PDA

View Full Version : Model Love

BrotherCaptainS
03-01-2012, 19:37
I've just got to say, I just put together one of the new sentinals, yes I know they've been out a while, but I love the kit. It is so much more poseable and customizable compared to the old kit. Kudos to GW on that.

I also Just built my first new Leman Russ, a shadowsword and a catachan command squad. Again Great kits all around, even though i would have liked more extras in the russ kit I had plenty in the shadowsword kit to cover that.

I think I'm just loving playing some guard, no not leaf blower either, lots of guys with some good support. Its a nice change from my 3+ addiction. If I can find it in me to do my nids after this project lif will be even better.

Did I mention the newer guard kits, honestly they are great compared to the old ones.

Jo-Jo
03-01-2012, 20:22
The sentinels are so good, I have nine now. So good if you like scenic bases.

castellanash
03-01-2012, 20:27
The FW drop sentinels are beautiful in just the same way :) love the new guard stuff if not the price tag

Johnnya10
03-01-2012, 22:39
I love the FW Chaos Dread kits. I've done two now (EC and Nurgle) and they're two of my favourite paint jobs too. But the kits alone were a joy to put together.

To be honest, my all time favourite is the CSM 10 man box. There's so much potential when you open the box. Helmets, shoulder pads, weapons, icons... And all the legions and traitors to choose from. And when you get them all built and undercoated, they look immense. But when they're painted up... Just fantastic.

In contrast, I just built my first defiler and, well, I don't love it. It looks monstrous and menacing (both very good for a CSM man) but the kit was quite dull. I'm sure I'll love it when I get round to painting it, but I didn't get the satisfaction I thought I would from building it.

Corvus Corone
04-01-2012, 11:04
I'll just chime in here too, having started DE in the last weeks.

Epic, epic models; the details are incredible compared to plastics of yesteryear.

Jetbikes. Scourges. Warriors. Wyches.

And the razorwing? Breathtaking.

EDIT: I built a few of the new sentinels for my store when they came out. Very impressed; posable goodness. Made one so it was curb-stomping a chaos marine =).

Hicks
04-01-2012, 11:56
I still think the carnifex is the best thing GW ever made out of plastic. It's a pleasure to work with and easy to customize and magnetize. It's really a breath of fresh air for an army that suffers from a lot of models that are hard to assemble (I guess finecasts helped tremendously with that though).

Of course, now it's the laughing stock of all the big beasties in the game, so you don't really see them on the field anymore. :cries:

Demoulius
04-01-2012, 12:27
Not the topic that I was expecting with a name like that (so thats a good thing :D)

I love how all marine kits are inter changeable... Same with IG kits! Really makes making your own special minis easy and rewarding :)

Corvus Corone
04-01-2012, 12:32
Not the topic that I was expecting with a name like that (so thats a good thing :D)

I love how all marine kits are inter changeable... Same with IG kits! Really makes making your own special minis easy and rewarding :)

The DE kits are great for this too. My trueborns look groovy!

The Marshel
04-01-2012, 13:29
I had great fun with a crisis suit i made and painted for a friends birthday a couple years back

The Death of Reason
04-01-2012, 13:37
The Dreadknight.

Its a horrible model, if you assemble it 'out of the box', but give it just a little effort, you can come up with a great and dynamic model, instead of a constipated looking super sized baby carrier :p

Murrithius
04-01-2012, 16:22
Dreadnoughts. All of 'em.

Lord Gabranth
04-01-2012, 16:29
The Valkyrie was so much fun for me to put together I could easily do 8 more of them and another one was the FW broadside suits. So many ways to pose them, it was incredible.

And as to the OP the one, and currently only, sentinal I put together was also one of the most fun times I have had, and wished that GW released more kits like that.

Okuto
04-01-2012, 17:08
The DE line is dead sexy....while a joy to put together I don't trust myself to paint them yet.....as I'm a speed painter and I wanna do my DE proud....going from painting orkz, guardsmen to DE models is a hug jump me thinks

Till then my DE army is a army of grey sadly...

Project2501
05-01-2012, 05:10
Dreadnoughts. All of 'em.

Seconded, with a little extra emphasis on the Forgeworld ones.

sprugly
05-01-2012, 11:08
Agree with lord gabranth on the valkyrie. Built my first one a few weeks ago and it was a dream to put together. The parts all fit so well with almost no lines left between parts after glueing. I did a little extra work to magnetize the weapons. All together great kit.

Sprugly

BrotherCaptainS
06-01-2012, 03:33
I just built my first valk, it is a lovely kit. went together so nice.

Sinnertje
06-01-2012, 04:32
Imperial Guardsmen just make me all warm and fuzzy inside.
So many options, so much potential for kitbashing, so many different bits and possible poses...
Im pretty sure that only a small handful of my 135 guardsmen have the same stance.