PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have little icons I can use?

intellectawe
21-04-2006, 03:37
I been trying to find icons on the net for days and I cant find jack squat.

I have a campaign I am finishing up, but wjhat I am missing are those little icons that each army has, you know, the twin tyranid pic and the eldar crying eye pic.

Does anyone have a library of these icons I can copy and use as army markers for my campaign map?
I can scan all my books, and resize everything, and upload them, and blah blah or I can just snatch up some online icons and be done with it.

These are the armies I am looking for icons from;
Ultra Marines
GK
Squats
DE
Eldar
Tau
Necron
Kroot mercs.
Chaos and Khorne
Orks

I would rather just pluck them from a website, but if anyone has a file with them on it just shoot me the dl link or email it to me intellectawe@gmail.com. Thanks suckas!

Rlyehable
21-04-2006, 12:23
The latest WD(us) had an avertisment for the Medusa V campaign.

It has circle icons for most of the forces you listed. You can scan them, duplicate them in the numbers needed, and print them out.

intellectawe
21-04-2006, 15:29
Yeah, well, you didnt read my post I dont think. I appreciate your response, but I already stated that I have the icons in all my books, i just want to get them off the web. I see some users here have icons as avatars, I was just wanting to know where they got them from so I could get them.

I wouldn't buy a WD if it had gold inside. That mag is a worthless piece of ****.

Actually you gave me an idea, imma check out the medusa campaign on the GW site and see if tehy have icons.

Still, if anyone gots a little library of images and pics of warhammer 40k, please help me :)

Bmaxwell
21-04-2006, 16:01
I would just take one of your favorite pictures and crop it to size thats what I did for my Buddy Icon on Aim and did the same thing for my icon here on Warseer.

Aren't there allso some buddy icons on the GW website?

impending slaughter
21-04-2006, 16:20
You mean like this?

http://rapidshare.de/files/14952593/40kIcons.ttf.html

impending slaughter
21-04-2006, 17:11
Its not a file sharing program, its a font ;)

.ttf format = TrueTone Font

intellectawe
21-04-2006, 17:13
Its not a file sharing program, its a font ;)

I tried this before. Maybe you could help.

How can I get the images out of the font file and use it in a image program?

impending slaughter
21-04-2006, 17:18
I don't know how to directly extract the images, but heres the method I use to do it:

Go to control panel > fonts

When the window comes up, go to file > install new font

Browse for the font file and double click to install it

Go to your graphics program and use the font to get the images. You could save them as individual .png images this way, or you could just use word and enlarge the font size and print them out that way

Corlock Striker
21-04-2006, 17:21
I believe GW has images of all the decal sheets for the armies in the online store somewhere. You might be able to nick the images you need from there, though they'll need to be enlarged. And I do realize that this is almost the same as just scanning the images in from your books, but hey, at least they've already been digitized for you.

intellectawe
21-04-2006, 17:29
Thank you guys for everything!

Everyone on here has been a big help. With finals for college and work, I really needed something quick, and everyone here has helped me save hours an hours or work!

BloodRaven
21-04-2006, 19:08
Yeah, well, you didnt read my post I dont think. I appreciate your response, but I already stated that I have the icons in all my books, i just want to get them off the web. I see some users here have icons as avatars, I was just wanting to know where they got them from so I could get them.

I wouldn't buy a WD if it had gold inside. That mag is a worthless piece of ****.

Actually you gave me an idea, imma check out the medusa campaign on the GW site and see if tehy have icons.

Still, if anyone gots a little library of images and pics of warhammer 40k, please help me :)

Whit dwarf isn't that bad. Is it? We should be told. :eyebrows:

intellectawe
21-04-2006, 20:21
I don't know how to directly extract the images, but heres the method I use to do it:

Go to control panel > fonts

When the window comes up, go to file > install new font

Browse for the font file and double click to install it

Go to your graphics program and use the font to get the images. You could save them as individual .png images this way, or you could just use word and enlarge the font size and print them out that way

No program I have will open the font file. I cannot use any imaging programs to do it this way..

Sign...

impending slaughter
21-04-2006, 20:48
No program I have will open the font file. I cannot use any imaging programs to do it this way..

Sign...

You don't literally open the font file. The font installs to your computer and then you can use the font with any program with a text function. Test it in Word to make sure it works. I know it works in Word, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Paint. It should work with most programs

intellectawe
21-04-2006, 21:20
You don't literally open the font file. The font installs to your computer and then you can use the font with any program with a text function. Test it in Word to make sure it works. I know it works in Word, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Paint. It should work with most programs

Ok, I will try it!

DraXaus
21-04-2006, 22:02
You can find them on the US 40k main page, here (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/default.htm).

They were right under your nose...

intellectawe
21-04-2006, 22:27
You can find them on the US 40k main page, here (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/default.htm).

They were right under your nose...

HOLY MOTHER TRUCKER!!!!!

Thank you for your help!