PDA

View Full Version : Exit building

stashman
22-12-2011, 00:23
Sorry I have asked this before and is confused after watching diffrent battlereports.

When a unit exit a building, how far can it move and how many ranks can exit?

Watching this battlereport.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVjbLD2oOOE&list=UU-FKledL3ys1n_A27J5Xefw&index=26&feature=plcp

4:16 a unit exit the building, 20 deep nightgoblin unit. As by the rules, it can't exit more than its movement, or can it?

Help me out! Thanks!

Mr_Rose
22-12-2011, 00:28
Units enter and leave buildings in their entirety. As for the rest, the rules are pretty clearly laid out on p.127 of the RB.

Scalebug
22-12-2011, 00:32
Place the unit in any desired formation, with at least one model in its rear rank touching the building. No model in the unit may be placed more than twice its normal Movement distance from the building.

20 goblins deep clocking in at nearly 16" would break that a bit...

stashman
22-12-2011, 00:34
Units enter and leave buildings in their entirety. As for the rest, the rules are pretty clearly laid out on p.127 of the RB.

Not so clear for me, otherwise I wouldn't have asked :rolleyes:

Do they play it correct in the report or wrong. Can a unit only exit its movement? Lets say the nightgoblins should only leave 4 inch + 1 extra free from the building (according to FAQ)? How can a unit 10 deep or even 20 deep exit a building?

This also makes Frenzy in building useless if you "Place the unit in any desired formation" becuse you can say, I wan't my unit to be 20 ranks deep, only one wide, and you are forbidden to exit.

Scalebug
22-12-2011, 00:59
Oh, yeah, forgot about the errata... it is now "Place the unit in any desired
formation, with at least one model of the rear rank 1" away
from the building and no model within 1" of the building.”

But... it only tells you to change the first sentence, the one about touching the building, the following sentence still stands. It is not an additional "free" 1", the bottom line becomes that you must be in a formation that will fit in the space between 1" out and 2* your Movement.

While I see your point on frenzy, the end result is that you must leave in failing the test, and because of this "any desired formation" will be limited to one that is able to be placed. Only if this is entirely impossible, say building is surrounded by units, will they stay inside.