PDA

View Full Version : 2K Tournament Lizards

tyrannustyrannus
19-12-2011, 16:55
I played a similar list in a 1500 point tournament a few months ago and finished second. I lost my only game to a skaven player who skitter leaped his rat wizard and initiative tested my Slann and Stegadon into a hole on the second turn. I tabled a Brettonian player another Lizard Army in my other games. Opponent wise, I'm expecting more of the same. I don't think I'd let my opponent get off leap and crack in the same turn again, but I'm trying to defend better against it.

Lord:
Slann Mage Priest (Lore of Life)
Focus of Mystery
Focus of Rumination
Cupped Hands
Cube of Darkness
BSB

Hero:
Saurus Scar Vet
Great Weapon
Light Armor

Skink Priest on Ancient Stegadon
Dispell Scroll

Core:
Saurus Warriors w/spears (20)
Saurus Warriors w/ hand weapons and shields (19)
Skink Skirmishers w/blowpipes (12)

Special:
Temple Guard (20)
Chameleon Skinks (6)

Rare:
Salamander Hunting Pack

The idea is to set up underneath the Engine Bubble and avoid combat until at least turn 3. Try to take out their wizard with the Slann and then take out their general with a juiced up S7 Saurus. I know I will face trouble if I draw Empire. I usually don't have trouble with Dwarves.

Any thoughts on handling the Initiative tests and/or war machines? I've got some room to spare.

skirder
19-12-2011, 19:34
Lord:
Slann Mage Priest (Lore of Life)
Focus of Mystery
Focus of Rumination
Cupped Hands
Cube of Darkness
BSB

Can't have the cube and the cupped hands... both are arcane

Hero:
Saurus Scar Vet
Great Weapon
Light Armor

Skink Priest on Ancient Stegadon
Dispell Scroll

These seem fine, although Engines are nowhere near as good as they once were. Put the cube here, since you can't have it on the slann

Core:
Saurus Warriors w/spears (20)
Saurus Warriors w/ hand weapons and shields (19)
Skink Skirmishers w/blowpipes (12)

Spears potential isn't taken advantage of due to our low I. usually, we are losing spear attacks before we strike back. the 6++ parry is usually better AND cheaper. The only time i take spears is with lore of light.

Special:
Temple Guard (20)
Chameleon Skinks (6)

Good and Good

Rare:
Salamander Hunting Pack

always nice to have :)

The idea is to set up underneath the Engine Bubble and avoid combat until at least turn 3. Try to take out their wizard with the Slann and then take out their general with a juiced up S7 Saurus. I know I will face trouble if I draw Empire. I usually don't have trouble with Dwarves.

Any thoughts on handling the Initiative tests and/or war machines? I've got some room to spare.

ASL against and combat character with nothing but a 4+ armor save is a gamble. Use the 25 pts to protect this guy, otherwise he won't even get to strike back.

Lore of Light is the only thing we have that raises our I. Becalming cognition makes the I test spells MUCH more difficult to cast. and, with no irresistible force, it can be dispelled!

as far as warmachines go, the 5++ bubble is good, but expensive. other than that, using life to grow us back is the best we have. as long as your steg is within 12", your slann should be able to use the lore attribute to give it 2-3 wounds back per turn.

tyrannustyrannus
19-12-2011, 21:13
yeah, I forgot the arcane rule.

as far as the Saurus with Spears go, I usually get them up to T8 with Life, so they do get to strike back. I will have to test out lore of Light a couple times before the tournament. Thanks for the input.

skirder
19-12-2011, 21:31
In a tournament setting, you shouldn't be getting both throne and flesh to stone almost ever. even in friendly games i can usually only get that combo maybe once per game. Not saying it isn't awesome, just not something to plan on.