PDA

View Full Version : The Birth of Super-Orc!

Malorian
04-01-2012, 23:38
The Birth of Super-Orc!

It happened one day that Gork, or possibly Mork, was stomping around a battle field. Not a very uncommon event, but on this day he was having a little bit too much fun.

From the corner of his mouth a bead of drool fell from his lips and crashed to the ground, landing right on top of a savage orc warrior.

At the time many thought the greenskin crushed and dead, and seeing as he was covered in mounds of green and yellow goo it certainly was a logical idea, but underneath that slime something was happening... the orc's body became hard, his muscles gre strong, and he gained abilities that only gods enjoyed...

Bursting from his cocoon Super-Orc was born! Flying high in the sky the orc rallied his fellow orcs and goblins and zipped towards the ranks of Skaven they had been facing ready to tear them apart.

Super-Orc was here and woe be to those that got in his way...

So I got a game against my brother but he said I had to use a crappy list. With this in mind I thought it was the perfect time to break out my new conversion: take the new savage orc kit with out stretched arms, slam on a cape and a cool head and BAM! Super-Orc!

From here I did NOT add a BSB and instead added a scattering of poor preformers and setup a game using a system I will be using for a tournament coming up.

Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8pdVn7Kcw

TsukeFox
05-01-2012, 00:42
You know you bash the ole warmachines- but my regular O&G opponent always cripples my doomwheel with a single doomdiver & his lobba puts the poor critter out of it's miserly-unless I kill his the warmachines 1st.

At worst warmachines force an opponent to move.

Super Orc is my Hero-!!

Malorian
05-01-2012, 00:48
The lobba is a lot better than the doom diver.

For fun try figuring out how many doom divers you would need to kill a doomwheel in a single turn on average.

Rosstifer
05-01-2012, 00:57
For fun try figuring out how many doom divers you would need to kill a doomwheel in a single turn on average.

They go through my Chaos Knights just fine though :(

Another fun battle report, as per usual.

Malorian
05-01-2012, 02:59
They go through my Chaos Knights just fine though :(

So do my trolls, and they are ALWAYS useful :evilgrin:

Of course everything has their best case situation, but overall you just don't see knights in 8th other than the odd VC knight deathstar or the odd WoC knight unit. Too often all I see is hordes and hordes of infantry, which is why I would favor the rock lobba, but then again with me getting into combat on turn 1 or 2 that lobba doesn't have much time to do it's work before it's fast cav food.

I don't know, I'm just not a war machine fan in 8th, and I don't think I will be until the meta seriously changes.

I love Super-Orc! Do you mind if I make my own version of him (maybe Son of
Gorkseid-style)?

Malorian
05-01-2012, 23:23
I love Super-Orc! Do you mind if I make my own version of him (maybe Son of Gorkseid-style)?

Go for it :D

Tupinamba
06-01-2012, 00:06
Loved Super-Orc!

That´s the kind of stuff that makes warhammer special. Cheers

Djine Phaï
06-01-2012, 11:45
Great report, as usual.
It's always good to see some fantasy stuff on your youtube channel !

It's a shame you don't like doomdivers ... those crazy flying goblins could fit very well in a "super-orc" themed army ! :D
Just as pumpwagons with wings, etc...

Long life to super orc !

Malorian
06-01-2012, 17:51
It's always good to see some fantasy stuff on your youtube channel !

Trust me, I wish I could be getting more in. It's just a matter of my new work schedule and the fact that a warmachine game takes only 45 minutes to play so it's easier to fit in.

There are many tournaments I plan to go to this year :D