PDA

View Full Version : Lore of nurgle (woc)

Dreadlordpaul
17-12-2011, 20:35
Has anyone ever noticed that the cloying quagmire spell from the warriors lore of nurgle can instakill the stank

snottlebocket
17-12-2011, 20:37
Isn't the stank immune to any magic without a strength value?

Dreadlordpaul
17-12-2011, 20:40
Nope I got told in store today that it isnt :)

jack da greenskin
17-12-2011, 20:45
Nope I got told in store today that it isnt :)

I'd go off what the rulebooks say rather than heresay in a shop :L

Dreadlordpaul
17-12-2011, 20:48
But the rulebook dosent say anything about it and from what I read in the faq its rules have changed

Tzeentch Lover
17-12-2011, 20:52
Has anyone ever noticed that the cloying quagmire spell from the warriors lore of nurgle can instakill the stank

The tank has to pass an armor save to die. Still great, but not automatic like Pit of Purple Sun.

Morkash
17-12-2011, 20:54
Yes, the rules have changed, it can be affected by spells as other units. If you target a Steamtank with Cloying Quagmire and it passes its Armour Save, it is destroyed indeed, so in most cases it will be destroyed on 2+.

Dreadlordpaul
17-12-2011, 20:54
The tank has to pass an armor save to die. Still great, but not automatic like Pit of Purple Sun.

True its not very likely to fail

ftayl5
18-12-2011, 10:27

Yeah but Quagmire is a 9+ to cast not 14 like Pit or 15 like Purple Sun.

Also the chance of the Steam Tank failing its 2+ is about the equivalent of the chance that Pit will scatter and miss (I cant remember how large a Steam Tank is but I think only a 5 or 6 would scatter the template enough for it to miss.) Also Purple Sun has fairly high chance of missing the Tank.

In other words, Quagmire is probably about the best spell for Steam tank removal.

Does beautifully on Cold One Knights too.

Dreadlordpaul
18-12-2011, 14:28
Yeah but Quagmire is a 9+ to cast not 14 like Pit or 15 like Purple Sun.

Also the chance of the Steam Tank failing its 2+ is about the equivalent of the chance that Pit will scatter and miss (I cant remember how large a Steam Tank is but I think only a 5 or 6 would scatter the template enough for it to miss.) Also Purple Sun has fairly high chance of missing the Tank.

In other words, Quagmire is probably about the best spell for Steam tank removal.

Does beautifully on Cold One Knights too.

It works great on bretonia too :p