PDA

View Full Version : 2500p Skaven 'Adversary List'

Chaostheory
29-12-2011, 01:02
Hey guys,

My primary opponent and I will be playing a series of 2500p games using proxies to stress test our lists against different armies and for some fun! I'm up first with Skaven. We are making the proxy lists as rock solid as possible to really see how tough the opposition could be. So cries of cheese is unnecessary as we expect and want it to see how we deal with it.

Anyway this will be the first list I play against him and will change based on game experience and feedback here. It's very much a combined arms list with double A-bomb cheese stinking the mix up.

Slaves tarpit, Abombs do their thing with SV ,warlords Clanrats and ratogres form the main line with the giant rats being a hardy flanking unit. The Greyseers Clanrats will act as a brain and will contain the BSB as well. Greyseer will skitterleap the bombers in for destruction whilst doing what he can. And yes the pistols are there to stay. I find them alot of fun after the bombs are away.

Any suggestions:specifically warlord kit, Clanrats armaments etc would be great. I chose the warlords kit to keep him cheap, with a 2+ rerollable save that rebounds every saved wound...and I have rerolls! Greyseer won't see combat if at all possible so cheaper out on him.

2500p skaven adversary list

Greyseer Earthing rod [255](G)
Warlord, Warpstone armor, litter, Dawnstone, sh [183]

BSB - stormbanner, Shield[122]
Eng - lvl 1, doomrocket, condensor, pistol [123]
Eng - Brass Orb, Pistol [73]
Eng - Deathglobe, Pistol [48]

33 Clanrats - Spears, FC <-Warlord starts here [168.5]
30 Stormvermin - STD, mus WFT[295]
25 Clanrats - FC, Shields WFT [202.5]<- Bunker Unit
43 Slaves - mus [88]
42 Slaves - mus [86]
25 Giant rats, 5 P.Masters [115]

6 Rat Ogres - 2 P.Masters, Masterbred [271]

HPA [235]
HPA [235]

BlackPawl
29-12-2011, 12:22
If you want a cheese list then drop the warlord because he will not bring back the points.
Take one or more WLC to soften up enemy units before they hit the battle line (or after that if they fight your slaves).

Give your Grey seer a 4+ ward - if not against hand to hand combat then against death magic.

Give your last Warlock Lev 1 and a dispell scroll, you will need them to protect your GS and your HPAs against fire spells.

40 slaves will not tarpit anything. I have seen empire units stronger than 50 models. Go 50 or better 60+ modells per unit.

Which army will your opponent use?

Chaostheory
30-12-2011, 17:29
Hey thanks for the reply.

It doesn't need to be super cheesy but just hard as nails. Ur notes seem very good. Just a couple of quick questions;

1. The warlord and core requirements.
- The reason I took one at all was because I feel Skaven Clanrats are terribly weak. Now stormvermin can do ok against average troops but Clanrats seem like they will lose to basically anything that isn't a slave. Why I chose the warlord was because of limiting attacks back on the Clanrats giving them a fighting chance. Similarly that's why I gave that unit spears.with the warlord filling 2 spots that leaves only 3 Clanrats in contact. However I will get 13 attacks back(14 with champ). Seems like a good ratio to me. Basically I'm trying to make the most out of the obligatory core requirements. The warlords porcupine setup will make S3-4 hordes hurt with the retributive strikes and even str 5 has a good chance of saving. So small clanrat frontages with a comparatively large CR attacks + warlord/litter 8 S4 attacks + rebounding attacks I thought made for a decent unit in and of itself- is my logic off or does it just not play like that?

If not I guess drop the CR and Warlord for more stormvermin? I have issues with Clanrats. Without a character with them I feel slaves will do a better job but with twice as many bodies. They don't compare to stormvermin as a 'fighty' unit. The only role I see them excelling in is character support - narrow and deep. Provide full Combat res with a higher weapon skill which makes them better defensively than slaves. Flankers I'd rather use giant rat packs..

Again I have never played Skaven so it's just my impression of how they will play. Basically what do u do to maximize the obligatory core requirements in the list?

Cheers!

CT

If you want a cheese list then drop the warlord because he will not bring back the points.
Take one or more WLC to soften up enemy units before they hit the battle line (or after that if they fight your slaves).

Give your Grey seer a 4+ ward - if not against hand to hand combat then against death magic.

Give your last Warlock Lev 1 and a dispell scroll, you will need them to protect your GS and your HPAs against fire spells.

40 slaves will not tarpit anything. I have seen empire units stronger than 50 models. Go 50 or better 60+ modells per unit.

Which army will your opponent use?

calnen
30-12-2011, 18:02
That list looks pretty sick to me. No particular advice as I'm not a skaven player, but you've made it very clear why my local tournaments all comp certain builds. I've got no idea how I'd beat that with a dwarf list..