PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts DOW giant model inspiration needed

paulsk
20-04-2006, 21:46
I want to add a DOW Giant to my Vampire Counts army, but I want to model it to make it feel 'VC'. I think the Khemri Bone Giant looks goofy, so I want to avoid that. I think a giant were-beast look would be fitting, but I can't think of any existing models that would be a good basis for a conversion. My most promising idea so far is to put a Ogre Kingdoms Yeti on a 50mm base, but he would look kinda weedy next to a proper giant model. Anyone have suggestions on a model to use as the basis for a giant were-critter conversion?

Griefbringer
20-04-2006, 22:01
Well, if you have got the money to spare, this should be big enough:

http://www.pegasomodels.com/details_en.asp?code=FW-006

paulsk
20-04-2006, 22:21
That is a handsome model! But I should have specified that I'm trying to stay within the GW range so I can use the model at Hobby Centers.

NakedFisherman
20-04-2006, 22:25
Use the new Giant.

skavenguy13
20-04-2006, 23:14
1 word: Frankenstein

Verminmistress
20-04-2006, 23:15
1 word: Frankenstein
OMG, so very yes. It shouldn't be too hard to do with a bit of creative GS-ing. :D

EvC
20-04-2006, 23:43
Giant Ghoul. It's "Alive!"

Simon23
20-04-2006, 23:56
What about taking a normal giant and making it a zombie giant using greenstuff to show entrails and stuff. Make it as disgusting as possible...a tower of filth....:D

skavenguy13
21-04-2006, 01:02
I guess now would be the time for Forge World to make a zombie ans a skaven slave. That, or their 3-ups.

Alco Engineer
21-04-2006, 01:17
I know I want to make a zombie giant (similar to a zombie dragon I guess) Make it the pet for my Necrach Vampire Count.

paulsk
21-04-2006, 01:57
Giant Ghoul. It's "Alive!"

Zombie giant seems a little obvious, but I do like this suggestion...

Krusk
21-04-2006, 02:16
It could be anything, just as long as it is clearly undead, and large enough to plausibly fit on a giant sized base. In my mind, I would want something like what Tetsuo turns into at the end of Akira, a boiling mass of protoplasmic flesh sprouting eyes and such, kind of like Frankenstiens monster, only moreso, obviously this would fit well in an army with a Necromancer or Zacherias the unliving wannabe type general.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
21-04-2006, 03:39
Just make some hugenormous undead construct. Saw off the arms, attack Slaanesh GD claws, put bandages, gouge out the eyes, give him a leather face-mask, open the tummy, guts, gore, faces, etc.

That or a giant bloated worm/slug/brain-leech thing. That'd be awesome.

Kristov
21-04-2006, 04:07
with teh new plastic giant it should be pretty easy to cut him up, especially his stomach which already looks bloated and rotten, give him a gray complexion and dark cicles under the eyes, maybe use one arm from teh bone giant or something so it looks liek his flesh is peeling.

ABABABABABABABA
Kristov

piotrov
21-04-2006, 04:50
As far as a "zombie giant" is concerned, I'd like to see somebody chop the new plastic one in half and have him freshly re-animated, crawling from his (giant) grave.

Long_Fang
21-04-2006, 05:41
Or using his own decapitated head to bash in enemies!!! yesssss

EvC
21-04-2006, 16:42
As far as a "zombie giant" is concerned, I'd like to see somebody chop the new plastic one in half and have him freshly re-animated, crawling from his (giant) grave.

omga, you could even use the Giant kit to make TWO undead giants, like how people make loads more zombies/ skeletons with the current boxed sets!!! Seriously...

Hideous Loon
21-04-2006, 18:36
EvC, not really. You only get one torso, which sucks donkey genitals, I know, but that's the way it is, I'm afraid. You could make an additional torso using GS if you're sufficiently skilled, though.

Emresh
21-04-2006, 19:11
Also, this thread might be of interest to you.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32020

metallegion
21-04-2006, 19:16
I'd paint him up like he was trick or treating for humans. ;)

Neknoh
21-04-2006, 20:28
Depending on your general, there are a number of ways:

1. Strigoi army
- A Giant Ghoul, make it as gory as possible and reshape his hands into more slothlike ones (basically huge and bent claws but still with handshape), paint him VERY pale and nasty.

2. Von Carstein Army
- Well... a hired giant wouldn't be all too impossible here, might I suggest some slight conversionwork on him to show his new allegiance, perhaps things such as added wolves on his clothes and such

3. Lahmians
- Lots and lots of jewelry and the Giant carefully carrying a Lahmian Vampire in his hands.

4. Necrarch
- Big and nasty undead construct with lots of claws and additional limbs attatched to it, maybe even a try to attach wings to it
Alternatively, a big Frankenstein's Monster

5. Blood Dragon
- A gigantic Knight, helm with dragontop etc.

6. Necromancer
- A giant Zombie.

mjc1000
23-04-2006, 17:15
just buy the new giant and mutate him with green stuff give him bright red bulges and rashes and stuff cut of parts of his body and fill them in a twisted way with green stuff...:chrome:

Neknoh
23-04-2006, 21:56
erm... that constitutes a Chaos Giant