PDA

View Full Version : I suck at putting together tau rail rifle drones

Kroxigor
21-04-2006, 20:41
Yeah I don't know what it is, but I just can't get them right. Basically every time I try to put them on theri little post thing they shatter. Most likely it is impatience. BESIDES WAITING any tips?

Inquisitor Engel
21-04-2006, 20:46
Don't mount glue them on the flying stand.

There's a purposely designed hole for it to fit in, you can take them on and off.

Glue the bottom parts together, HOLDING THEM WITH YOUR FINGERS PATIENTLY and then put the saucer on top.

If you're not willing to hold it together for five minutes, then you're in teh wrong hobby mate.

Kroxigor
21-04-2006, 20:51
yeah i hold it for a while, it's just after they are dry and all. I have no problem with the saucer, just whenever i stick it on the stand it breaks, I am now just going to leave them overnight and see what happens when I try to put them on their flying post tomorrow.

The Orange
21-04-2006, 22:06
So your problem is that the flying base keeps breaking? What type of glue are you using? In any case, it may be bettter not to glue the flying base onto the models, that way they wont break when your transporting them.

The Librarian
21-04-2006, 22:08
Use another glue then, epoxy or something like it. Or maybe some Greenstuff...

Kroxigor
21-04-2006, 23:01
The base doesn't break they just don't stay together.
I am pretty sure I got it covered, just gonna wait until tomorrow once the drone is all set up then just stick it on and hopefully it doesn't fall off right away. I don't really want to glue the flying base to the little guys but if it comes to that oh well.

Ironhand
21-04-2006, 23:57
You may need to drill the hole out in the drone a little so that it fits easily on the base. USe a Dremel or a pin vise, and check the bit against the post of the stand to make sure it's the right size.

brother_fandango
22-04-2006, 01:28
i just take a small round base and take some wire and glue em togeather. it looks much better and is more durable thas a flying base.

Annubis
22-04-2006, 17:01
If you have a HobbyTown USA near you, go get their house brand Medium CA glue. I used it for my DE Hydra and dropped it and the necks did not snap off=)

Lord Zsinj
22-04-2006, 18:28
You could always use 2-part plumbers metal epoxy (I forget it's real name, but it seals metal). I use it on all my metal models. My best friend did the same with his wraiths, and they are rock solid.