PDA

View Full Version : Necron Monolith Question

Fred_Scuttle
20-04-2006, 00:00
Good Evening Viewers!!!

I just got a Necron Monolith. Are they supposed to come with an assembly sheet? Mine did not.

Fred

Grimtuff
20-04-2006, 00:04
More than likely, you really think GW is run by sadists that want to see you struggle in constructing it (no, don't answer that!) :p

give Mail Order a ring, they'll sort it out

athamas
20-04-2006, 00:15
the us site might have a guide in there necron section!

marv335
20-04-2006, 00:17
i put mine together without instructions. it's not that hard a kit.

Fred_Scuttle
20-04-2006, 00:24
Marv - When you say without, do you mean you just did not use them - or your box did not have them as well?

marv335
20-04-2006, 00:34
if i remember correctly it had them, i just didn't use them.
i'm an engineer by trade. compared to rebuilding actual aircraft, gw models are easy. :D

ssorck
20-04-2006, 01:11
Try the side panels of the inside (bottom) box...

(Evil)Ash
20-04-2006, 01:26
come on! Your a man, we don't use instructions;)

Danny Internets
20-04-2006, 02:50
Don't worry, even with directions the pieces won't even come remotely close to fitting together in that kit. You'll need rubber bands, patience, and 1-2 miracles.

Buddha777
20-04-2006, 05:33
Don't worry, even with directions the pieces won't even come remotely close to fitting together in that kit. You'll need rubber bands, patience, and 1-2 miracles.
No kidding. The base where the central support shaft was supposed to go was warped so the 4 plates never sat right on it. That thing took forever to put and stay together. Actually had to ask a friend to help hold it while I glued. If I rember correctly the instructions are on the box (the inside one), but to be honest I think the lith is one of the most un-usefriendly of GW's models. Good Luck.

starlight
20-04-2006, 05:43
If it was that bad, you should have called GW to complain.

Danny Internets
20-04-2006, 05:49
If it was that bad, you should have called GW to complain.

Apologies make everything better!

Clang
20-04-2006, 08:27
a recentish issue of WD (Oz edition) had a good article on building the Monolith, including a few places where they suggest ignoring the official instructions and doing things in a different order.

gitburna
20-04-2006, 12:45
The troubl is the kit is made up of very big flat panels, thats why they warp a bit. Look at how thick the tiles in the new GW buildings have to be to stop the warping. As said, you just need to have a bit of nous about you and some patience and the monolith will fit together nicely. Rubber bands or masking tape help a lot:skull:

damz451
20-04-2006, 12:52
No kidding. The base where the central support shaft was supposed to go was warped so the 4 plates never sat right on it. That thing took forever to put and stay together. Actually had to ask a friend to help hold it while I glued. If I rember correctly the instructions are on the box (the inside one), but to be honest I think the lith is one of the most un-usefriendly of GW's models. Good Luck.

nothing is worse than crusader sponsons :|, it ended up glued to my hands instead of the model :(

(Evil)Ash
20-04-2006, 13:06
nothing is worse than crusader sponsons :|, it ended up glued to my hands instead of the model :(

oh my god, I had erased that from my memory:eek: Penitent engines are also a big pain in the bottom (I still haven't put my Trone of Judgement together out of fear for the same horror). once even glued my eye shut. my mom was wondering why I was running through the house while screaming and laughing as a maniac on fire (those were the days:p )

greetz,:evilgrin:

marv335
20-04-2006, 13:24
if you're building metal models, try "no more nails" glue. i've had good success with it.