PDA

View Full Version : 2250pts - Recently finished 2nd in Local Tourney

Simon23
20-04-2006, 01:32
Heroes

Aemraseph, High Warden – 290
General, War Dancer Kindred, Blades of Loec, Annoyance of Netlings, Amaranthine Broach

Marduss, Acolyte of Willow - 155
Level II, Longbow, Hail of Doom Arrow

Sabriel, Acolyte of Oak - 180
Level II, Longbow, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll

Core

10 Glade Guard - 120

10 Glade Guard - 120

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads – 96

8 Dryads – 96

8 Dryads – 96

5 Glade Riders - 129

Special

8 Wardancers - 144

6 Wild Riders - 174
Standard, Musician

6 Wild Riders - 174
Standard, Musician

4 Treekin - 260

Rare

5 Waywatchers – 120

2250 pts.

With a treeman included my army would look like this,

Heroes

General, War Dancer Kindred, Blades of Loec, Annoyance of Netlings, Amaranthine Broach

Core

10 Glade Guard - 120

10 Glade Guard - 120

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads – 96

8 Dryads – 96

5 Glade Riders - 129

Special

8 Wardancers - 144

6 Wild Riders - 174
Standard, Musician

6 Wild Riders - 174
Standard, Musician

3 Treekin - 195

Rare

Treeman – 285

2254 pts.

Which IMHO is too small.

ROCKY
20-04-2006, 01:51
Very good list. (yet again the wardancer...lol) the only changes I would make is dropping the treekin and getting a treeman (treekin are too pricey compare to what they can do, plus imho dryads are almost as good and only 12points) and I would drop one unit of dryads to make points for the treeman (so you have 71points still) that means you can add one more waywatcher, and add a couple more glade guard.

Simon23
20-04-2006, 02:04
I LOVE my highborn, he is a master of pain!! Rank and File fall like chaff, Characters can`t even hit him in challenges, then he killing blows them....This guy is one of the best characters in the game. ;)

A treeman can be taken out in 2 turns against any gunline army. They`re also susceptible to ranked units etc. I`ve already got 290pts in my highborn the idea of another 285pts in another single model seems to be pushing it to me. I know strangleroot can be awesome and the extra treesinging is useful but treekin are superior imho.

Less points, more wounds, more attacks....can`t go wrong! :D

ROCKY
20-04-2006, 15:42
I LOVE my highborn, he is a master of pain!! Rank and File fall like chaff, Characters can`t even hit him in challenges, then he killing blows them....This guy is one of the best characters in the game. ;)

A treeman can be taken out in 2 turns against any gunline army. They`re also susceptible to ranked units etc. I`ve already got 290pts in my highborn the idea of another 285pts in another single model seems to be pushing it to me. I know strangleroot can be awesome and the extra treesinging is useful but treekin are superior imho.

Less points, more wounds, more attacks....can`t go wrong! :D
not entirely true. While endeed you will have more attacks and wounds, the treeman has better T (6) S(6) has enough wounds and a superior armor save (not includin the wardsave and tree singing!) plus as you mentioned he has the strangle root attack. He is also good in the flank!, he is fast, and causes terror, so you might scare low leadership creatures off with him, plus he is stubborn.

Xavier
20-04-2006, 18:32
In my opinion your lacking in magic defence. If you hadn't said you like your highborn I would have said drop it for a level 4 with the wand of wych elm, but in your case i'd try and get a branchwraith with the cluster of radiants and level 1 upgrade, extra 2 dispel dice.

I would personally go with the treeman, but thats just because I dislike treekin, you say they will die to a gun line, but they are drawing firepower and if you get ariels blessing off on them they are rather resilient. Plus you can hide behind terrain and avoid the worst of the enemy shooting.

Failing getting a treeman I would atleast try and get a great eagle in there, these can be invaluable at mage hunting and march blocking.

All in all it is rather similar to my list with a few key differences. I only have a level 4 with the wand, a branch wraith with cluster, level 1 and paegant and 2 Nobles one being a bsb. Only 2 Units of dryads, and 2 units of glade guard, one unit of glade riders, then 3 warhawks 5 wild riders and 2 units of war dancers, 5 way watchers and the treeman.

Simon23
20-04-2006, 18:44
One list I have thought about is the following,

Heroes

Core

10 Glade Guard - 120

10 Glade Guard - 120

8 Dryads - 96

8 Dryads – 96

8 Dryads – 96

8 Dryads – 96

5 Glade Riders - 129

Special

8 Wardancers - 126

6 Wild Riders - 174
Standard, Musician

6 Wild Riders - 174
Standard, Musician

7 Wild Riders - 242
Standard, Musician, War Banner

Rare

5 Waywatchers – 120

Great Eagle - 50

Autobreaking on the charge has never been easier. Hee Hee

Xavier
20-04-2006, 18:54
You need to be careful with wild riders, alot of people i've seen just charge them in the front, granted on the odd occasion they have won, but it is normally suicide.

Simon23
20-04-2006, 19:04
I usually hold my Wild Riders in reserve until my opponent has met my tree spirits front on. Then they whip round the flanks.

If your wild riders are being charged in the front, your doing something wrong. I`ve been charged in the flank when my riders fail to break them first turn but even that is a rare event as even just one dryad unit in the front and a 6 man wild rider unit in the flank should autobreak most units in the first round. :)

I even charge the front of units with wardancers :angel: and then flank with wild riders, the amount of damage you can do is awesome. :cheese: I`ve seen break tests at -9 LMAO!

Xavier
20-04-2006, 19:35
Yep combined charges are the way to go, I normally have one unit of dryads with each unit of fast cavalary and the 2 war dancer units running round sitting in woods waiting for the enemy to go past, noone normally wants to walk past a unit of war dancers, which gives even more time for shooting them.

But yea, a unit in the front and a unit in the flank or rear will break just about anything. Same with most armys and most units..

Simon23
20-04-2006, 21:03
Except we have a MAJOR advantage in speed, amount of fast cavalry, skirmishers, large numbers of small units and best march blockers in eagles and waywatchers...

But if you listened to me you`d think Asrai were the only race in WH. :o