PDA

View Full Version : Starting Ultrmarines!

Commissar JVE
22-12-2011, 04:02
I havnt played in months and i had to sell all of my armies the last couple years.

So what I have so far....

Captain (scrath built) - Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer, digital weapons = 160 pts

Chaplain - Power Fist, Melta Bombs = 120 pts

Tactical Marines A (10) - Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power Fist, Rhino = 240 pts

Tactical Marines B (10) - Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power Fist = 205

Terminator Assault Squad (5) - 3 TH/SS, 2 LC. Landraider = 450 pts (Chaplain joins)

Crusader = 250 pts (Tactical squad B and Captains)

What do yall think?

druchii
22-12-2011, 04:38
I havnt played in months and i had to sell all of my armies the last couple years.

So what I have so far....

Captain (scrath built) - Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs, Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer, digital weapons = 160 pts

Chaplain - Power Fist, Melta Bombs = 120 pts

Tactical Marines A (10) - Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power Fist, Rhino = 240 pts

Tactical Marines B (10) - Plasma Gun, Missile Launcher, Power Fist = 205

Terminator Assault Squad (5) - 3 TH/SS, 2 LC. Landraider = 450 pts (Chaplain joins)

Crusader = 250 pts (Tactical squad B and Captains)

What do yall think?

I think putting a hammer on your captain is an awful idea. If I were you id put a relic blade and a storm shield on him. That way he still strikes at i5 but also wounds most things on 2s. He's also a lot more survivable (watching your HQs get splattered by an errant power fist isn't cool), also if you do keep the hammer, give him a bolter(the pistol wont give him +1a) and drop the bombs.

Terminators should be all Th/SS. Boring but much more effective.

I also question the idea of shoving an entire tactical squad into a land raider (ie neutering their shooting while inside ). If you really want a scoring land raider buy some scouts.

Id also look at some melts guns over plasma guns for tank busting/ versatility purposes.

d

Ps. Oh and good for you for playing the boys in blue!

Sternguard777
22-12-2011, 05:22
I applaud you on your courage, making such a declaration here of all places. Anyway while somewhat on the topic of leader effectivness most people are of the belief that the Librarian is the most cost effective leader. So most people will be telling you to drop the Chaplain and Captain in favor of one of them.

RandomThoughts
22-12-2011, 06:58

I apologize if this comes across as rude, but the only two reasons I still play 40K are the Eldar army I nurtured to its current size of ~5K and the people I regularly play with. If I lost both, I'd completely switch to Warmachine. Far more enjoyable game mechanics, and a fully playable army is about a fifth the size of a 40K army, so by the time you've brought your Ultramarines up to 1000 points, you could already own two fully playable WM forces.

Just thought I'd point that out, but not really my place to tell you otherwise if you want to get back into 40K. Still, one question you really need to ask yourself: Do you want an imaginative army (with self-built Thunderhammer captain and Powerfist Chaplain), or do you want a cookie-cutter net-list? The replies you're getting so far are cookie-cutter netlist recommendations, and people will probaby keep making them unless you tell them otherwise. ^^

Regards
RT