PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnia question for a WHF newb

AnthonyLR13
11-12-2011, 01:06
im coming over from 40k and although the bretonnia book is older, i love the idea behind the army and remember playing them when i was way younger with my uncle. So i wanna start a bretonnia army, and was wondering are they even semi competative in the 8th edition?

tezdal
11-12-2011, 01:17
I play 'em still, although 8th edition nerfed cav. you can still play, although peasant heavy and with a plethora of trebs seems pretty popular lately.

The Low King
11-12-2011, 03:08
Yes.

Every army can win in 8th, unlike 7th.
Whatever some people try to claim, even woodelves can be very good in the hands of a good general.

Also, brettonian knights are the ones that are still very good in 8th as they can get the ranks to break steadfast and get more attacks than others.

Go for the Brets, they can still smash face very well. They are the army I'm most scared of facing with my VC.:eek:

Duke Ramulots
11-12-2011, 08:43
My brets don't win with the regularity they did in 7th(if i got the charge I won), but are still fun to play and have competetive in all games.

Lantern
11-12-2011, 09:36
My favourite thing about my Bretonnians is just the huge degree to which opponents underestimate them. There are actually a few very strong builds to the Bretonnians, fluctuating between fully mounted cavalry lists to a massed horde (you can get 100 peasants on the table for 500 points!!!!). Pegasus heavy lists can outmanoeuvre the opponent and nibble away at them, slowly bleeding your opponents to death etc etc, the list goes on.

Charistoph
11-12-2011, 20:38
I play 'em still, although 8th edition nerfed cav. you can still play, although peasant heavy and with a plethora of trebs seems pretty popular lately.

Cavalry may have been nerfed, but the Bretonnians have probably felt it less than most other armies (due to Lance Formation, though, that was touch and go for a while).