PDA

View Full Version : 2250p Orcs'n'Gobbos

Kromgrog da Git
20-04-2006, 10:16
Actually it is a tournament list, but I prefere balanced fluff armies... no powergamer!

Lord:
Blackorc Warboss @ 225p
-Greatweapon, Boar, D'sDAA, Best Bighboss 'At

Heros:
Goblin Shaman @ 152p
-Lev.2, Wolf, Dispell, Nibblaz Itty Ring
Nightgoblin Shaman @ 145p
-Lev.2, Dispell, Dangly Wotnotz

Core:
22 Orcs @ 174p
-Add. Handweapon, full Command
20 Orcs @ 260p
-Big 'Uns, Shield, Spear, Music, Standard (Waaagh! Banner)
6 Wolfriders @ 90p
-Spear, Shield, Bow, Music
5 Wolfsriders @ 76p
5 Wolfriders @ 76p
2 Snotling Swarms @ 50p
21 Nightgoblins @ 121p
-3 Fanatics, Musik
21 Nightgoblins @ 67
-1 Fanatic

Special:
15 Blackorcs @ 238p
-Greatweapons, full Command (Nogg's)
2 Wolfcariots @ 130p
- 1 add. Goblin, 7 Spears
2 Spear chukkas @ 70p

Rare:
3 Rivertrolls @ 180p
Giant @ 205p

2248p

The army did quite well against dwars, chaos and tomb kings...
coments please

ROCKY
20-04-2006, 15:46
first off, I would take the orc off the boar,and stick him with the normal orcs. also I am not really fond of the snotlings and would rather beef up the black orcs, also I would consider taking a rock lobber.

Edit: no gobbos?

Arnizipal
20-04-2006, 20:11
I agree with Rocky.

Also condisder taking your shaman off his wolf. It's not a good idea to hide in small units of fast cav and there's no other cover for him.

Kromgrog da Git
21-04-2006, 06:39
the snotlings are in because of the fluff and to slow other units... and because i liked them (man they killed two chaos knights last game...)

The Warboss was actually in a regiment but i took him out because he does better with the rivertrolls... KILLER!

And the Goblin on wolf is that fast that he can be use everywhere on the battlefield and is quite hard to catch... and easy to ralley near the warboss

the spear chukkas are to good choice as i would let 'em at home. especially against chaos lords on demonic steed... ;)

Mad Makz
21-04-2006, 06:58
Ok, I thought the army looked a little small for 2250 points, and so I added up all the points costs listed, and I got under 2100 points! Sure you haven't missed something out?

Kromgrog da Git
21-04-2006, 07:14
argh! forgotte the nighties!

Mad Makz
21-04-2006, 07:50
There we go, now that army looks a little more formiddable. :)

Da GoBBo
21-04-2006, 16:06
I'v tried fielding shamans on wolves and it lost my the battle 2 times out of two. I'd strongly advice to put em elsewhere. Also, the warboss with the trolls can be good, but I always forget whether he can be targeted because of his smaller base. If you go allong, get him da shiny baubles, makes yer unit a lot more survivable.

first off, I would take the orc off the boar,and stick him with the normal orcs.

:) ... :p ... :D ... its a kinda silly to ask, but I couldn't help wondering: doesn't this mean you want to get rid of the orc, and stick the boar with the normal orcs? I thought that was quiet funny :p

ROCKY
21-04-2006, 16:12
I'v tried fielding shamans on wolves and it lost my the battle 2 times out of two. I'd strongly advice to put em elsewhere. Also, the warboss with the trolls can be good, but I always forget whether he can be targeted because of his smaller base. If you go allong, get him da shiny baubles, makes yer unit a lot more survivable.

:) ... :p ... :D ... its a kinda silly to ask, but I couldn't help wondering: doesn't this mean you want to get rid of the orc, and stick the boar with the normal orcs? I thought that was quiet funny :p
Lol. well sometimes the boar is the better fighter. no, but being that you had no other boar boys to cover your boss' butt, I would stick him in an orc unit in the middle of the army near the troll so they may use his LD.