PDA

View Full Version : win some lose some.

marv335
22-04-2006, 00:03
ok, played a 1500pt battle with my crimson fists vs a 'nid force today.
recon mission with escalation.
this meant that 60% of my force was in reserve.
my opponent however had lots of stealers, broodlord, two lictors, two carnifexes, and 30-40 gaunts.

managed to pull off a win (actually i massacred him 1700+ vps to 0)

so hooray for me :D

then i got to my car and i had a parking ticket.
way to spoil my afternoon :(
just thought i'd share.

HPD_Andy
22-04-2006, 01:16
Too bad about the ticket..I know those can suck for people. Hope the fine isn't too bad. But hey, you did not tell us how you pulled off the win. Come on man details, brag a little, strut that stuff!

Toppan
22-04-2006, 01:48
yeah im very curious now...put up some army lists
edit 100th post yay

Warlord Kyle
22-04-2006, 02:17
im a new player in this game. I want to find out how a fellow tryanid player was that humiliated.:wtf: honestly
sucks about the ticket

FoolsJourney
22-04-2006, 02:43
Me too. I must say my 'Nids have never been convincingly beaten- their only losses only being very close run things, and I have absolutely no shooting in my army at all (save for the spine banks on my 2 Carnis).

Smoking Frog
22-04-2006, 05:19
Come on badger boy, tell us your tale or we'll badger you to no end!!

Badger!!!

I got a parking fine once.

marv335
22-04-2006, 12:06
right. my list.
reclusiarch/term honours/plasma pistol/jump pack.
10x assault marines/vet sgt(pp/pf/cs)/2x pp

3x lst

dreadnaught ac/hf/dccw

pred autocannon/h bolter

2x tac squad (5x marines missile launcher)
3x tac squad (5x marines melta gun/vet sgt/pp/pf)

his list
as reported in post one.

6'x4' table, 25% terrain set up by 3rd party.

recon mission, omega rules in force, no dusk&dawn.

i win the roll for table edges, opponent deploys first.
he deploys his genestealers (with scuttlers) as far forward as he can.
i deploy a tac squad on a hill at the back of my deployment zone 30" away from him.
he then deploys the gaunts on the other flank in one huge unit.
i deploy another unit of marines beside the first on the side of the hill 4" away

then i place the reast of my tac squads in a refused flank keeping them so that the group of trees near my deployment zone is wholly within 12" and with los around it so the broodlord cannot deploy there.

broodlord deploys as infiltrator with retinue into terrain 18" from my front line.

i win the roll for first turn.

"open fire all weapons" cue massed bolter fire on the genestealers. their scuttler rule has brought them within range of my boltguns.
i only get 1/2 dozen shots. kill one 'stealer.

gaunts fail IB, move toward BL. 'stealers move forward.

turn 2.
assault squad, dreadnaught, lst arrive.
assault squad moves up left flank of board.
others move into centre and take up firing positions on genestealers.
broodlords unit takes lots of casualties. down to 3+BL
other 'stealer unit reduced to 6.
stealers move up, charge vet tac squad i lose two marines, he loses three stealers to a powerfist.
his lictors arrived in the movement phase as did one carnifex.
one lictor charged my assault squad, killed a marine and was cut down. the other scattered onto a squad and was destroyed.

turn 3

more shooting broodlord unit reduced to BL, gauts thinned down to a handfull by massed firepower of dred/pred. wound taken off BL.
stealers in combat wiped out for no further casualties.
broodlord attacks lst in hth misses all attacks. remaining carnifex moves onto board.

turn 4

broodlord gets gunned down. remaining gaunts also get gunned down.

turn 5

carnifex gets wiped out by lst/dread combo.
several of my units are in his deployment zone.

turn 6
i take three wounds off his remaining carnifex with two tac squads (one marine fries himself with a plasma pistol shot) and dreadnaught. carnifex charges tac squad but only hits once, then fails to wound.
game ends.

i lost two tac marines to 'stealers,
one assault marine to a lictor,
one vet sgt to a plasma overheat.

he lost everything exept one carnifex (but it was down to 2 wounds at the end of the game)

and the parking ticket costs 30 if i pay it in 14 days, 60 if i don't.

Ithor
22-04-2006, 12:32
Seems like the dice gods were on your side there matey! Reminds me of the last time I played against a freind's Space Wolves with my Eldar - I think I lost three guardians, all in turn one, to a Vindicator shell. Game over by turn four I think!

kris.sherriff
22-04-2006, 12:45
ok, played a 1500pt battle with my crimson fists vs a 'nid force today.
recon mission with escalation.
this meant that 60% of my force was in reserve.
my opponent however had lots of stealers, broodlord, two lictors, two carnifexes, and 30-40 gaunts.

managed to pull off a win (actually i massacred him 1700+ vps to 0)

so hooray for me :D

then i got to my car and i had a parking ticket.
way to spoil my afternoon :(
just thought i'd share.

Where has all this skill come from? Yon only win that well when you are playing me:p
sorry about the ticket mate:(

Danny Internets
22-04-2006, 17:18
You seem to suggest that his carnifexes started out on the board, but, being monstrous creatures, they should have started in reserve in an escalation scenario. I guess you won anyway though, so not big deal :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that in the battle report you indicated they came on in reserve

BloodiedSword
22-04-2006, 17:41
Looks like you set up your army in the right way to deal with a CC only force, had plenty of anti infantry fire, and your opponent just threw units at you willy nilly with no real strategy in mind other than "chaaaarrrge". You deserved to win that by a landslide..

Shame about the ticket though..

Lord Zsinj
22-04-2006, 18:24
On a side topic, have anyone here ever had a REALLY epic, close run, thoughly enjoyable game? The type you talk about for weeks? Then the next time you play, it is the lamest game ever? It seems to happen to me and my regular opponent alot.