PDA

View Full Version : Warrior or Beast?

overlordofnobodies
12-12-2011, 20:38
Ok before the new Beastmen book. I got a great deal on two beastmen herd but before I started them I heard rumors of 8th and resides to wait. Well I ended up getting Ogre Kingdom and then Tomb Kings.

I try to sell the box but I never find any one but I'm starting to think of try a chaos army.

See as I have some Beastmen units. I was thinking about them but after some deep thinking. I find my self what to do a full chaos army and after some looking. I find out the Warrior of chaos will be the best for this.

I was thinking of using the gor and ungor as Marauders,Minotaurs as Chaos ogre..ect

But before I start this. I will like to see what other think. So what will be the saver army to do Warrior or Beast?

12-12-2011, 20:55
Honestly you already have the Beastmen go for it. Does not make much sense to go get models you don't have yet if you are thinking of using beastmen anyways.

colonel kane trine
12-12-2011, 21:09
Il buy them

minionboy
12-12-2011, 21:22
Beasts are a fun army, but an uphill battle, also, it may actually cost more to get a good beastman army than warriors, even with a head start.

Makaber
12-12-2011, 21:25
If you want to play Beastmen, just play Beastmen. It's a really solid book once you weed out the weak stuff and stick with the stuff that works. I have both Beasts and Warriors and find the Beastmen by far the most fun list to play.

If you want to play Warriors, just use the Gors and Ungors as Marauders and get Warriors models for the rest. Otherwise it just seems like your're trying to shoehorn a Beastmen army into a different rules set.

Morkash
12-12-2011, 23:19
And if you do want to keep the option to take both to a later point, there is always the option of a Great Host of Chaos (Tamurkhan), since it pretty much isthe full Chaos army you actually seek!

Until then, I'd also say go for Beastmen.

popisdead
12-12-2011, 23:20
It is very rewarding and gratifying to win with Beastmen. They have amazing Magic and Combat phases and if you like beating the tar out of things with combat that's a great army to do it with.

The Herdstone (http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?act=idx) has a wealth of great information on playing the Beastmen army.

dimetri1
13-12-2011, 04:01
play Beastmen, there are not enough Beastmen players out there. Way to many WoC.

overlordofnobodies
13-12-2011, 13:38
I just what to say thanks for your comment. It looks like Beastmen got the most vote so far. I think I will go and look at Herdstone.

Dreadlordpaul
13-12-2011, 13:40
Warriors as we have armour and the gods love us

The bearded one
13-12-2011, 14:15
By playing beastmen you contribute to the diversification of the meta; play beasts. You'll be like a xenos player in 40K: unique.

ArtificerArmour
13-12-2011, 22:30
Play warriors. I play beasts and dont like rival beast players

bolshie
13-12-2011, 23:05
Play beasts.

popisdead
14-12-2011, 19:39
Warriors as we have armour

Which is why Beastmen are better, it's OK to take wounds as we dont' get a save anyway and aren't paying for it, re: Lore of Metal ;-)

decker_cky
14-12-2011, 21:21
Having no armour saves helps you speed up the games you play (makes up for all the time spent rerolling).

Korraz
14-12-2011, 22:30
Despite the flak I give them: Beasts, the TRUE servants of chaos. Why choose the lesser evil?