PDA

View Full Version : Bloodbowl woodelves

scottb
20-03-2005, 15:54
Right I have a Bloodbowl league starting next week, and iam playing with woodelves, im just wondering what team to start with?

My usual start team is 10 line elves, 1 wardancer and 2 re-rolls and a fan factor of 8.

No special rules in the league, so any ideas anyone? I was considering 9 line elves 2 wardancers and 2 re rolls and a fan factor of 3. Not sure on that one though.

redemptionist15
20-03-2005, 16:13
Right I have a Bloodbowl league starting next week, and iam playing with woodelves, im just wondering what team to start with?

My usual start team is 10 line elves, 1 wardancer and 2 re-rolls and a fan factor of 8.

No special rules in the league, so any ideas anyone? I was considering 9 line elves 2 wardancers and 2 re rolls and a fan factor of 3. Not sure on that one though.

Im a starter Wood Elf Player, and i am a little bit of a nOOb to Bloodbowl however i have been running the second team you have mentioned and i personally find it more effective than the first. The second wardancer makes a massive difference to the side, and it means that if god forbid the first wardancer gets killed/seriously injured you still have another ace in your pack. The loss of fan factor though annoying has to be done, simply because Wardancers are so very good.

Just my opinion.

scottb
21-03-2005, 00:06
Im a starter Wood Elf Player, and i am a little bit of a nOOb to Bloodbowl however i have been running the second team you have mentioned and i personally find it more effective than the first. The second wardancer makes a massive difference to the side, and it means that if god forbid the first wardancer gets killed/seriously injured you still have another ace in your pack. The loss of fan factor though annoying has to be done, simply because Wardancers are so very good.

Just my opinion.
Yeh having 2 wardancers would be nice, would take a lot of heat off the other instead of the other team trying to murder 1 player. If only woodelves didn`t cost so much heh...70k for a line elf. hmmm wonder if i could get by with one re-roll hmmm?

neXus6
21-03-2005, 00:24
A thrower might very well be a useful buy, though I do understand the way your starting team has been set up. Just relying on the basic AG 4 to get everything done.
If you are going this way I'd say put your faith in your elves and your abillity to stay out of tackle zones and go for the single re-roll. That would probably keep your fan factor up high enough to give you an income that can cover injuries, cause with a wood elf team that has no subsitutes you are going to be in trouble if one player even suffers a "Miss a game" injury.

In the long run I think 9 line elves 2 wardancers 1 reroll and what ever else on fan factor should do, have faith in your AG4, you've already shown it by not taking throwers or catchers.

Heh, who would have thought that would have come from someone who hates woodelves with a passion. :D I love Blood Bowl.

scottb
21-03-2005, 14:00
Yep I am using the agility 4 and move of 7 to keep my fragile players out of harms way, hopefully :) . On another note the league starts tonight, slight miscalculation on my part, but I think i will go with the 9 line-elves, 2 wardancers 1 re-roll and a fan factor of 8. Depending on who i have to play 1st I should be ok.

neXus6
21-03-2005, 15:29
Certainly seems like the best course of action to me.
Good luck, let us know how you do.
:)

scottb
03-04-2005, 16:04
Ok 1st game done. Resulted in a 3-2 loss but I beat him on casulties 3-2, my opponent was playing an elf team so the ball was zipping around a lot, could have gone either way though (if I didn`t keep rolling many ones). But the best moment of the game was the post match when he bankrupted me grrr... then one of my wardancers got 6 spps and I rolled an 11, he he an AG5 wardancer after my 1st game :D . One game down 11 left to play.