-Great Weapon

==Heroes==

Thane - 135
-BSB
-Master Rune of Spite

Thane - 140
-Master Rune of Skalf Blackhammer

==Core==

27 Dwarf Warriors - 295 (Runelord) (7x4)
-Full Command
-Great Weapons

27 Dwarf Warriors - 295 (Thane) (7x4)
-Full Command
-Great Weapons

27 Dwarf Warriors - 268 (BSB) (7x4)
-Full Command
-Shields

10 Thunderers - 140

10 Thunderers - 140

==Special==

Cannon - 95
-Rune of Burning

Cannon - 125
-Rune of Forging

Grudge Thrower - 115
-Rune of Reloading
-Rune of Penetration

Total Points: 1999

Where can i improve?

calnen
19-12-2011, 13:20
I'm not convinced by some of the Rune choices.
Runelord: Kragg the Grimm is doing nothing besides give him magical attacks. I think the poitns are better spent on more defence for him.
BSB: Add a shield with Rune of Stone for a 2+ save as well as the ward.
Thane: I'd drop him entirely tbh. You could swap him for 14 more guys, and the extra ranks will add more staying power to the blocks.

Infantry: Solid. As above, adding more bodies never hurts. Also, make one of them rangers?
War machines; It's traditional to have Rune of Forging on all cannons. It rocks :)

SteVieBizzLe
19-12-2011, 13:45
I thought you need the rune of kragg to use a grea weapon a a great weapon? if not i will drop it entirely...

Will drop the non-BSB thane then, give each dwarf unit 4 more guys..5 for the shield unit for 125 points.

with the 35 points i now have, i will take rune of stone and a shield on the BSB, amking the list look like this.

Runelord - 256
-Master Rune of Balance
-Master Rune of Gromril
-Rune of Resistance
-Great Weapon

Thane - 142
-BSB
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Stone
-Shield

31 Dwarf Warriors - 335 (Runelord) (8x4)
-Full Command
-Great Weapons

31 Dwarf Warriors - 335 (BSB) (8x4)
-Full Command
-Great Weapons

32 Dwarf Warriors - 313 (8x4)
-Full Command
-Shields

10 Thunderers - 140

10 Thunderers - 140

Cannon - 95
-Rune of Burning

Cannon - 125
-Rune of Forging

Grudge Thrower - 115
-Rune of Reloading
-Rune of Penetration

Total Points: 1996

Does this look better? more dwarfs on the ground and a tougher BSB, i wish he could take a GW :(

Dreadlordpaul
19-12-2011, 14:20
Hmmmm id say take a rune smith as well if u could drop something just to buff your magic defence

calnen
19-12-2011, 14:24
Hmmmm id say take a rune smith as well if u could drop something just to buff your magic defence

He already has a 3-dice swing, that should be enough except against very magic-heavy armies.

Dreadlordpaul
19-12-2011, 14:29
He already has a 3-dice swing, that should be enough except against very magic-heavy armies.

Yes but most armies are packing atleast 2 hero level casters if not a level 4 backed up by 2 level 2s

SteVieBizzLe
19-12-2011, 14:35
At the end of the day its not really how many casters you have its the dice, no point having 2/3 casters if you roll a double 1 for winds of magic...in which case, you get 1 dice, i get 4.

I like my chances.

Dreadlordpaul
19-12-2011, 14:45
At the end of the day its not really how many casters you have its the dice, no point having 2/3 casters if you roll a double 1 for winds of magic...in which case, you get 1 dice, i get 4.

I like my chances.

Yes but certain armies have ways to increase their power dice. Namely high elves with teclis and their banner, Dark elves with power of darkness and sacrifical dagger, Vampire counts with Master Of The Black Arts and daemons with power vortex and boon of tzeench

SteVieBizzLe
19-12-2011, 14:48
Yeah, your're right, but i'm a dwarf...we always get 'out-magiced'...

...we compensate with cannons :)

Besides i play a super magic heavy TK list atm so it will be nice to try something other than magic (which gets tedious relying on certain spells to win the game)

But i think adding another runesmith will disrupt the overall effectiveness of the army...wen i get this army i will pay test it a few times and if i am consistently getting bashed by magic i will find the points to add one in :)

Dreadlordpaul
19-12-2011, 14:50
Okay :) I was just suggesting you play at one of your armys strengths

SteVieBizzLe
19-12-2011, 15:13
Haha, okay will keep that in mind :)

What I could do is this:

==Lords==

Runelord - 256
-Master Rune of Balance
-Master Rune of Gromril
-Rune of Resistance
-Great Weapon

==Heroes==

Thane - 140
-BSB
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Stone

Runesmith - 94
-Rune of Spellbreaking
-Great Weapon

==Core==

27 Dwarf Warriors - 295 (Runelord) (7x4)
-Full Command
-Great Weapons

28 Dwarf Warriors - 305 (BSB & Runesmith) (6x5)
-Full Command
-Great Weapons

30 Dwarf Warriors - 295 (6x5)
-Full Command
-Shields

10 Thunderers - 140

10 Thunderers - 140

==Special==

Cannon - 95
-Rune of Burning

Cannon - 125
-Rune of Forging

Grudge Thrower - 115
-Rune of Reloading
-Rune of Penetration

Total Points: 2000

I get +4 dispell dice every magic phase + a 'scroll'

Still got 3 big, tough blocks. And still got the same shooting output.

What do you think?

Dreadlordpaul
19-12-2011, 15:14
Thats more like a proper dwarf army

dwarfboy
29-12-2011, 16:33
How come no-one suggests rune of accuracy for a grudge thrower? the re-roll i've always found unbelievably helpful.

woodster17
29-12-2011, 16:44
Any chance you could find the points to turn one some of those Warriors in to Rangers? The ability to charge very early on could cause some serious problems for the enemy. I agree with you dwarfboy, the rune of accuracy is flat out a killer. Opponents hate Grudge Throwers.

dwarfboy
29-12-2011, 21:47
I think you should still add some organ guns. I was tempted to try something new in my games, I always find organ guns get charged early on so i was thinking of putting a master engineer with it with a good re-rollable armour save. that way it has the potential to hold up enimies due to it being stubborn. what do u think?