PDA

View Full Version : Legion of Azgorh question on the Bale Taurus/Great Taurus

Memnos
13-12-2011, 08:31
Hey guys! I wanted to get your input in to something. I suspect in the heat of a game, it won't matter what a bunch of people on the internet said, but I thought it best to ask ahead of time. ;)

If you wound on a 2+ and get a +1 to wound, such as with Lore of Fire, then you automatically wound.

Is the reverse true? The Bale Taurus/Great Taurus force people to have -1 to wound them. Does this mean that S 4/3 will automatically fail to wound them?

How likely do you think it is that deliberately hunting down units with those stats will result in an argument that this is, in fact, not the case?

Satan
13-12-2011, 08:52
IIRC you can never wound on a roll of 1+ unless specifically stated - it's still a 2+, just like for your armour save. I would also assume the opposite is true, since you can always wound on a roll of 6+ according to the table in the rulebook.

Memnos
13-12-2011, 08:58
IIRC you can never wound on a roll of 1+ unless specifically stated - it's still a 2+, just like for your armour save. I would also assume the opposite is true, since you can always wound on a roll of 6+ according to the table in the rulebook.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1920636a_FAQ_Warhammer_Rulebook__V1_5.pdf

I'll quote the relevant FAQ:

Q: Does a To Wound roll of a 1 always fail to Wound? (p42, 51)
A: No. Though it is very rare for a model to be able to Wound
on a 1+.

So it definitely works one way, I'm just wondering about the reverse.

Satan
13-12-2011, 09:02
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1920636a_FAQ_Warhammer_Rulebook__V1_5.pdf

I'll quote the relevant FAQ:

So it definitely works one way, I'm just wondering about the reverse.

That settles that one then. And thus I'd see no reason as to why the example you wrote wouldn't come to pass - since the table in the rulebook doesn't go lower than 2+, and the worst to-wound roll you can get is a 6+ (IIRC) that would be the standard - but seeing as how the FAQ clearly allows you to muck about with it in one direction it should be the same in the other one.

Although IMO they ought to be able to wound him on a roll of 6+.

Memnos
13-12-2011, 12:29
Yeah. That was the conclusion I came to, but I didn't want to whip that out and have people think I was being a dink about it. I'll probably discuss it with the other person ahead of time. I don't want to be that guy who sees an FAQ and loves springing it on the opponent after they've made decisions and moved half the game based on thinking something else.

benjitodd86
14-12-2011, 22:02
I agree with Satan, in fantasy you should always be able to wound on a 6. I didn't realise about that auto wounding thing... makes the flaming sword of rhuin on great weapons very appealing...