PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Armour do they go out of date?

Grocklock
06-01-2012, 18:44
As the question asks, i know some people dont see them as being legit, and this is not a thread for that but the new apocolpse book did it replace the last what other books are no longer counted as being in curculation.

johnnyrumour
06-01-2012, 18:52
IA1 (Guard and Navy) is unavailable, as is IA3 (Taros Campaign). Some of the stuff in these two, and IA4's Tyranid rules, are mostly superceded by Imperial Armour Apocalypse Second Edition and Imperial Armour Apocalypse II.

IA5, 6 and 7 are reasonably up to date and the DKK and Renegades lists from IA5 have been updated as PDF's.

IA8, 9 and 10 are fully up to date (9 and 10 work with C:SM) and 11 is obviously most recent.

Grocklock
06-01-2012, 18:54
Thank you for your help on a side note do you have the imperial armour apocolpse,
Im reading though it and some of the option which state it can be used in standard games of 40k don't have a force slot attached to them has this been addressed?

johnnyrumour
07-01-2012, 14:43
I think they are working on an errata which should address it. I think the Chaos Contemptor is Elites, the Ork stuff is Heavy Support for the Grot Mega Tank, Fast Attack for the WarKopta (or a dedicated transport for Kommandos). They covered it on their facebook page I think... somewhere!

http://www.facebook.com/ForgeWorldUK

madprophet
08-01-2012, 08:32
Army lists come and go, fluff is forever

Grocklock
08-01-2012, 12:30
thank you for your help answering my questions

MvS
08-01-2012, 15:39
Madprophet X 2!

The campaigns, artwork, background and miniatures are still perfectly usable and much better than a lot of GW Studio stuff. The actual rules for Foregworld units may change, but then these tend to be addressed in newer publications or through free downloads. :)

Inquisitor Engel
08-01-2012, 18:30
The campaigns, artwork, background and miniatures are still perfectly usable and much better than a lot of GW Studio stuff. The actual rules for Foregworld units may change, but then these tend to be addressed in newer publications or through free downloads. :)

Yup. IA 1 and 2 are less than stellar in terms of fluff, effectively just being "guidebooks" to the vehicles but from IA3 onwards... Wow.

fluffstalker
09-01-2012, 07:27
Don't see why they shouldn't be viable unless your playing at a tournament with specific rules.

Chaos and Evil
09-01-2012, 11:26
Don't see why they shouldn't be viable unless your playing at a tournament with specific rules.

Edition changes often make a nonsense of the rules in the IA books.

Oerd
10-01-2012, 20:08
Army lists come and go, fluff is forever

Well, the color of ork blood changed, and there seem to be some other things i can't remember right now that have changed over the last decades

FarseerBeilTan
10-01-2012, 20:53
Expensive bookcase fillers these days, half of them are out of date