PDA

View Full Version : Army Points Composition Rules

sneakydust
12-12-2011, 05:34
Hey, quick set of questions...

Firstly, do the "maximum type choices" displayed in the army books still apply as well as the 8th ed composition rules for 25% lord, 25% heros etc. or do you simply use the composition rules in the 8th ed rule book?

Secondly, dragons take up a hero choice. Does this mean that the points for the dragon go towards the hero limit of 25% or do the points go under the points for the lord riding the dragon, contributing instead to the 25% lord choice limit?

And thirdly, when it comes to victory points, if a lord's/hero's monster mount survives the game but the lord is killed, are victory points given for killing the lord/hero but not the mount? My understanding is that the untire unit needs to be killed for victory points to be awarded, so if this is the case are the bonus points for killing the general still awarded even though the points for killing his unit are not given if the monster survives?

Sorry about the long questions but they will help me in designing my 8th ed army.

TheOneHawk
12-12-2011, 17:52
1) No, only the ones in the 8th ed rule book.

2) This was erratta'd at the beginning of 8th ed. This rule no longer exists, and dragon's only come out of the lord %.

3) You need to kill the entire model.

Mr_Rose
12-12-2011, 18:08
Hey, quick set of questions...

Firstly, do the "maximum type choices" displayed in the army books still apply as well as the 8th ed composition rules for 25% lord, 25% heros etc. or do you simply use the composition rules in the 8th ed rule book?

Secondly, dragons take up a hero choice. Does this mean that the points for the dragon go towards the hero limit of 25% or do the points go under the points for the lord riding the dragon, contributing instead to the 25% lord choice limit?

And thirdly, when it comes to victory points, if a lord's/hero's monster mount survives the game but the lord is killed, are victory points given for killing the lord/hero but not the mount? My understanding is that the untire unit needs to be killed for victory points to be awarded, so if this is the case are the bonus points for killing the general still awarded even though the points for killing his unit are not given if the monster survives?

Sorry about the long questions but they will help me in designing my 8th ed army.
1&2 are both covered by the errata that have been issued for every army book. It would probably be a good idea to check those out , especially the one for your particular army so that you don't get caught out by something that doesn't work any more.

3. The character and his mount are one Unit, consisting of one model with two parts; VPs are awarded for Units, not models or parts of models.

Dreadlordpaul
13-12-2011, 10:43
I have just checked the FAQ and it says you have to kill both the mount and the character to get the victory points. So you could kill the rider but you wont get the points unless the beast is dead