PDA

View Full Version : Which arcane item?

pippin_nl
04-01-2012, 23:17
Which arcane item would you use in an Empire army?

tmarichards
04-01-2012, 23:27
This doesn't really work in isolation... if you had to choose one of the 4 in a vacuum then a Dispel Scroll would be my first choice, but only because the Seal of Destruction isn't on the list.

Lebowski
05-01-2012, 01:35
disp scroll.... erry day!

sulla
05-01-2012, 02:13
This doesn't really work in isolation... if you had to choose one of the 4 in a vacuum then a Dispel Scroll would be my first choice, but only because the Seal of Destruction isn't on the list.I second the seal of destruction comment. My first pick if i were taking only one empire arcane. After that, the rod of power is a good way of getting another 2 power dice per turn off warrior priests. :evilgrin: It would depend on the build of your army. What are you looking for? Offence or defence? Is your army based on huge blocks or steam tanks that can be wrecked with one superspell? Or are you wanting to overwhelm your opponent with magic? The d.scroll is always a safe choice if you have a slot available, but my armies get by happily without one.

Enigmatik1
05-01-2012, 03:57
This doesn't really work in isolation... if you had to choose one of the 4 in a vacuum then a Dispel Scroll would be my first choice, but only because the Seal of Destruction isn't on the list.

Agreed, although my default Arcane Item is the Channeling Staff. It has the potential to do something useful every turn.

Moomoo
05-01-2012, 18:16
With the current rulebook I'd say; dispel scroll

Bukket
05-01-2012, 22:06
Dispel Scroll

Cragum
05-01-2012, 22:16
if your not taking a dispel scroll your going to take a beating at one magic phase that you could do without...

popisdead
05-01-2012, 22:42
You could take multiple mages and items? Generally Dispel Scroll is tops though.