PDA

View Full Version : 1500 WoC --> Am I failing at tactics or is it just a bad list

Zirkonicky
12-12-2011, 07:35
Hey guys,

I'm not an experienced player (yet) and I'd like your input on my most recent armylist. I keep failing games (playing against Tomb Kings on a weekly basis an sometimes a game against O&G) and I'm starting to wonder if it's just my lack of insight in the game or that it has something to do with my army list.

I'll post my 'normal list' first. Yesterday I thought I'd make a new list, but it also failed horribly, so I will put that one up next.

First list

Sorcerer, lvl 2, chaos steed, MoN, spell familiar, dispell scroll 186 pt
Sorcerer, book of secrets, dispell scroll 125 pt
Hero, MoK, Axe of Khorne 170 pt
Hero, MoN, BSB, Festering Shroud 160 pt

Marauder Horsemen (5x), MoS, Light Armour, Trowing Spears, Musician 91 pt
Marauder Horsemen (5x), MoS, Light Armour, Trowing Spears, Musician 91 pt
Marauders (32x), Light Armour, Great Weapons 200 pt
Chaos Wariors (24x), MoN, Shields, champ+bearer, festering shroud 505 pt

Total 1498

New list
Sorcerer, lvl 2, chaos steed, MoN, spell familiar, dispell scroll 186 pt
Sorcerer, lvl 2 book of secrets, dispell scroll, shield 175 pt
Hero, MoK, Axe of Khorne 170 pt
Hero, MoN, BSB, Festering Shroud 160 pt

Warhounds (5x) 30 pt
Warhounds (5x) 30 pt
Marauders (32x), Light Armour, Great Weapons 200 pt
Chaos Wariors (12x), MoN, Shields, champ+bearer, festering shroud 271 pt
Chaos Wariors (12x), MoK, AHW, champ+bearer, Blasted standard 281 pt

(sorry, couldn't find the list anymore so not sure on the points. It was below 1500 though)

untimention
12-12-2011, 07:43
this is just a quick note:

2 much investment in magic def.......... also why warhounds?

and why Marauders with GW?

I would say 2 characters max!

Marauders with Flails.... they get the +2 s and are likely to go first rather then last... with only light armour that is likely to be NO SAVE.

Use the points to bulk your warriors out a bit.... i would say 5 or 6 wide.

zielonkak
12-12-2011, 08:26
firstly, too many points into characters...u need a sorcer and a bsb....i would take a sorcerer lord, and an exalted bsb...that gives u some magic and a tough hero...you can now only have 1 dispell scroll also. i would kit the bsb with good save and some pop for combat. the sorcer should have some protection and something to help with casting.i would keep the marauders with great weapons, but loose the armor and give them mark of khorne, and make them atleast 40. i would run the chaos warriors 18 or so with halbreds....they will kill mostly anthything....with the extra points i would look at something that has pop for flanking and hitting hard...either a giant or shaggoth or knights...and i would keep the warhounds...some of the best units in the game for the cost...

zielonkak
12-12-2011, 08:35
i would stick bsb in warriors and the sorcerer in the marauders....use the blocks for your center and rush the enemy as fast as you can....against orcs they will probably beat you to it with animosty...but against TK it should be you charging...with the sorcerer, i would go shadow magic or fire against TK and shadow or death against orcs...shadows pit of shades is insane against undead's inititive...

Chaos Undecided
12-12-2011, 11:05
As already stated you're spending too many points on heroes at this points level you've only got 375 to spend on them in 8th edition.

Changes are pretty much per the last posters recommendations tbh, much as I'm a fan of big monsters I'd probably go with some Knights before the giant or shaggoth though.

Deathbysoup
12-12-2011, 11:19
Give the Marauders Mark of Khorne. Drop both wizards and have 1 lvl 3 with either puppet or dispel scroll. Eye of tzeentch is also pretty pimp.

You might wanna up the marauders to 40+ and drop a unit of those warriors and make one unit of 18..

The best WoC combos are usually mark of nurgle with banner of rage and Halberds or cheaper is MoK with halberds and banner of swiftness.

You might wanna consider throwing in a warshrine also...makes a massive difference.