PDA

View Full Version : 2000point Sundering List

captainsebastian
10-12-2011, 16:42
I've been playing High Elves for 12 years. I spent that time thinking of how cool it would be to have a themed list of High Elves. This relies primarily on the Tiranoc, Shadow Lands, Chrace, and Ellyrian provinces since these are the ones that are constantly raided by Dark Elves or at least help each other. With this edition (and my sudden realization that 1 more box of white lions will due the trick) I finally have it.

Lv 4 Archmage (Lore of Metal)
-Floriah's Robes
-Silver Wand

BSB (Great Weapon)
-Armour of Caledor
-Dawn Stone

28 Spearmen (Command) (BSB's unit)
-Warbanner

20 Archers (Standard, Musician) (Mage's unit)

15 White Lions (Command)
-Banner of Eternal Flame

15 White Lions (Command)
-Banner of Sorcery

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Tiranoc Chariot

5 Ellyrian Reavers (Musician, Bow, Spear)

5 Shadow Warriors.

The BSB is in the Spearmen unit to give the extra support/combat rez. I know the archers isn't the standard 30 size but this unit is more of a last support. I've also had High success with units of 15 White Lions and chariot support if needed. I am not apposed to making the white Lions larger and Archers larger.

Thoughts?

HalfBlood
10-12-2011, 19:33
Well dont play High Elves, however I play a very magic heavy army, (daemons)

My question for you is why would you take a level 4 Metal, when their are so many better lores like life/shadow. I dont know what lores Archmages are able to take but Metal just wont cut it. Metal is very situational, (great vs bretonians), however terrible vs daemons or any army with low armor save like Elves.

captainsebastian
11-12-2011, 18:14
Well dont play High Elves, however I play a very magic heavy army, (daemons)

My question for you is why would you take a level 4 Metal, when their are so many better lores like life/shadow. I dont know what lores Archmages are able to take but Metal just wont cut it. Metal is very situational, (great vs bretonians), however terrible vs daemons or any army with low armor save like Elves.

I've actually used lore of metal for 2 months now. The extra 5+ armour is nice, as well as the +1 to hit, armour piercing. Basically with the range of armies I've fought it has helped as a general purpose (pending of what spells you get).Shadow would probably fit with my theme.

Archmages could take any lore.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
12-12-2011, 10:26
I've been playing High Elves for 12 years. I spent that time thinking of how cool it would be to have a themed list of High Elves. This relies primarily on the Tiranoc, Shadow Lands, Chrace, and Ellyrian provinces since these are the ones that are constantly raided by Dark Elves or at least help each other. With this edition (and my sudden realization that 1 more box of white lions will due the trick) I finally have it.

Lv 4 Archmage (Lore of Metal)
-Floriah's Robes
-Silver Wand

BSB (Great Weapon)
-Armour of Caledor
-Dawn Stone

28 Spearmen (Command) (BSB's unit)
-Warbanner

20 Archers (Standard, Musician) (Mage's unit)

15 White Lions (Command)
-Banner of Eternal Flame

15 White Lions (Command)
-Banner of Sorcery

Lion Chariot of Chrace

Tiranoc Chariot

5 Ellyrian Reavers (Musician, Bow, Spear)

5 Shadow Warriors.

The BSB is in the Spearmen unit to give the extra support/combat rez. I know the archers isn't the standard 30 size but this unit is more of a last support. I've also had High success with units of 15 White Lions and chariot support if needed. I am not apposed to making the white Lions larger and Archers larger.

Thoughts?

Hmm... Interesting army list. Just a few of changes I would like to suggest.

1) I think Guardian Phoenix would be better than Dawnstone on the BSB. Reason being is that since you're running Lore of Metal there aren't many buffs there that can give the unit he's in a ward or regen save. Also the re-roll to armor save won't really help against units/characters with high strength.

2) I'd probably downgrade the lion chariot to another Tiranoc Chariot, downgrade the Spearmen by 4 in order to increase the numbers of White Lions in your force (either making one WL unit 21 strong for a 7x3 frontage or both WL units 18 man for a 6x3 frontage).

3) Or downgrading the Lion chariot & 4 spearmen into two Tiranoc chariots and giving the Guardian in the WL unit with the banner of sorcery the Ironcurse Icon for added shooting protection against war machines.