PDA

View Full Version : Odd thought.....

Bonzai
03-01-2012, 01:29
If the Kroot some how managed to capture an etherial or two and eat them, then they could theoretically create a new strain of Kroot... the Kroot'auns. Aside from being tasty and going great with salad, these Kroot'auns could potentially lure Tau away from pursuing The Greater Good, and instead following the Kroot agenda of Greater Food. It could in time lead to the complete take over of the Tau Empire...

What do you guys think? Interesting idea for a splinter faction, or should I stop chasing my antibiotics with bourbon?

lantzkev
03-01-2012, 01:47
probably need to lay off the bourbon =p

I bet you'd probably more likely end up with purple kroot that are afraid of melee than anything =p

Kevlar
03-01-2012, 02:09
Yep, that is an odd thought.

Cryptic
03-01-2012, 02:12
Purple Kroots with their head in books.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
03-01-2012, 02:17
Purple Kroots with their head in books.

That just sounds like Horrors of Tzeentch ;)

I like the idea and I could certainly see it happening, though I don't reckon that many (If any) Tau will be influenced and it would be more an anomaly than an important factor.

Chem-Dog
03-01-2012, 03:01
This is, of course, assuming that Ethereal "control" of the other Castes is a biological function. And it's assuming that Kroot have the level of ability to select that specific trait, they could just end up being vegetarians :eek:

ForgottenLore
03-01-2012, 03:02
Well, assuming that GW decide to be stupid and they confirm the Imperium's speculation that ethereals exert some sort of biological, non-cultural control over the Tau society, then yeah, it is an interesting idea. It does take kroot a couple generations of eating the same kind of food for them to start acquiring traits, so you would need a bunch of kroot with a fairly sizable number of ethereals over a span of decades, and I suspect the Tau keep pretty close tabs on what happens to every individual ethereal so that many going missing would draw attention, probably lots of attention.