PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Points Chaos Dwarfs

Max_Killfactor
04-01-2012, 19:34
First try at a list for them. For 'friendly' games against my group to get a feel for the list.

Sorceror-Prophet: 400 points
Talisman of Preservation, Black Hammer of Hashut (+2 strength, flaming, flammable models are insta killed when wounded), Enchanted Shield, Channelling Staff, Lore of Hashut
===========================
BsB Castellan: 200
Great Weapon, Mask of the Furnace (4+ ward, +1 to armor, 2+ ward from flaming)
20 Hobgoblins: 122
Bows, Musician, Standard, Shields

28 Infernal Guard: 383
Full Command, Licheborne Pennant
6 Bull Centaurs: 325
Great Weapons, Full Command

Magma Cannon: 145

Deathshrieker: 100
K'daai Destroyer: 325

I know it's small, but I like Bull Centaurs and I'm not a fan of too many Hobgoblins. My Lord is kinda a fun build. Pretty tough and if I get Ash Storm off on a unit he is fighting, he can be a scary foe in melee.

I have respectable shooting power and my hard hitting units are very fast. I feel it's a good balance of hitty and shooty.

tmarichards
04-01-2012, 21:07
It has a Destroyer, it will do well :(

Something I have heard of being run with decent success is a Castellan on a Flying Carpet- throw in the Dawnstone and he becomes fairly nasty, might be worth trying out :)

Max_Killfactor
06-01-2012, 13:32
It has a Destroyer, it will do well :(

Something I have heard of being run with decent success is a Castellan on a Flying Carpet- throw in the Dawnstone and he becomes fairly nasty, might be worth trying out :)

I hadn't heard of that one, thanks. That could be fun at higher points, but for now I want to keep him in my only real infantry block.

My group is leaning towards the Destroyer being wounded on 6s, which I am fine with. Two of my main opponents are WE and Beasts... and I'm not a jerk. It's still worth it's price tag.