colossus
AHW

colossus
AHW

casket of souls

total 2400pts

he had roughly

lvl 4 with book of hoeth (shadow) mindrazor, pit, -toughness and - strength
lvl 2 with seer staff and gives unit magical attacks (high magic) fury of kain and arrow attraction
bsb with great weapon, dragon armour and banner of sourcery

10 archers musician
10 archers musician
10 archers musician
19 archers banner and musician and flaming attacks (lvl2 here)
24 spearmen full command
24 spearmen full command
25 spearmen full command (lvl 4 and bsb here)

4 bolt throwers
3 eagles

his deployment was is lvl 4 and bsb in the centre and archers and bolt throwers spread across the field, the other two spearmen on either flank.

my deployment, knights in the middle along with the two giants, bunker behind, archers either side of the knights then the sphinx's then the chariots, casket right at the back.

my first turn nothing much of note, managed too reduce two eagles to 1 wound each, got the movement spell off on the boosted version.

his first turn, i deployed my giants 1 inch apart so he put pit of shades in the middle of them and rolled double 5 for irresistible! killed both. heavy fire on the unit of chariots on my left killed them outright. killed one knight.

my second turn, i moved forward. got the movement spell of again, boosted. brought back a knight on one wound. shoot some archers and bolt throwers did a wound here and there, no panic checks though. eagles hiding behind units now. im all set up for charges next turn with nearly everything.

his second turn, he charged his unit of 19 + lvl 2 into my knights, failed by 1 inch. charged my chariots with his spearmen, failed by one inch. moved eagles infront of both units n the remaining moves phase. he cast pit with treble 3 making it irresistible on my sphinx on the right, scattered onto the chariots and losing one but saving the others. tried to cast drain magic but i stopped it, then cast -1 toughness on the already wounded knights with double something, making it irresistible. he shoot the chariot unit in till there was one wound left but no more shooting. shoot the knights again losing 3 wounds again.

my third turn, knights (full wounds on the left) charged the eagle, the sphinxs on my right charged the eagle in the way of the chariot, failed its terror check and run, i redirect towards the spearmen successfully. the freed up chariot on one wound charges the bolt thrower. the sphinx on my left charges the other spearmen, which also fails terror check and runs to safety.the knights (the wounded unit) charged the third eagle in front of it.
magic not alot gets off this time. shooting, a few wounds here and there on spearmen and archers. combat, the full units of knights kills the eagle and turns to face the large archer unit. the wounded unit of knights kills the eagle and falls short of the spearmen with the lvl 4 in. the chariot kills the bolt thrower and panics a unit of archers of the board then overruns but stays on the board. the sphinx vs the spearmen took 4 wounds, but did a ridiculous amount in return using the thundercrush attack, breath attack and thunder stomp leaving the unit wth nine guys. the unit fails his stubborn roll and not iin range for the re roll, so runs i fail to catch them, but the eagle (that fled from the terror check) fled again and off the board.

his turn 3, his large unit of spearmen charged the full unit of knights, and made the charge. a unit of 9 archers charged the wounded unit of knights, and made it. this was one knight and two archers in base to base as a bolt thrower was in the way. both spearmen units rallied. magic, midrazer was cast on the large archer unit with double 6 this time. he rolled 11 on the table losing mindrazor and -1 strength. he cast curse of arrow attraction on the chariot, tried drain magic i stopped it, then wiith my last two dice i got rid of the remains in play spell on the knights. shooting, the chariot died, tried killing the last wound from the sphinx but failed. combat, the mindrazor archers failed there fear check, and combat was won by the archers by 2 or 3 which left me with two knights one on one wound.the archers and the wounded knights fighting courner to courner was a draw.

my turn 4, i charged the wounded sphinx back into the nine spearmen and got in. the other sphinx went on a long charge towards a bolt thrower needed 10, with the overrun it would have taken me into his unit with the lvl4 in. but he failed. magic, gave smiting to an archer unit, tried to move every thing within 24 inches but he stopped me. shootng felt wasted as my only real target with the archers with smiting was a bolt thrower with 1 wound left. i killed it though. combat, the mindrazer archers killed the knights and turned to face the hirophants unit. the other knights won combat agianst the archers on the courner and cut them down and run into the bolt thrower. the sphinx vs the spearmen serviived the attacks and then killed them to the last man.

his turn 4, the big unit of archers charge my lvl 4 unit. his lvl 4 unit charges my knights in the flank. magic he didn't irresistible force the -1 toughness spell on my knights so i stopped it. shooting i dont think he had any left at this point, maybe one bolt thrower, but it did nothing if there was one! combat, his unit of archers killed my hirophant, i won combat and cut him down. the knights kill the war machine, his bsb fails to do any thing followed by me making all my saves from the unit. i roll killing blow on his lvl 4 and then kill his bsb, i win combat and cut him down.

he then concedes at this point.

i personally thought it was a very good game and enjoyed it from start to finish, bit disappointed that ii lost 625pts in his 1st turn, but hey, thats the game.

i think the list worked quite well and fits in with my game play, but i moved my hirophant to aggressively and he found combat, which is of course bad! lol hope i didnt waffle too much

ky

kingrossi
13-12-2011, 09:39
good report

kyinpie
14-12-2011, 04:29
thank you! :)

LevDaddy
15-12-2011, 21:20
Aside from the lack of SHIFT key use - Great report!

I take you don't roll for scenarios? That's an auto-lose if you rolled BnG.

Olannon
16-12-2011, 00:11
You know that with Book of Hoeth you still need to meet the casting value to get off Irrestistible Force, right? Triple 3's for example is not, in itself, enough for Pit of Shades.

Good win though, that army is rather nasty. I don't get why the HE was so eager to get in combat. He should've stayed back and let withering + pit do its job, waiting for you to come to him and use eagles to get favourable combats (preferably ones where mindrazor or withering is present).

Malduran
16-12-2011, 20:28
Nice report dude, i hate facing off against the book of hoeth and the fact u won after loosing both bone giants to it turn 1. Well done. Shame you dont have any pics though.
Keep up the battle reports.

GrandmasterWang
20-12-2011, 04:13
Enjoyed that. I saw your list and thought, 'nice, double bone giant combo, can't wait to see what they do'... then you lost them both first turn. That was really unlucky.

Enigmatik1
21-12-2011, 13:17
Enjoyed that. I saw your list and thought, 'nice, double bone giant combo, can't wait to see what they do'... then you lost them both first turn. That was really unlucky.

Same.

Sadly, Bone Giants are like that more than any other unit in our book, except maybe Stalkers. Big Bone runs hot and cold himself but the likelihood of him surviving the first turn against a Shadow-army is highly unlikely since he has the most damage potential of any unit we can field and because his Initiative is a big, fat, stinking 1.

Great BR in any event. Next time you field 2 Colossi...run Settra. :p

TsukeFox
24-12-2011, 17:16
"it was a monster mash-!"

Go go Tomb Kings-!

w3rm
25-12-2011, 12:42
That tomb king list is freaking scary... Necro Knights are straight up awseome!