PDA

View Full Version : Command squad.

The Lion's Shade
12-12-2011, 11:48
Can i use the Marneus Calgar model as a dark angels company master. Also could I use the standard bearer of his honor guard as a dark angels chapter banner.:confused:

Godzooky
12-12-2011, 11:54
Page 89 of the 40K rulebook is quite clear on this: "Under no circumstances can you use the Marneus Calgar model as a dark angels company master. Also, you may not use the standard bearer of his honor guard as a dark angels chapter banner."

Sorry, bud.

Jim
12-12-2011, 12:00
@ The Lion's Shade: Ignore Godzooky for long enough and eventually he will leave you alone :p

Otherwise, feel free to use whatever models you like - just be sure to point out to you opponent at the start of the game what they represent to avoid any confusion

Jim

NixonAsADaemonPrince
12-12-2011, 12:02
Godzooky has it there, it's a very clear rule. Though it's actually page 92.

Seriously, as long as you equip them to reflect their actual wargear (So the Dark Angel Company Master would have to have 2 Power Fists) then you're fine to go.

The Lion's Shade
12-12-2011, 12:08
What about the chapter champion.

Godzooky
12-12-2011, 12:11
No. page 57 explicitly states...... :D

Just convert them in line with the wargear you're loading them up with and it'll be fine.

It's your hobby.

AmKhaibitu
12-12-2011, 14:10
You know I always wondered why they included that rule, but now it makes perfect sense.

Just make sure that you remove the chapter badge and symbols as well as don't paint him blue.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
12-12-2011, 14:23
You know I always wondered why they included that rule, but now it makes perfect sense.

It comes up a quite a bit, a pretty common situation.

Lowmans
12-12-2011, 22:14
Can i use the Marneus Calgar model as a dark angels company master. Also could I use the standard bearer of his honor guard as a dark angels chapter banner.:confused:

You can do whatever you like. There are some really nice Dark Angel models to choose from as well, though. They're very nice to paint too.

Good luck :)

huitzilopochtli
14-12-2011, 01:23
Page 89 of the 40K rulebook is quite clear on this: "Under no circumstances can you use the Marneus Calgar model as a dark angels company master. Also, you may not use the standard bearer of his honor guard as a dark angels chapter banner."

Sorry, bud.

The latest FAQ says you CAN use Calgar as a dark angels company master, just not at the same time as you use his standard bearer as a dark angels chapter banner. Just wanted to clear that up. :angel:

For a real answer, see Lowmans' post.

sigur
14-12-2011, 01:45
When such questions pop up, talk to the people you play with, not the internet. ;)

Okuto
14-12-2011, 03:11
Better close your windows....matt ward will be hunting you down....

Gooner
14-12-2011, 16:37
Actually Page 91 specifically states you can only use him as a Dark Angles chapter master IF you are under the age of 12. Anyone older than 12 must not be obsessed with Marneus Calgar.

The Chapter Banner doesnt seem to have any rules reffering to it, unless I missed it in the FAQ.

Lowmans
14-12-2011, 23:00
Tut! Shame on you guys trying to confuse, he can do whatever he likes

Cry of the Wind
14-12-2011, 23:18
Tut! Shame on you guys trying to confuse, he can do whatever he likes

Never!

The Lion's Shade can do whatever he likes only if his opponents are not twits and ban his creativity (or lack thereof). I would never have an issue but some people out there might, just fair warning for you. Also these things cost too much as it is, no need to restrict someone for wanting to use a model they like with the colours they like as long as it still lets everyone have a fair and non-confusing game.

grey knights rock
14-12-2011, 23:26
also make sure to get rid of all of the ultramarine parafanalia all over him.

Cry of the Wind
14-12-2011, 23:29
also make sure to get rid of all of the ultramarine parafanalia all over him.

Isn't that there to remind him about how he really wishes he was an Ultramarine though?

Freman Bloodglaive
15-12-2011, 03:33
Well I'm planning to use the model for Azrael for a generic Chapter Master, so go ahead, knock yourself out.