're so cheap you may as well keep them as is unless you want the points for something else. :)

A third Salamander would add consistency to the pack and improve their chances at gutting full ranked units. It's not strictly necessary, though.

And I agree that Saurus are too slow for that build.

Dogskills
20-04-2006, 02:17
I also miss the saurus get rid of some skinks and loose one krox unit. Now that was not so hard was it ?