PDA

View Full Version : I need 1000 pts worth for now!

Marsekay
20-04-2006, 18:20
EDIT!!! nooo i meant 1500 pts worth of models!! not 1000 repeat 1500!

Ok space marine addicts i am building a tourny army as mentioned 2 mins ago and need an army worth 1000 pts (for now) but it has to fulfill the following guidelines.

needs to include

2 landraiders
2 vindicators
1 termy armoured "leader" probably with p fist and s bolter?
as many termys as possible (1 ass cannon to every 5 man squad)
and any troops needed to be made of 5 man sniper rifle weilding scout squads.

who can write me the list? dont worry bout posting points just make sure its 1000 or 1 or 2 under i just need to buy the models i dont need a stat line or point cost rundown.

And dont give me this army will never win crap because i know. i just like the models and i dont want to paint any more standard marines for a while yet i want to play some games win or lose spectaculaly!!

damz451
20-04-2006, 18:23
ummm 2 land raiders + 2 vindi's is at about 750, termy squad will be near 250ish points and manditory troop choices would equal about 150, pretty much everything u listed plus 1 terminator squad will be 1.5k, also note that u have 4 heavies selected, need to drop 1

Marsekay
20-04-2006, 18:44
Cant i use a raider as a termie transport?

I really need an exact model rundown i dont have a codex handy these days and i dont want to buy one just to write one list.

Count Squidula
20-04-2006, 20:09
it still counts as a Heavy suport choice. You might want to do a 1500 list and squese in 2 FOC.

Count Squidula out!:chrome:

Marsekay
20-04-2006, 20:18
Ok to dump a vindicator or a land raider? if i dump the raider i still get a cool tank plus more termys yet, theres more models to paint then!

arrggh!

corvin
20-04-2006, 20:27
With a Land Raider as a transport option for an HQ command squad, you could do this:

Master of Sanctity
Terminator Armour

Terminator Command Squad (3)
Assault Cannon
Veteran Sergeant
Stormbolter, PowerWeapon

Land Raider

Scout Squad (5)
Sniper Rifles

Scout Squad (5)
Sniper Rifles

Land Raider

Vindicator

Vindicator

[1480 pts]
4 Tanks
1 Chaplain in Termi Armour
4 Terminators
10 Scouts

Guderian
20-04-2006, 20:31
Two LR transports? Or two Crusaders?

Two bare Transports + two Vindies(with POTMS of Course) comes in at 770.

The bare minimum (assuming your not doing deathwing) is gonna be 2, 5 man scouts, all with rifles brings our total up to 950, without an HQ.

If we take the cheapest leader guy (termie armour, Storm Bolter, PF) and give him a termie command squad, with 4 guys one ass can, you up the total to 1235.

Add the last termie squad with one ass can, and you hit 1455.

The only way to keep it under 1K is to get rid of one of the termie squads, and their LR transport, which brings our total low enough to change the Lr to a Crusader, and be right at 1000 pts.

Note: These numbers are generated from memory, so there may be a few errors here and there.

I left the points values of each item vague deliberately (Don't want to get in to an Intelectual Property debate), but attempted to give accurate totals.

Marsekay
20-04-2006, 21:09
are you two differeing on points?

I dont want crusaders. just standards and what does master of sanctity have to his name weapons wise?

Marsekay
20-04-2006, 21:12
EDIT sorry bout double post just getting excited.

Two LR transports? Or two Crusaders?

Two bare Transports + two Vindies(with POTMS of Course) comes in at 770.

The bare minimum (assuming your not doing deathwing) is gonna be 2, 5 man scouts, all with rifles brings our total up to 950, without an HQ.

If we take the cheapest leader guy (termie armour, Storm Bolter, PF) and give him a termie command squad, with 4 guys one ass can, you up the total to 1235.

Add the last termie squad with one ass can, and you hit 1455.

The only way to keep it under 1K is to get rid of one of the termie squads, and their LR transport, which brings our total low enough to change the Lr to a Crusader, and be right at 1000 pts.

Note: These numbers are generated from memory, so there may be a few errors here and there.

I left the points values of each item vague deliberately (Don't want to get in to an Intelectual Property debate), but attempted to give accurate totals.

so the models i would have to get for 1500 points are

2 land raiders
2 vindys
10 scouts with sniper rifles
10 terminators (inc 2 ass cannons)

sounds good.

kermit
20-04-2006, 21:41
If this is a tournament army... you might have some difficulties with objective based games. You don't seem to have enough minis. I understand you want it to be small so you don't have to buy much, but you really only have 4 squads that can claim objectives and even then they are at the minimum. You will have a really hard time to try and keep them at a scoring level.

Just a thought about what you are trying to attempt.

Guderian
20-04-2006, 21:46
Master of Sanctity has a Crozius(PW) and a +4 Invul save, and allows the squad he is attached to to reroll any failed To Hit rolls in the first round of CC in a turn in which they Charge.

With the list I gave you you have 55 points to play around with:

Additional 2 scouts to each squad.
Increase the size of one of the Termi squads by one, and bump the 2 wound Captain up to a 3 wound Master.
Teleport Homers, Extra Armour, Smoke, etc. for the vehicles, Missle Launchers for your scouts.

gLOBS
20-04-2006, 21:47
He will have 8 as Land Raiders and Vindicators can claim objectives and count as scoring units.

Marsekay
20-04-2006, 21:49
If this is a tournament army... you might have some difficulties with objective based games. You don't seem to have enough minis. I understand you want it to be small so you don't have to buy much, but you really only have 4 squads that can claim objectives and even then they are at the minimum. You will have a really hard time to try and keep them at a scoring level.

Just a thought about what you are trying to attempt.

Ha yeah i was expecting this.

honestly i am not fussed. just want a quick to get together and paint army. just want to buy the lot in one go.

kermit
20-04-2006, 22:11
Ha yeah i was expecting this.

honestly i am not fussed. just want a quick to get together and paint army. just want to buy the lot in one go.

Cool. I did not intend to offend.

There is a player around here who wants to run a full 10 GK termi squad w/psycannon, 2 full 10 GK marine squads with psycannons. With no additional additions this came to almost 1250... and he wanted a landraider as well. I have been trying to tell him to diversify a bit as it will be very hard to play an army like that well.

So that was the mind set I was on when I read your thread. If that is what you want to do, then you must let us know how you do with it. I know I would be a bit worried looking down 2 landraiders and 2 vindicators... but I think my armies would be able to handle this pretty well though.

As a side note, would you be willling to trade in a Landraider for 2 Dreadnaughts? A little more money, very little bit more painting, but your army might have a bit more diversification and a few more targets?!!? Just an idea.

Marsekay
20-04-2006, 22:26
Cool. I did not intend to offend.

There is a player around here who wants to run a full 10 GK termi squad w/psycannon, 2 full 10 GK marine squads with psycannons. With no additional additions this came to almost 1250... and he wanted a landraider as well. I have been trying to tell him to diversify a bit as it will be very hard to play an army like that well.

So that was the mind set I was on when I read your thread. If that is what you want to do, then you must let us know how you do with it. I know I would be a bit worried looking down 2 landraiders and 2 vindicators... but I think my armies would be able to handle this pretty well though.

As a side note, would you be willling to trade in a Landraider for 2 Dreadnaughts? A little more money, very little bit more painting, but your army might have a bit more diversification and a few more targets?!!? Just an idea.

I like the idea but i would have to get FW models knowing me. which is gonna cost extra i think.

When i add the next chunk of 500 pts i will think of one or two though.

but thats much later.