PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone purchased Tamurkhan (the model)

redben
30-12-2011, 15:34
Has anyone bought the Tamurkhan model from FW? Did it take much work before you were able to assemble it?

Satan
30-12-2011, 15:49
Some. The toad dragons joinys don't fit very well together so it took alot of greenstuff to fill them out.

redben
30-12-2011, 16:46
Thanks. I'm not especially skilled in this type of thing so before dropping 125 on a model I'd like to know what I'm letting myself in for.

Korraz
30-12-2011, 17:11
It's Forgeworld.
At best parts fit poorly and you have to work it out with GS.

I don't own one, one I know someone who does. In addition to the mentioned Toad Dragon Joints, he also had to practically resculpt a small part of the right front leg and bend a few parts back in shape.

sulla
30-12-2011, 21:23
I made and painted one for a friend. I replaced the banner pole with a brass rod because it felt too flimsy, and had to straighten the axe because it was very bent.

The main thing was that it needed a very good washing to get rid of all the release agent. I washed it but obviously not well enough because the paint in a few nooks and crannies (particularly under the rider's legs) wouldn't take. I eventually got around it by repainitning those parts after it had been varnished.

Satan
30-12-2011, 22:43
I love the model, but my main issue has been the dinosaur scales, which seem to break off pretty often - flimsy stuff on large models just doesn't work in resin.